Buick Regal GS!

Started by 2o6, January 07, 2010, 02:44:52 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=20966.msg1240428#msg1240428 date=1263164194
Hmm....that sounds pretty good.

But how about Buick Ironfist Cuntpunch?

Sounds more like a Pontaic
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

93JC

Buick Cuntflaps Dicksmack.

Eye of the Tiger

sportyaccordy

Car looks good. Hopefully the pricing is right. Noooot really sure if going after the TSX/S40 market is a wise move though. They should have loaded it with the V6 and put it up against the 3-series etc.

2o6

Quote from: Vinsanity on January 10, 2010, 03:55:41 PM
I guess that makes sense after introducing a bunch of new names like Lacrosse and Enclave. But familiar doesn't necessarily mean positive. Chevy apparently thought it would be better to introduce new names like Cruze and Cobalt instead of resurrecting an old name like Nova.

It's sold as the Regal in china. It's probably dirt cheap to simply bring the same car over here, no changes.

2o6

Quote from: sportyaccordy on January 10, 2010, 05:16:46 PM
Car looks good. Hopefully the pricing is right. Noooot really sure if going after the TSX/S40 market is a wise move though. They should have loaded it with the V6 and put it up against the 3-series etc.

I dunno, the Insignia is a mainstreamer in Europe. You can't really hide that when you rebadge it.

TurboDan

Quote from: 2o6 on January 10, 2010, 03:49:25 PM

Regal is a familiar name.

The familiarity that goes long with the name "Buick Regal" is actually a serious reason why I would hesitate to buy this car.

TurboDan

Quote from: 2o6 on January 10, 2010, 05:18:33 PM

I dunno, the Insignia is a mainstreamer in Europe. You can't really hide that when you rebadge it.

The TSX is just a Honda Accord in Europe.  ;)

Laconian

Quote from: TurboDan on January 11, 2010, 08:24:50 AM
The familiarity that goes long with the name "Buick Regal" is actually a serious reason why I would hesitate to buy this car.
The Regals in the 80s were terrible. The one we inherited from my grandfather was execrable. The Regal name is just baggage to me.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on January 13, 2010, 09:47:26 PM
The Regals in the 80s were terrible. The one we inherited from my grandfather was execrable. The Regal name is just baggage to me.

But, But, But, Turbo!

Atomic

looks great, even in "rental car" white!  does the ford SHO come with a stick? i doubt the two vehicles will go head-to-head, but who knows??? the "gm vs. ford" battle may be back on, but this time, buick, not chevy representing general motors.

the Teuton

Quote from: Atomic on January 14, 2010, 09:51:02 AM
look great, even in "rental car" white!  does the ford SHO can with a stick? i doubt the two vehicles will go head-to-head, but who knows??? the "gm vs. ford" battle may be back on, but this time, buick, not chevy representing general motors.

I think Ford will be phasing out Mercury soon, or at least making it into a niche eco- and woman-friendly brand. I think Ford is trying to do what so far both Hyundai and VW have failed at: make every car, from top to bottom, carry a perceived sophistication with it so that they can sell a $14,000 Fiesta in the same showroom with a $40,000 Taurus.

Ford's brand is trying to make their cars cover both Chevy and Buick. I can see a hot Mondeo XR5/Titanium X Sport/SVT Fusion competing with this thing in a few years.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

S204STi

Quote from: Laconian on January 13, 2010, 09:47:26 PM

Sucked pretty bad throughout the 90s too.  I hates them, hates them Baggins!

Raza

My friend apparently knows someone who has driven it. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Quote from: R-inge on January 17, 2010, 09:16:31 PM
Sucked pretty bad throughout the 90s too.  I hates them, hates them Baggins!

But we musts haves! Our precious.

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Hachee

I liked this car as the Insignia, and I like it as a Buick.  I think they should have gone with a new name - I don't care how familiar "Regal" is.  There's a lot of baggage.  The wagon looks even better, especially in black.  They need to add a fierce performance version at a much better value/price than the Taurus SHO, just as a halo model. 

Every time I see an Enclave, I think, "Could I actually see myself in that when my X5 lease is up??" 

Atomic

hate the name regal. it may have worked in the distant past, but not today! well at least they are avoiding confusing numbers and letters, unlike lincoln and cadillac.

btw, the white car shown here does not have a sunroof. the one in detroit (auto show) did, i think. could there be more than one concepts?

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Hachee on January 18, 2010, 07:10:18 AM
I liked this car as the Insignia, and I like it as a Buick.  I think they should have gone with a new name - I don't care how familiar "Regal" is.  There's a lot of baggage.  The wagon looks even better, especially in black.  They need to add a fierce performance version at a much better value/price than the Taurus SHO, just as a halo model. 

Every time I see an Enclave, I think, "Could I actually see myself in that when my X5 lease is up??" 
They could have just called it the Insignia....

Vinsanity

Buick Insignia sounds good, but it looks like consumers might have been overwhelmed by the wave of new names Buicks have had over the past few years.

They probably should have just called the Lacrosse the new Lucerne (since the current Lucerne is a lame duck anyways), and called the Insignia the Lacrosse.

Laconian

"Lucerne" and "Lacrosse" never stuck. A new name wouldn't put them a worse position than they are now.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Payman

Onslaught

Those rims look just like mine.

TurboDan

Quote from: Payman on January 20, 2010, 09:21:14 PM
Invicta!  :rockon:

Timothy McVeigh cited the poem "Invictus" as his last words before being executed. For the four people in America who know that, it would be bad PR.  :devil:

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

r0tor

Quote from: Onslaught on January 21, 2010, 10:45:44 PM
Those rims look just like mine.

I think this buick is secretly rotary powered
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Jon?

Quote from: TurboDan on January 21, 2010, 11:05:47 PM
Timothy McVeigh cited the poem "Invictus" as his last words before being executed. For the four people in America who know that, it would be bad PR.  :devil:

The Buick Mein Kampf...Ultra

We have a Regal GS in the family and it's a nice car; deceptively quick, a genuine sleeper.  I have no problem with the name and it would definitely put Buick in the picture when looking to get something new/different.

:clap: Buick

Current Rides: 2011 VW Golf TDi, 2008 Pontiac Vibe

ChrisV

Both of these Regals have healthy followings:

The latter actually being a good mid size cruiser.

I don't see a problem with calling the new one Regal.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Jon?

Quote from: ChrisV on February 15, 2010, 10:10:57 AM
Both of these Regals have healthy followings:

The latter actually being a good mid size cruiser.

I don't see a problem with calling the new one Regal.

That's the one we have.  It's a nice car.  Comfortable on the highway and hauls ass when you want it to.  And no fins, vents or spoilers - bonus.

Current Rides: 2011 VW Golf TDi, 2008 Pontiac Vibe

S204STi

The supercharged Regal is a nice car for sure.  Well, so was the turbo, but overall the newer one is a better car IMO.