2006 BMW 3er - 89 photos! (courtesy AutoSpies)

Started by CaMIRO, May 06, 2005, 12:42:50 AM

SJ_GTI

QuoteHoly crap! I love the new 3-series!

Oh, and that is one amazing camera, those are some REALLY quality photos.
I think most of these are manufactuer provided photos.

And, like you, I would take the 330i over the 525i or 530i. Mainly due to size though...I just like smaller cars.  :praise:

Fire It Up

I didnt know BMW took pics of their cars in NJ...

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

SJ_GTI

QuoteI didnt know BMW took pics of their cars in NJ...
BMW's NA headquarters is in NJ. If you live in that part of NJ its no uncommon to see new models before they are released.

850CSi

Very likely to be my next car... I CANT WAIT!!!

BTW, it looks awesome, especially in darker colors.

BMWDave

BMW's NA headquarters is in NJ. If you live in that part of NJ its no uncommon to see new models before they are released.
I believe its its in Woodcliffe Lake.  

Those pictures are the best yet I have seen of the 3 series.  I saw it at the NYIAS and it also looked amazing!

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

MX793

Definately my favorite Bangled Bimmer.  I don't love the tail lights, but they're tolerable, I guess.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Fire It Up

Never knew that...

Colonel Cadillac

Faris-
Would you get the 325i or the 330i?

When I go to college and get like $30,000 for a car, I want to get a slightly used 325i fully loaded, or a more used 330i without quite as much equiptment.  

850CSi

QuoteFaris-

When I go to college and get like $30,000 for a car, I want to get a slightly used 325i fully loaded, or a more used 330i without quite as much equiptment.
I guess it really depends on when I get it. If it's not going to be until next year around this time, then I might try to get my dad to get a used 330i.

Otherwise, a 325i, because the 330 is so damn expensive. And the 325 is fast enough as it is (Pretty damn fast, actually... 6.7! And that's a manufacturer's estimate... So I'd guess maybe mid-6s), and I'd wager a guess that a lighter engine is more fun in the 3-Series (The 325i is nearly 150lbs lighter).

My dad promised me a brand-new 3-Series if I got a 34 on my ACT. I know I'll be able to bargain with him, especially since it's still technically HIS car and we trade a lot (I'll still be back and forth between the E90 and the X3). I took the SAT this past Saturday... And I tore it up. I'm willing to bet I got over a 2000, more likely in the 2100 range, and that's around a 32 or 33: Enough to get me to Northwestern, even with my 3.4 HS GPA thus far (Although I'm getting over a 4.0 this quarter).

We'll see. I really want an E90... I could live with my A4 for as long as it runs, though... It never gets boring.

I just wish the 3-Series looked as good in red as my A4 does...

850CSi

Well... It looks very nice in red... I'll give it second place for appearance as far as red on sedans... Nothing will ever beat the A4, though.

850CSi

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the E90's interior seems to look a LOT more HQ than the 5er's... Especially in Grey, where the 530i literally looked as bad as a Daewoo.

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteFaris-

I guess it really depends on when I get it. If it's not going to be until next year around this time, then I might try to get my dad to get a used 330i.

Otherwise, a 325i, because the 330 is so damn expensive. And the 325 is fast enough as it is (Pretty damn fast, actually... 6.7! And that's a manufacturer's estimate... So I'd guess maybe mid-6s), and I'd wager a guess that a lighter engine is more fun in the 3-Series (The 325i is nearly 150lbs lighter).

My dad promised me a brand-new 3-Series if I got a 34 on my ACT. I know I'll be able to bargain with him, especially since it's still technically HIS car and we trade a lot (I'll still be back and forth between the E90 and the X3). I took the SAT this past Saturday... And I tore it up. I'm willing to bet I got over a 2000, more likely in the 2100 range, and that's around a 32 or 33: Enough to get me to Northwestern, even with my 3.4 HS GPA thus far (Although I'm getting over a 4.0 this quarter).

We'll see. I really want an E90... I could live with my A4 for as long as it runs, though... It never gets boring.

It not only sounds like you are set for a cool car, but it sounds like you are pretty set for life!  

850CSi

Did anyone else notice the return of the Instantaneous Consumption indicator under the Tach?

I feared it was gone forever.

The E90 really seems to be more of a REAL traditional BMW than anything else in the model range.

850CSi

QuoteFaris-

It not only sounds like you are set for a cool car, but it sounds like you are pretty set for life!
I hope so. I'm planning to be a Lawyer, since I can argue better than a politician, and my writing skills are supposedly excellent (My essays are the reason I'm getting As in Honors English).

The good thing about that is that Law School admissions are based on a standardized test: The LSAT. And I looooove standardized tests...

Eventually, I want to be a Congressman.

So, don't be surprised if I show up on TV 10-15 years from now as either a Libertarian or Republican from Illinois (Hopefully the former... I want to help the rise of the 3rd party!).

