Quote from: giant_mtb on March 25, 2010, 02:02:58 PM
MY PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOUR PENIS.

^ That's what you guys sound like.
I think it's more about muzzle velocity. :pee:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 25, 2010, 02:02:58 PM
MY PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOUR PENIS.

^ That's what you guys sound like.

I rented a penis last week that was bigger than any of these guys'.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 25, 2010, 03:44:18 PM

Indeed.

Cobra93

Hope that doesn't get taken out of context.  :confused:

Gotta-Qik-C7

:lol:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

GoCougs

Reno has real "dude ranches" I'm sure...

mojammer

I predict that this will be the 5.0's performance:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/09q4/2010_roush_ford_mustang_427r-specialty_file

It's quicker than the 4.6 GT, but slower than the GT500.  About as quick as the Camaro SS.

GoCougs

Quote from: mojammer on March 26, 2010, 01:11:53 AM
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/09q4/2010_roush_ford_mustang_427r-specialty_file

It's quicker than the 4.6 GT, but slower than the GT500.  About as quick as the Camaro SS.

Tuner/modified cars rarely if ever make good use of extra power (highlighting the difference between design and engineering).

That said, and given the GT500's performance, I agree the new GT 5.0 acceleration will be about that of the Camaro SS.

SVT666

Quote from: mojammer on March 26, 2010, 01:11:53 AM

It could be, but the Roush weighs 100 lbs more then the GT and only has the 5 speed.  There's too many unknowns right now.  When you get into the mid-4s it takes a lot to increase a little.  It's going to be close to this car, but I still think it will be faster then what you see there.  The 2011 GT has 100 more horsepower then the 2010 GT and only 23 extra pounds.  I think it will be closer to 4.5 or 4.6 seconds to 60 mph.  But we're going to have to wait and see until next month when the reviews start coming out.

SVT666

I am tired of hearing the "fuel efficient engines".  It should be "fuel efficient powertrains".  Gearing and drivetrain loss play a big part in fuel efficiency.

Raza

Quote from: Nethead on March 26, 2010, 09:13:13 AM
Raza:  Convertibilia:  Roadtests (and videos?) are coming this week-end, and this blog from www.mustangblog.com says the convertibles will be there, too:

2011 Ford Mustang GT Photo Tease
By Matt Rigney March 26th, 2010  

http://www.mustangblog.com/blog/1043751_2011-ford-mustang-gt-photo-tease

Hopefully by now most of you know the 2011 Mustang will be coming very soon with two new fuel efficient engines for the V-6 and GT models.  For the 2011 Mustang GT an all-new all aluminum 5.0-liter V-8 with 412 horsepower and 390 pound feet or torque will deliver class leading 26 mpg highway fuel economy.  For the less powerful 2011 Mustang V-6 it will offer a new 3.7-liter 305 horsepower engine delivering a 19 mpg city and 31 mpg highway fuel economy which is a first for any vehicle on the planet. To get an up close personal assessment of both vehicles our own automotive aficionado Marty Padgett had the pleasure of driving both 2011 Mustang GT and V-6 models in coupe and convertible forms.  We will see complete reviews of the first drive on all 2011 Mustang models Sunday night at 12:01 a.m. over at TheCarConnection.com.  For now Mr. Padgett has given us some photos to post of the 2011 Mustang GT drop top to wet our appetites for the buffet that awaits us Sunday night.  Check out all the 2011 Mustang teaser photos below in the gallery.

Looks pretty good!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

SVT666

I met a guy on the plane 2 weeks ago who lives in Seattle.  He's a got a 2005 GT in black with red leather and only 20,000 miles.  He's looking to sell it to buy a new 2011 5.0L.  I want his car in a bad bad way.

Catman

Looks clean.  Not sure why Ford can't spec nice looking wheels though.  These are not terrible but there's many wheels out there that complement the Mustang much better IMO.

SVT666

Quote from: Catman on March 26, 2010, 10:53:18 AM
Looks clean.  Not sure why Ford can't spec nice looking wheels though.  These are not terrible but there's many wheels out there that complement the Mustang much better IMO.
I know.  The only wheels on the Stang that I really like are the Track Pack and Bullitt wheels.

Raza

Quote from: Catman on March 26, 2010, 10:53:18 AM

Yeah, the wheels are kind of lame.  Maybe it's the silver paint on the car though; silver doesn't work on this car.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

Quote from: SVT666 on March 26, 2010, 11:01:07 AM
I know.  The only wheels on the Stang that I really like are the Track Pack and Bullitt wheels.

I like those fine.  The top is pretty nice but a little more tire might be better.

SVT32V

Quote from: GoCougs on March 26, 2010, 09:23:48 AM
Tuner/modified cars rarely if ever make good use of extra power (highlighting the difference between design and engineering).

That said, and given the GT500's performance, I agree the new GT 5.0 acceleration will be about that of the Camaro SS.

The previous GT500 versions have never lived up to their hp for the simple fact that they have horrible weight distributiuon.  With 800 lbs of engine/blower over the front wheels there is no weight over the rear wheels and traction has always been horrendous.

