Volkswagen Passat R36 Stretch

Started by CWW, August 23, 2005, 05:57:29 PM

Raghavan

QuoteI wasn't meaning to compare human power to the power of a car, I was simply trying to display my opinion on how surface area affects speed and acceleration...so being the biker that I am, bikes is what came to my mind first.  :)
bikes are always on your mind. :praise:  :lol:  

giant_mtb

QuoteI wasn't meaning to compare human power to the power of a car, I was simply trying to display my opinion on how surface area affects speed and acceleration...so being the biker that I am, bikes is what came to my mind first.  :)
I know...you should see how antsy I get once the snow starts melting so I can get out and ride...I hate it so much - it makes the spring go by realllllllly slow.  :P  :lol:  

Raghavan

QuoteI wasn't meaning to compare human power to the power of a car, I was simply trying to display my opinion on how surface area affects speed and acceleration...so being the biker that I am, bikes is what came to my mind first.  :)
I know...you should see how antsy I get once the snow starts melting so I can get out and ride...I hate it so much - it makes the spring go by realllllllly slow.  :P  :lol:
just get on your POS DS1 and go ride!

TBR

QuoteI wasn't meaning to compare human power to the power of a car, I was simply trying to display my opinion on how surface area affects speed and acceleration...so being the biker that I am, bikes is what came to my mind first.  :)
You were comparing the effect aerodynamics have on human power to the effect aerodynamics have on 200+ horse power.

giant_mtb

You were comparing the effect aerodynamics have on human power to the effect aerodynamics have on 200+ horse power.
Coasting a bike doesn't require human power....  :blink:  

giant_mtb

POS?  <_<  I might have to make a pact to not talk to you anymore.  Besides, even if my bike was a POS, it's the rider, not the bike.  ;)  

TBR

Oops, didn't read very carefully ;). Well, when you are accelerating in a car you have constant power and you have a lot more momentum (more weight=more momentum).

giant_mtb

Oops, didn't read very carefully ;). Well, when you are accelerating in a car you have constant power and you have a lot more momentum (more weight=more momentum).
Very true, but it's proportional.  A bike and rider weighs about 150 pounds and takes up an area of something like 10 cubic feet (+/- 2) whereas a car weighs 2500+ pounds and takes up a much larger area (I'm not even going to estimate the cubic footage) and in my eyes its somewhat proportional.  So in a sense the biker has the "same" amount of momentum as the car.

Raghavan

POS?  <_<  I might have to make a pact to not talk to you anymore.  Besides, even if my bike was a POS, it's the rider, not the bike.  ;)
I'd take my HR in a heartbeat over your DS1. it's an utter POS. :lol:  

giant_mtb

Depends on what riding you wanna do.  <_<  

Raghavan

Mine's is stronger than yours.

giant_mtb

Prove it.

Raghavan

Prove it.
I did, when that guy wrote a review saying that the welds broke on the frame.

giant_mtb

So you're going to base your judgement that your bike is stronger than mine by what one person said?  That's not very respectable, you know.  Any frame in the world can break at the weld, even yours.  :rolleyes:  If somebody lands the wrong way or is an unskilled rider those chances are greatly increased.

giant_mtb

Duration Product Used:     2 Years
Price Paid:    $530
Purchased At:    hilo bike hub
Strengths:    none at all
Weaknesses:    every thing
Similar Products Tried:    alot of others
Bike Setup:    upgraded to avid disk brakes.
Bottom Line:    I went 60 miles an hour and press the brakes and they broke and shattered into pieces.after I jumped off my roof it snaped in two peace of $#!+.

OMG!  That means my bike is stronger than yours!  Not really.  <_<  

Raghavan

QuoteDuration Product Used:     2 Years
Price Paid:    $530
Purchased At:    hilo bike hub
Strengths:    none at all
Weaknesses:    every thing
Similar Products Tried:    alot of others
Bike Setup:    upgraded to avid disk brakes.
Bottom Line:    I went 60 miles an hour and press the brakes and they broke and shattered into pieces.after I jumped off my roof it snaped in two peace of $#!+.

OMG!  That means my bike is stronger than yours!  Not really.  <_<
Well, mine still looks much better than yours. yours looks liek a departments store bike.

giant_mtb

QuoteDuration Product Used:     2 Years
Price Paid:  $530
Purchased At:  hilo bike hub
Strengths:  none at all
Weaknesses:  every thing
Similar Products Tried:  alot of others
Bike Setup:  upgraded to avid disk brakes.
Bottom Line:  I went 60 miles an hour and press the brakes and they broke and shattered into pieces.after I jumped off my roof it snaped in two peace of $#!+.

