2011 Mustang GT 5.0

Started by Payman, December 26, 2009, 08:42:47 PM

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on January 20, 2010, 02:14:51 PM
Wow, creepy. Certain I've owned The Nethead 34 ways from Sunday on every single jihad he's ever undertaken, but it doesn't warrant such obsession.

Seriously, it's enough to make a guy think about leaving a forum.
:rolleyes:

You take part in it as much as he does.  You bait the fuck out of him.  You do your best to bait me too, but I've stopped biting.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

GoCougs

Quote from: R-inge on January 20, 2010, 02:25:54 PM
Creepy indeed.  I wonder if he also has Google's street view of your home in front of his desk, with hearts all around it?

I can see a jab here and there, but it's been going on for weeks and weeks. It's been some time since I've engaged him directly.

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 20, 2010, 02:42:55 PM

You take part in it as much as he does.  You bait the fuck out of him.  You do your best to bait me too, but I've stopped biting.

Nah, once it started to get weird I completely disengaged (which was some weeks ago). And you are responsible for you Mustang/Ford jihadism, not I.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on January 20, 2010, 04:38:23 PM
I can see a jab here and there, but it's been going on for weeks and weeks. It's been some time since I've engaged him directly.

Nah, once it started to get weird I completely disengaged (which was some weeks ago). And you are responsible for you Mustang/Ford jihadism, not I.
Dodging responsibility now?  Always blame others.  You start sounding like a liberal more and more Cougs.

SVT666

Let's get back to the topic at hand.

93JC

"POWERED BY FORD" on the valve covers is a nice touch. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

SVT666

I'm in love with that intake manifold.

SVT666

Stop posting the same posts in 85 different threads.

Raza

Quote from: 93JC on January 21, 2010, 10:21:40 AM
"POWERED BY FORD" on the valve covers is a nice touch. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

That's the first symptom of lupus. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

Man cars have made progress. This motor is as advanced, efficient & cool as the S62 in the 2000-2003 M5, in a car half the price 10 years later. I'm no Rustaniac but I definitely tip my hat to Ford for this one.

FoMoJo

It brings back a lot of memories :wub:.
"Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth" ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

ChrisV

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT666

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

Quote from: Raza  on January 21, 2010, 11:01:21 AM
That's the first symptom of lupus. 

It's never lupus.

Except that one time.

omicron

I agree. More, please.

GoCougs

If it's a Ford engine isn't it a given that it's "powered by Ford?"

Raza

Quote from: GoCougs on January 22, 2010, 08:04:58 AM

Because no company has ever outsourced an engine before.

Of all the nits to pick....

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

GoCougs

I get that it's a throwback to hyperbole advertising of the days of yore, but it's stupid, especially in a car easily pegged as a Ford (Mustang, F150, etc.).

giant_mtb

SO WHY DUZ DODGE PUT "CUMMINS" ON THEIR DIESEL TRUCKS?! LULZ THEY'RE SUCH IDIOTS OMG LIKE WHO CARES, WE KNOW IT'S A DODGE CUMMINS WAIT WHAT?!

Who fuckin' cares, bro?

GoCougs

My claim is logically irrefutable.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on January 22, 2010, 08:04:58 AM

And you wonder why I accuse you of being a hater.  It's these types of posts that are really making me think you're really just a teenager.

ChrisV

Quote from: GoCougs on January 22, 2010, 08:19:38 AM
I get that it's a throwback to hyperbole advertising of the days of yore, but it's stupid, especially in a car easily pegged as a Ford (Mustang, F150, etc.).

No, it's cool, and it'll be even cooler in the inevitable engine swaps. I'd LOVE to put a DOHC 5.0 in the Comet, but the costs will be prohibitive, I'm sure.

the Camaro has big Chevrolet banners on it's engine, like anyone wont' know who makes the Camaro... Same ridiculous argument. :rolleyes:
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

omicron

Quote from: Nethead on January 22, 2010, 08:01:46 AM
The MX5/Miata needs this engine/transmission.  Or the supercharged version from the GT350 could work, too...

Omi, is this engine a definite for the Falcon, which supposedly loses its 5.4 this coming July?

Yes, definitely. Possibly as soon as April.

Sigma Projects

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 22, 2010, 08:35:56 AM
SO WHY DUZ DODGE PUT "CUMMINS" ON THEIR DIESEL TRUCKS?! LULZ THEY'RE SUCH IDIOTS OMG LIKE WHO CARES, WE KNOW IT'S A DODGE CUMMINS WAIT WHAT?!

Who fuckin' cares, bro?

I don't think Dodge designs the Cummins engine, Cummins Inc. designs the Cummins engine. Same as with Alison transmissions, the company that makes them is called Alison Transmission, both in Indiana.

The powered by ford only makes sense when it's not in a ford vehicle... like maybe a Shelby Cobra or something of the like. Just makes me think of the ricer stickers that put Powered By Honda in the window of the Civic...

Still a beautiful and well made engine.
RAs, the last of the RWD Celicas

SVT666

Quote from: Sigma Projects on January 23, 2010, 04:08:10 AM
I don't think Dodge designs the Cummins engine, Cummins Inc. designs the Cummins engine. Same as with Alison transmissions, the company that makes them is called Alison Transmission, both in Indiana.

The powered by ford only makes sense when it's not in a ford vehicle... like maybe a Shelby Cobra or something of the like. Just makes me think of the ricer stickers that put Powered By Honda in the window of the Civic...

Still a beautiful and well made engine.
So the big "CHEVROLET" and bowtie on the valve covers of the LSX engines is ricer too?  Personally I love it when the manufacturer makes cool looking valve covers.

SVT666

The 2011 Mustang Order Guides have been released and they are making a 3.73 rear axle as an option on the GT.  That's awesome.  Up until now you had to get that gear set in the after market.  There is also a Performance Brake Kit Package available that gives unique wheels and the GT500 braking system to the GT. 

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 24, 2010, 12:20:12 AM
The 2011 Mustang Order Guides have been released and they are making a 3.73 rear axle as an option on the GT.  That's awesome.  Up until now you had to get that gear set in the after market.  There is also a Performance Brake Kit Package available that gives unique wheels and the GT500 braking system to the GT. 
How much will those options cost.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

SVT666