2011 Mustang GT 5.0

Started by Payman, December 26, 2009, 08:42:47 PM

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: the Teuton on March 28, 2010, 08:58:25 PM
Nethead continues to post asinine press releases!

Posted March 28 2010 11:00 PM by the Teuton
Filed under: Please, please stop -- for the love of god

Nethead believes no one out there knows how to use the internet, so he posts press releases for everyone.

CarSPIN is blessed to have some of the internet's foremost Mustang trolls. But move aside Hemi, SVT, or whatver the fuck your name is anymore because Nethead is coming to town to repost Autoblog, Jalopnik, and wired Ford press releases on the 'Spin for you! Hailing from Bumfuckville, Pa. right to the north of the Teuton, Nethead claims that he is spreading the word of the lord, Henry Ford, to enlighten the masses to the benefits of solid rear axles at a time when even trucks are starting to get independent rear suspensions and coil springs.

Praying to his modular V8's gnarly growl, the Nethead does not believe in the first person -- that is, because the Mustang is the only thing that comes first in his heart. His living room furniture is comprised of old boxes that held Motorcraft car supplies some years ago. And back when his first word spoken after 'Fox' was apparently 'Mustang,' followed by 'Falcon,' 'Cleveland,' and 'Lido.' The Nethead married the first girl he met at a Ford swap meet, and he once attempted to burn down Yenko Chevrolet which sits just a short trip from his hometown.

You see, Nethead will continue to post these shitty press releases, ignoring that people understand what a mouse does, and ignoring the fact that we all probably have read the same press releases well before he ever posts them here. But they make him feel good, and he believes he's actually pissing off Cougs and any other Camaro troll, so we'll continue to let him do it. But, honestly, it's getting tired as hell, and he probably should stop.

Stay tuned!
:clap:    :cheers:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on March 28, 2010, 10:09:03 PM
SVT666 implicitly benefits too, but his recent efforts at trying to separate himself from Uber Mega Mustang Jihadist Status have had a modicum of success lately (albeit coming off a bit forced) ultimately staving the necessity of it.
I'm putting some distance between he and I because he's extreme.  I'm far more balanced then either of you...as evidenced by my review of the Camaro.  You are almost as much of a "Camaro jihadist" as he is with the Mustang.  Coincidentally, neither of you have driven either car.

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on March 28, 2010, 10:28:16 PM
I'm putting some distance between he and I because he's extreme.  I'm far more balanced then either of you...as evidenced by my review of the Camaro.  You are almost as much of a "Camaro jihadist" as he is with the Mustang.  Coincidentally, neither of you have driven either car.

Straw Man Cometh (again).

r0tor

Just read the 2011 V6 mustang will be the second Ford to get Ford's new 6 speed DSG tranny.... bravo!  :clap:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Payman

Despite Nethead's nauseating trolling, I find myself falling for the new 'Stang. And I'm a lifelong Chevy and Mopar guy.

Schadenfreude

Quote from: r0tor on March 29, 2010, 05:48:17 AM
Just read the 2011 V6 mustang will be the second Ford to get Ford's new 6 speed DSG tranny.... bravo!  :clap:

Is that Ford's first attempt at a DSG? 

r0tor

Quote from: Schadenfreude on March 29, 2010, 09:35:45 AM
Is that Ford's first attempt at a DSG? 

They are using a system they developed with Getrag.... which means its probably the same as the BMW and Ferrari versions (I believe Borg Werner still does the VW version)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

SVT_Power

395 whp? Ford really brought their game this time around
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT666

SVT666

"Equipped with the available 3.73 rear axle ($395), our 5.0 needed just 4.3 seconds to hit 60 and only 12.8 at 110.8 mph to knockout the quarter mile. To answer the million-dollar question: Yes, it's quicker than both the 426-horsepower Chevy Camaro SS (4.5, 12.9 at 110.7) and the 425-horse Dodge Challenger SRT-8 (4.6, 13.1 at 108.4). It's also not that far behind the 540-horse supercharged 2010 Shelby GT500, which requires 4.1 and 12.4 at 116.0. In the league of naturally aspirated muscle cars, the new Mustang GT is in a league of its own.'

Holy shit!  Take that Chevy!  Ford needs a heavy revamping of the GT500 now.  The price difference is wholly unjustifiable.

SVT666

It's official.  I'll wait for a used 2011 for my next Mustang.