850CSi

Okay, I got something to say:

The E90 looks TERRIBLE in lighter colors. The pictures of it in Silver are just miserable, mainly because the front looks so bad in lighter colors. On the other hand, darker colors are phenominal on this thing, and I reaaaaallly like the red.

850CSi

Can someone PLEASE tell me what color ^that^ is?

I've been looking at ALL the colors, and I can't quite figure it out. The closest thing to it is the Monaco Blue, and maybe the Sparkling Graphite, but it seems to be neither. It looks most like the Blue Water on my dad's X3, but that 's not under the color options on BMWusa.com...

That's the only color I like more than the Red.

Yes, I'll take a 325i, please, in that awesome Blue, with the Beige interior, wood trim, no iDrive. Oh, and 3 pedals with 6 gears.

BMWDave

When I go to college I will probably get my own used car.  I'm going to look at a used 330i or Porsche Boxster S.  I'm hoping for a nice car in the 36K range.  When I'm in college (2007) I hope I can find a nice 05 Boxster S or 06 Boxster for that money.

2007 Honda S2000

850CSi

QuoteWhen I go to college I will probably get my own used car.  I'm going to look at a used 330i or Porsche Boxster S.  I'm hoping for a nice car in the 36K range.  When I'm in college (2007) I hope I can find a nice 05 Boxster S or 06 Boxster for that money.
So you're spoiled, like me...

Nice. I love the Boxster, but I just can't live with a 2-Seater.

BMWDave

QuoteWhen I go to college I will probably get my own used car.? I'm going to look at a used 330i or Porsche Boxster S.? I'm hoping for a nice car in the 36K range.? When I'm in college (2007) I hope I can find a nice 05 Boxster S or 06 Boxster for that money.

No actually, this is totally my own money compiled from various jobs.  

2007 Honda S2000

850CSi

QuoteWhen I go to college I will probably get my own used car.  I'm going to look at a used 330i or Porsche Boxster S.  I'm hoping for a nice car in the 36K range.  When I'm in college (2007) I hope I can find a nice 05 Boxster S or 06 Boxster for that money.

Wow, if you're going to be able to afford something like that, that means you're doing really good...

BMWDave

QuoteWhen I go to college I will probably get my own used car.? I'm going to look at a used 330i or Porsche Boxster S.? I'm hoping for a nice car in the 36K range.? When I'm in college (2007) I hope I can find a nice 05 Boxster S or 06 Boxster for that money.

Wow, if you're going to be able to afford something like that, that means you're doing really good...
Well, in 2007 I think I will be able to afford that, and that means me working straight till then.  Its definitely worth it for the car though!

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

QuoteWhen I go to college I will probably get my own used car.  I'm going to look at a used 330i or Porsche Boxster S.  I'm hoping for a nice car in the 36K range.  When I'm in college (2007) I hope I can find a nice 05 Boxster S or 06 Boxster for that money.
Damn.  :o  

850CSi

Well, in 2007 I think I will be able to afford that, and that means me working straight till then.  Its definitely worth it for the car though!
I gotta admire that work ethic.

I wanted to work, and chip in on my car or get a nicer, but my parents convinced me not to, so I decided to concentrate on my grades and getting into a good college instead.

BMWDave

I gotta admire that work ethic.

I wanted to work, and chip in on my car or get a nicer, but my parents convinced me not to, so I decided to concentrate on my grades and getting into a good college instead.
Thank you!  I have good grades already, so my parents dont care if I work.  I mean, in my school, 11th and 12th are easy grades and 9th and 10th and hard.  So I'm finished with those so I can relax.

2007 Honda S2000

Colonel Cadillac

Oh, law school. My father is a banking and financing lawyer and my mom was a lawyer for a few years before she quit. My mom has no clue why she decided to go to law school because she hated being a lawyer and hated law school, but my dad did not mind law school much, and loves his job even though he isn't really a lawyer (he's more like a businessman).  

Colonel Cadillac

I plan on going to business school a few years after I graduate from college (for experience before going to business school). Business has fascinated me and I feel that it is one of the few things that I can pick up with more ease, and I have good people skills which will help quite a bit. I have a long term goal/dream of starting my own luxury resort in the Bahamas, but I doubt I will be able to get the financing for such an expensive project--I'm not THAT good at manipulating people!  

BMWDave

QuoteI plan on going to business school a few years after I graduate from college (for experience before going to business school). Business has fascinated me and I feel that it is one of the few things that I can pick up with more ease, and I have good people skills which will help quite a bit. I have a long term goal/dream of starting my own luxury resort in the Bahamas, but I doubt I will be able to get the financing for such an expensive project--I'm not THAT good at manipulating people!
best of luck!! :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

crv16

What is the purpose of those small square "plugs" on the bumper cover - one on the front and one on the back?
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

Catman

QuoteWhat is the purpose of those small square "plugs" on the bumper cover - one on the front and one on the back?
The ones under the headlights are washers, the other ones probably access a maintenance item.

BTW, welcome aboard! B)