"To Serve and Protect" Where's the service?!

Started by giant_mtb, January 05, 2010, 04:57:50 PM

S204STi

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 05, 2010, 06:34:34 PM
And the towing company isn't going to have a liability complex? :huh:

The towing company is insured to cover the damages incurred while performing a recovery.  Additionally, tow drivers are theoretically experts at their trade, while LEOs are experts at law enforcement.  I wouldn't want a tow truck driver issuing tickets, and I also wouldn't want a LEO trying to recover my car.

Just IMO.

dazzleman

Quote from: R-inge on January 09, 2010, 01:44:52 PM
The towing company is insured to cover the damages incurred while performing a recovery.  Additionally, tow drivers are theoretically experts at their trade, while LEOs are experts at law enforcement.  I wouldn't want a tow truck driver issuing tickets, and I also wouldn't want a LEO trying to recover my car.

Just IMO.

Good point.  Police officers can't be errand boys.  They're professionals trained to deal with serious situations, not a way to avoid having to pay AAA.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 05, 2010, 07:34:32 PM
I just hate the fact that you can no longer do simple things like pull people out of ditches because of stupid bull shit.

+11110000110100110101010111

(Studying IP and binary in class this last week...)
Will

AutobahnSHO

BTW
I'm kind of scared for America. As those with enough decency to take responsibility for our actions keep getting sued by the loafers (including government and government agencies,) the loafers will only grow in number and the decents shrink.

Sigh.
Will

dazzleman

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 09, 2010, 03:25:38 PM
BTW
I'm kind of scared for America. As those with enough decency to take responsibility for our actions keep getting sued by the loafers (including government and government agencies,) the loafers will only grow in number and the decents shrink.

Sigh.

You're so right.  We need to turn it around.  Ordinary people have to become angry enough, in large enough numbers, to force a change.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

280Z Turbo

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on January 09, 2010, 03:25:38 PM
BTW

Sigh.

Are you gonna start crying like Glenn Beck? :lol:

bing_oh

LEO's are viewed in a very unique light by the public in general. If asked, people consider solely us enforcers of the law, but we're the first people who are called when an unusual problem arises that they can't solve themselves. There aren't many jobs that I havn't been called upon to do in my 10 years on the job, from animal control to marriage counciler to astronomer (yes, I have been dispatched to people who wanted to know what "that thing in the sky" was :rolleyes:). For that reason alone, people today expect LEO's to do jobs that we aren't trained or equipped to do, and believe that's part of the job description...even though they'd never consider describing it that was if you asked them "what do the police do?"

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 09, 2010, 06:50:39 PM
Are you gonna start crying like Glenn Beck? :lol:

No. I don't cry.

And ALL of them "news" people who are allowed to spout opinion for hours on end should be SHOT.
Will

rohan

http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle