Pontiac G8-fascia Holden added as permanent model

Started by SVT666, January 13, 2010, 01:53:25 PM

SVT666

Pontiac G8-fascia Holden added as permanent model down under
01/13/2010, 3:06 PM
BY ANDREW GANZ

Late last year, Pontiac?s signature twin-snout grille temporarily lived on as a special edition Holden Commodore, and thanks to healthy demand, the former G8 body will join the lineup as a permanent staple in the Australian market.

Initially, the Commodore SS V-Series Special Edition was designed to clear out excess inventory of Pontiac fascias after parent company General Motors pulled the model from its lineup. Now, as if to tantalize American enthusiasts even more, the down under unit of GM says that the body kit will join the lineup as a regular style for a $1000 AU (about $925) premium over the standard SS V-Series.

GM made the announcement at a dealer briefing, according to Carpoint.com.au, where it confirmed that the body style will join the Commodore lineup likely through the end of its current cycle. The body kit comes with both the front and rear fascias known to North Americans as the Pontiac G8, although Holden customers will be able to buy their G8-lookalikes in sedan, wagon or ?ute (car-based pickup) variations.

Carpoint.com.au says that Holden dealers often dressed up Commodore SS V-Series Special Editions with Pontiac G8 badging.

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

omicron

I think it's an excellent idea. It gives SS-V buyers and the world-at-large notice of the extra money spent over an SS, and I've always thought the VE looks very sharp with the darker taillights and lip spoiler. Must be selling well, too.

Raza

I can't believe Pontiac is dead.  It's been around forever.  :cry:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.