Hemi's new SUV

Started by SVT666, January 11, 2010, 10:50:42 AM

SVT666

Well, I just bought an SUV in Denver.  Kind of.  It's subject to a test drive...and my wife's approval (because she doesn't know yet).

Here is the Craigslist ad.

J86

Hope it checks out, and if so, congrats!

the Teuton

That's a lovely SUV. What's it replacing, and why did you go with the options that you did?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Look at the pussy trailer hitch. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

Quote from: NACar on January 11, 2010, 11:54:39 AM
I just noticed that.  I'll have to get them to switch it out for a real one.

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on January 11, 2010, 11:50:34 AM
That's a lovely SUV. What's it replacing, and why did you go with the options that you did?
It's replacing the Freestyle.  The lease is up in 2 weeks and we have to give it back within a month of that date.  As for options, I'm not sure what you're asking.  It's used, so I take the options it has.  We wanted leather and a sunroof, but in that price range it was nearly impossible to find without going high mileage.  I wonder if a certain mechanic that lives in the area would go look at it for me.

Eye of the Tiger

Why don't you stay in Canadia and stop buying all of our Fords?

SVT_Power

Quote from: NACar on January 11, 2010, 11:54:39 AM

Pretty sure that's the same one that's on our 03 explorer. But then again we've never towed anything with ours so  :huh:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

nickdrinkwater

Looks like a nice truck, congrats man.

Did you consider buying the Freestyle?  I remember you saying how happy you were with it.  Always good to have a new car, though!

FoMoJo

Looks real good.  The 4.0 is a nice engine.  I had one in my '93 Aerostar. 
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT666

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 11, 2010, 12:42:24 PM
Looks like a nice truck, congrats man.

Did you consider buying the Freestyle?  I remember you saying how happy you were with it.  Always good to have a new car, though!
We considered it, but we have a couple problems with it for our needs.  The first is the lack of leather.  Cloth seats suck with kids and their spills.  The next is the lack of off-road ability.  I've taken the Freestyle places it was never meant to go, but it has limits that I would like to exceed.  The last is it only tows 3500 lbs and I want to buy a ski boat in the next couple years.

S204STi

Sweet!  I like that generation of Explorer quite a bit. 

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 11, 2010, 12:47:06 PM
Looks real good.  The 4.0 is a nice engine.  I had one in my '93 Aerostar. 

You should have dropped a 5.0 in that thing.

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on January 11, 2010, 12:48:53 PM
Sweet!  I like that generation of Explorer quite a bit. 
How far away from Freeway Ford are you?

S204STi

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on January 11, 2010, 01:10:17 PM
About 80mins.
Well, that's further then it looks on a map. :lol: I was going to ask if you could stop by there and take a look at the truck for me, but I'm not going to do that now.  That's too far to ask someone to drive.

the Teuton

I wouldda bought a Borrego. :lol:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 11, 2010, 01:29:47 PM
Well, that's further then it looks on a map. :lol: I was going to ask if you could stop by there and take a look at the truck for me, but I'm not going to do that now.  That's too far to ask someone to drive.

Yeah, sorry.  If it were 30mins away I'd do it in a heartbeat, but this is a bit more of a commitment.

FoMoJo

Quote from: R-inge on January 11, 2010, 02:01:07 PM
Yeah, sorry.  If it were 30mins away I'd do it in a heartbeat, but this is a bit more of a commitment.
Just drive faster :huh:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT_Power

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 11, 2010, 02:03:14 PM
Just drive faster :huh:.

Hmm I say that to people all the time  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: R-inge on January 11, 2010, 02:01:07 PM
Ride the motorcycle!  :mask:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

3.0L V6

I'm surprised you can't find something like that for $20-22k in BC. But otherwise, nice truck!

SVT666

Quote from: 3.0L V6 on January 11, 2010, 05:19:18 PM
I'm surprised you can't find something like that for $20-22k in BC. But otherwise, nice truck!
$28K here.  We don't have the salt damage you get in Ontario.

the Teuton

CJ

Quote from: the Teuton on January 11, 2010, 05:44:14 PM
Hyundai/Kia World Takeover 2015.

Have you seen the updated Santa Fe?  The interior looks better than the outgoing model, as does the exterior.

SVT_Power

the Teuton

Quote from: CJ on January 11, 2010, 05:45:21 PM

Have you seen the updated Santa Fe?  The interior looks better than the outgoing model, as does the exterior.

The interior looks much the same, that is to say that I like what I see.

the Teuton

Quote from: SVT_Power on January 11, 2010, 05:49:40 PM
World's ending in 2012.

That's after Y2K wipes out all of our computers, right?

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on January 11, 2010, 05:50:54 PM
That's after Y2K wipes out all of our computers, right?

Not sure. Call Nostradamus or the Mayans and ask.