Cobra93

Quote from: SVT666 on March 29, 2010, 12:41:44 PM
It's official.  I'll wait for a used 2011 for my next Mustang.
You sure you wouldn't like a slightly used 2005? :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: Cobra93 on March 29, 2010, 12:43:11 PM
You sure you wouldn't like a slightly used 2005? :lol:
Yours?  Yes I would.  Blow By Racing makes awesome Stage 2 heads and cams for it that when coupled with a tune and a WMS Velocity Intake boost horsepower to well over 400 hp.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Vinsanity

the 5.0 Mustang is really looking to be the bee's knees. too bad it doesn't look as cool as the Camaro.

oh, well...I won't complain about it being the only choice for a 400+ hp convertible priced below the Corvette

Cobra93

Quote from: gotta-qik-z28 on March 29, 2010, 07:46:14 PM
Nice. Still wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft. pole, But NICE! 
If you were in a Camaro SS, it would be too far ahead for you to touch it with a 10 foot pole.  :lol:

Okay. that's enough Netheadism.   :mask:

SVT666

Ever since this road test was posted, this thread has been suspiciously devoid of Cougs.

Vinsanity

this is what sold me: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/2011-ford-mustang-gt-first-drive/

QuoteAs far as the never ending live rear end vs. independent suspension argument goes, we're saying the following: The 2011 Ford Mustang GT sports the very best solid rear axle in the world. We'd rather have the best solid axle than a mediocre multi-point rear. Hint, hint, Chevy. 'Nuff said.

QuoteSpeed, handling, soundtrack, brakes, interior (the GT is actually creeping into Audi levels of interior sophistication ? look at those seats!), fit and finish ? you name it, the Mustang's the superior sports car.

SVT666

Speaking of Audi, the 5.0 makes the 354-hp S5 look like an overpriced slowpoke. We've driven both cars in anger and the 2011 Mustang GT is not only faster, but is actually rear-wheel drive, not a FWD platform fitted with Quattro all-wheel drive. Want us to go even further? We'd prefer the Mustang GT to a BMW 650i. Sure, the BMW has dash leather and... iDrive. But (again), the GT makes more power (the 650i manages 360 hp), handles better and is quieter unless you're really belting the throttle. Also, Sync's a whole lot better than iDrive, even the much improved new iDrive. Not only that, but the GT's new 5.0-liter V8 engine is in another league than (previous) competitors like the Nissan 370Z and Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8. Getting the point? In 2011, the Mustang GT is the car to beat. Welcome back, 5.0.

omicron

Quote from: Raza  on March 26, 2010, 10:12:23 AM

Looks pretty good!

It does indeed.

Quote from: SVT666 on March 26, 2010, 11:01:07 AM
I know.  The only wheels on the Stang that I really like are the Track Pack and Bullitt wheels.

And goodness me - the old rear end looks so much nicer than the new one! Still, I wouldn't really see that from the driver's seat.

I can't wait to see this engine go into the Falcon.

the Teuton

I think Autoblog was gushing a bit much, but I acknowledge their general point.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

giant_mtb

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

giant_mtb

Quote from: the Teuton on March 29, 2010, 10:38:28 PM
Neither. E46 M3.

I'm sure it's a great car, but given the opportunity to get a brand new vehicle...I'm gonna take a brand new vehicle.

SVT666

Looks like HotRodPilot has got himself one helluva car.  Am jealous.  :rockon:

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Cobra93 on March 29, 2010, 08:13:24 PM
If you were in a Camaro SS, it would be too far ahead for you to touch it with a 10 foot pole.  :lol:

Okay. that's enough Netheadism.   :mask:
:pee:  Cobra93   

:lol: Good one!

r0tor

Quote from: SVT666 on March 29, 2010, 09:26:56 PM
Speaking of Audi, the 5.0 makes the 354-hp S5 look like an overpriced slowpoke. We've driven both cars in anger and the 2011 Mustang GT is not only faster, but is actually rear-wheel drive, not a FWD platform fitted with Quattro all-wheel drive. Want us to go even further? We'd prefer the Mustang GT to a BMW 650i. Sure, the BMW has dash leather and... iDrive. But (again), the GT makes more power (the 650i manages 360 hp), handles better and is quieter unless you're really belting the throttle. Also, Sync's a whole lot better than iDrive, even the much improved new iDrive. Not only that, but the GT's new 5.0-liter V8 engine is in another league than (previous) competitors like the Nissan 370Z and Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8. Getting the point? In 2011, the Mustang GT is the car to beat. Welcome back, 5.0.

I'd rather have an S5... they are smoking crack

Catman

QuoteFord?s non-Federal-bailed-out gunsights

LOL.

Man this car is awesome, I want one with aftermarket wheels/tires.