Australian's Lamborghini impounded after his mechanic caught speeding.

Started by saxonyron, January 08, 2010, 09:26:14 PM

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Tave

Quote from: NACar on January 19, 2010, 04:05:53 PM
What the fuck are all the tourists supposed to do?

I guess we can start by suing the shit out of the Florida gub'ment.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Tave on January 19, 2010, 04:07:59 PM
I guess we can start by suing the shit out of the Florida gub'ment.

Fuck Florida. There are 48 other states to visit.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

J86

Quote from: Tave on January 19, 2010, 04:03:27 PM
Florida Turnpike is owned and operated by Florida DOT.

Welp, bring tha suit!  I'd support ya...

(I keep waiting for someone to sue my state.  They just eliminated the tokens to go over the bridge to my island, and made it so that if you have an EZ Pass you bought in RI you pay .83 a crossing... if you are from out of state you pay $4.  Now if that isn't a violation of the Commerce Clause...)

TurboDan

Quote from: Tave on January 19, 2010, 04:03:27 PM
Florida Turnpike is owned and operated by Florida DOT.

I believe you can go through without SunPass but have the bill sent to the address on record for your tag. Evidently it doesn't recognize NJ tags.  :huh:

TurboDan

Quote from: J86 on January 19, 2010, 04:18:49 PM
Welp, bring tha suit!  I'd support ya...

(I keep waiting for someone to sue my state.  They just eliminated the tokens to go over the bridge to my island, and made it so that if you have an EZ Pass you bought in RI you pay .83 a crossing... if you are from out of state you pay $4.  Now if that isn't a violation of the Commerce Clause...)

I love the county/town-operated bridges in NJ. They're almost always to barrier islands and the only way on or off. They purposely don't accept EZPass so they don't have to pay for it. You must give cash or coins, though they're usually $1 or $1.50. I've always wanted to go there one day with a stack of pennies and count every last penny out while they waited.

I live on a barrier island too, but our causeway bridge has no toll, THANK GOD! It can take an hour to get across the bridge on a Saturday in the summer as is, so I couldn't imagine what it would be like if they had a toll. And this is no tiny little bridge... 2 highway-style lanes in each direction and a 50 mph speed limit. As awesome as it is living here, it sucks that we're literally prisoners on our own island during weekends in the summer. It's the only bridge on/off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorland_J._Henderson_Memorial_Bridge

JWC

North Carolina has been considering making Interstate 95 a toll road from Va border to the SC border.   It just seems like a stupid idea, but NC says they are responsible for road maintenance and making it a toll road would pay for needed repairs.

hotrodalex

Quote from: rohan on January 18, 2010, 09:05:37 AM
How wrong you are!  A real car thief- not the crack head looking for a $50 score- will use what we call a "universal key" which is basically a round tube that about 2 1/2" inches deep with a metal bar that goes across the inside but not all the way to the "top" of the tube.  They're apparently really easy to make.  The thing usually has a 4x lug wrench welded to it.  They place the thing over your key ignition and line up the bar inside the thing to lay against the finger holds on the ignition  and start turning until your ignition breaks off taking the chip thingy with it.  Then they just reach in with a screw driver and start the car.  Takes about 15 seconds and your car is gone.  You wanna secure your car so it probably can't be stolen?  use a remote manual fuel shutoff switch on one of those super tiny hideaway switches.   There used to be (don't know if it's still there) a company in Detroit that put those in they were really hard to find unless you knew they were there we used to get complaints of Attempted Theft but I dont' think anyone ever actually stole one successfully.

I prefer battery cut off switches, but then again those wouldn't be good in a new car with an alarm.

MX793

Quote from: rohan on January 18, 2010, 09:05:37 AM
How wrong you are!  A real car thief- not the crack head looking for a $50 score- will use what we call a "universal key" which is basically a round tube that about 2 1/2" inches deep with a metal bar that goes across the inside but not all the way to the "top" of the tube.  They're apparently really easy to make.  The thing usually has a 4x lug wrench welded to it.  They place the thing over your key ignition and line up the bar inside the thing to lay against the finger holds on the ignition  and start turning until your ignition breaks off taking the chip thingy with it.  Then they just reach in with a screw driver and start the car.  Takes about 15 seconds and your car is gone.  You wanna secure your car so it probably can't be stolen?  use a remote manual fuel shutoff switch on one of those super tiny hideaway switches.   There used to be (don't know if it's still there) a company in Detroit that put those in they were really hard to find unless you knew they were there we used to get complaints of Attempted Theft but I dont' think anyone ever actually stole one successfully.

And what if your ignition switch doesn't have "finger holds"?  From what I've seen, it's mostly American cars that have them (none of the Japanese cars I've ever driven had them).
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5