The 5.0 GT will not suffer from this problem, much like the current GT, I will not be surprised to see it putting down better times than a 2010 GT500 at least to 60.

SVT32V

Quote from: SVT666 on March 22, 2010, 09:55:39 AM

BTW, anyone who thinks the pushrod motors aren't competitive in power delivery, fuel economy, NVH, etc. has never driven one.

I currently have both a hemi in the jeep and obviously a DOHC 4.6. NVH still goes to the 4.6, the hemi is fine until pushing near redline and then it gets thrashy. 

Further the 5.7 fuel economy comes from the DOD, when lugging around on 4 cylinders the hemi can be coarse and doesn't sound all that nice.

That said I like them both and they are different and each has thier strengths and weaknesses.  Both fit their application well.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Raza  on March 26, 2010, 10:12:23 AM

Looks pretty good!

For some reason the side and hood lines look a little frumpy on that car. Maybe the convertible top + silver paint are the culprits?

Gotta-Qik-C7

I like the folding rear headrest.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Raza

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 27, 2010, 10:05:19 AM
For some reason the side and hood lines look a little frumpy on that car. Maybe the convertible top + silver paint are the culprits?

Silver paint and bad wheels make any car look less than special.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

hotrodalex

the Teuton

Nethead continues to post asinine press releases!

Posted March 28 2010 11:00 PM by the Teuton
Filed under: Please, please stop -- for the love of god

Nethead believes no one out there knows how to use the internet, so he posts press releases for everyone.

CarSPIN is blessed to have some of the internet's foremost Mustang trolls. But move aside Hemi, SVT, or whatver the fuck your name is anymore because Nethead is coming to town to repost Autoblog, Jalopnik, and wired Ford press releases on the 'Spin for you! Hailing from Bumfuckville, Pa. right to the north of the Teuton, Nethead claims that he is spreading the word of the lord, Henry Ford, to enlighten the masses to the benefits of solid rear axles at a time when even trucks are starting to get independent rear suspensions and coil springs.

Praying to his modular V8's gnarly growl, the Nethead does not believe in the first person -- that is, because the Mustang is the only thing that comes first in his heart. His living room furniture is comprised of old boxes that held Motorcraft car supplies some years ago. And back when his first word spoken after 'Fox' was apparently 'Mustang,' followed by 'Falcon,' 'Cleveland,' and 'Lido.' The Nethead married the first girl he met at a Ford swap meet, and he once attempted to burn down Yenko Chevrolet which sits just a short trip from his hometown.

You see, Nethead will continue to post these shitty press releases, ignoring that people understand what a mouse does, and ignoring the fact that we all probably have read the same press releases well before he ever posts them here. But they make him feel good, and he believes he's actually pissing off Cougs and any other Camaro troll, so we'll continue to let him do it. But, honestly, it's getting tired as hell, and he probably should stop.

Stay tuned!
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on March 28, 2010, 08:58:25 PM
Nethead continues to post asinine press releases!

Posted March 28 2010 11:00 PM by the Teuton
Filed under: Please, please stop -- for the love of god

Nethead believes no one out there knows how to use the internet, so he posts press releases for everyone.

CarSPIN is blessed to have some of the internet's foremost Mustang trolls. But move aside Hemi, SVT, or whatver the fuck your name is anymore because Nethead is coming to town to repost Autoblog, Jalopnik, and wired Ford press releases on the 'Spin for you! Hailing from Bumfuckville, Pa. right to the north of the Teuton, Nethead claims that he is spreading the word of the lord, Henry Ford, to enlighten the masses to the benefits of solid rear axles at a time when even trucks are starting to get independent rear suspensions and coil springs.

Praying to his modular V8's gnarly growl, the Nethead does not believe in the first person -- that is, because the Mustang is the only thing that comes first in his heart. His living room furniture is comprised of old boxes that held Motorcraft car supplies some years ago. And back when his first word spoken after 'Fox' was apparently 'Mustang,' followed by 'Falcon,' 'Cleveland,' and 'Lido.' The Nethead married the first girl he met at a Ford swap meet, and he once attempted to burn down Yenko Chevrolet which sits just a short trip from his hometown.

You see, Nethead will continue to post these shitty press releases, ignoring that people understand what a mouse does, and ignoring the fact that we all probably have read the same press releases well before he ever posts them here. But they make him feel good, and he believes he's actually pissing off Cougs and any other Camaro troll, so we'll continue to let him do it. But, honestly, it's getting tired as hell, and he probably should stop.

Stay tuned!
:lol: Brilliant!

GoCougs

That's so mean. Seriously, The NetHead's world got turned on its ear with the sales and performance success of the Camaro; he needs this elixir, this punching bag, this pressure-relief valve. It's ugly, but it's necessary.

SVT666 implicitly benefits too, but his recent efforts at trying to separate himself from Uber Mega Mustang Jihadist Status have had a modicum of success lately (albeit coming off a bit forced) ultimately staving the necessity of it.

CJ

Seems like Mustang sales are on the rise.