OMG!  That means my bike is stronger than yours!  Not really.  <_<
Well, mine still looks much better than yours. yours looks liek a departments store bike.
Ok...show me a department store bike that looks like it.  ;)  And saying that yours looks better than mine is a fact of opinion, you know.

The linkages, welds, and geometry placements on my bike are about 100 times more copmlicated than any department store bike.  

giant_mtb

You know...you used to really like my bike.  But ever since you got that Specialized you've become a real snob about bikes...the whole my p3n!$ is bigger than your p3n!$ thing has augmented over to your bike talk...

And either way, whether your bike is better than mine or not, it isn't relevant.  What is relevant is that I will smoke you in any riding style you choose.  So I vote that you stop before you get too ahead of yourself.

Raghavan

QuoteYou know...you used to really like my bike.  But ever since you got that Specialized you've become a real snob about bikes...the whole my p3n!$ is bigger than your p3n!$ thing has augmented over to your bike talk...

And either way, whether your bike is better than mine or not, it isn't relevant.  What is relevant is that I will smoke you in any riding style you choose.  So I vote that you stop before you get too ahead of yourself.
I was hoping a long time ago that you would've seen that i'm joking, but it seems that i've hit a sensitive spot with you. <_<  

giant_mtb

When somebody continues to insult me for more than a few posts in an unecessary, immature, and irrelevant fashion, I am of course going to go off on the person.  Whaddya expect?  It's human nature.

And of course I meant no offense whatsoever, I'm not one to hold a grudge.  

Raghavan

QuoteWhen somebody continues to insult me for more than a few posts in an unecessary, immature, and irrelevant fashion, I am of course going to go off on the person.  Whaddya expect?  It's human nature.

DAmn, you sound like Bob in that post.
I only did that because i thought that you were playing along too. oh well. :shrugs:
And dude, why would i actually be serious? I know that you'd smoke me in anything related to bicycling. I thought you'd know that, and that i was joking ,but i think you have a hard time grasping a joke.

giant_mtb

QuoteWhen somebody continues to insult me for more than a few posts in an unecessary, immature, and irrelevant fashion, I am of course going to go off on the person.  Whaddya expect?  It's human nature.

I only did that because i thought that you were playing along too. oh well. :shrugs:
And dude, why would i actually be serious? I know that you'd smoke me in anything related to bicycling. I thought you'd know that, and that i was joking ,but i think you have a hard time grasping a joke.
Like I said...when the joke continues for quite some time without anybody telling me that their kidding, I'm going to lay down the line.

And, Bob as in Dave or Bob as in bobwill?  :lol:  

Raghavan

QuoteWhen somebody continues to insult me for more than a few posts in an unecessary, immature, and irrelevant fashion, I am of course going to go off on the person.  Whaddya expect?  It's human nature.

Like I said...when the joke continues for quite some time without anybody telling me that their kidding, I'm going to lay down the line.

And, Bob as in Dave or Bob as in bobwill?  :lol:
But usually, people just know that others are joking, and play along for a while. You just seem to take everything personally.
And even if i was serious, so what? You could call my bicycle a garbage dumpster, and iwouldn't care. I don't feel that way about it. Your opinion is different from mine.

giant_mtb

It was hard to tell if you were joking, your wording appeared to be serious and you didn't use any smilies to indicate a sense of sarcasm.

Raghavan

QuoteIt was hard to tell if you were joking, your wording appeared to be serious and you didn't use any smilies to indicate a sense of sarcasm.
I'd take my HR in a heartbeat over your DS1. it's an utter POS. :lol: <---- That my friend, is a smilie.

giant_mtb

QuoteIt was hard to tell if you were joking, your wording appeared to be serious and you didn't use any smilies to indicate a sense of sarcasm.
I'd take my HR in a heartbeat over your DS1. it's an utter POS. :lol: <---- That my friend, is a smilie.
Yes. ^_^  And that's the sarcasmic note I wasn't hearing previously in this conversation...obviously...  ;)  

Raghavan

Yes. ^_^  And that's the sarcasmic note I wasn't hearing previously in this conversation...obviously...  ;)
You just didn't read carefully enough. AFter the word POS, your vision probably filled with rage, and you obviously missed the smilie. :rolleyes:  

giant_mtb

Big difference.  At least in the eyes of a seasoned rider.  ;)  

Raghavan

Big difference.  At least in the eyes of a seasoned rider.  ;)
The floating seat looks very department store-ish to me.