My weekend...

Started by CJ, January 17, 2010, 08:32:47 PM

CJ

This is after about an hour.  Pulled most of the engine wiring harness, the radiator, intercooler, but the condenser had to stay. 

Working on getting that heater core out.  I needed to put my glasses back on, so I'm reaching for them.

My dumbass brother is in the middle.  The people on either side of him are my friends.  The one on the right is the owner of the car that this engine is going in.

Ooops.  Forgot that the power steering bracket is what the engine was being held up by.  That and something else.  IT DID NOT HIT THE GROUND.

This is how we got the engine in the truck.  It was hilarious!  The S70 has 3 wheels that don't move.  The back wheels were RWD 240 wheels (wrong offset), so they were rubbing on the calipers.  Rubbing was an understatement, actually.  The drivers side front didn't turn.  We hit the brake rotor with a sledge hammer and bent the rotor.  Whoops.

S204STi

Little guys like you and I sure tuck nicely under the dash.

ifcar

That's nothing. I'm going to change a burned-out headlight bulb tomorrow.

S204STi

Quote from: ifcar on January 17, 2010, 09:13:38 PM

:lol:

Don't forget to top off the blinker fluid while you're there.

Submariner

Quote from: R-inge on January 17, 2010, 09:14:13 PM

Make sure to get the good stuff, too!
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CJ

Quote from: ifcar on January 17, 2010, 09:13:38 PM

That's too extreme for me. 

the Teuton

So lemme get this straight: "I roll" doesn't roll?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

What is the point of all this engine pulling nonsense?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CJ

Going to put it in my friend's V70R.  We don't know what's wrong with it, but it's got a horrid knock.

ifcar

Quote from: R-inge on January 17, 2010, 09:14:13 PM

I heard that in a Focus you need to pull most of the engine wiring harness, the radiator, and intercooler to reach the blinker reservoir. I may have to put that off to another day.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: CJ on January 17, 2010, 09:23:11 PM
Going to put it in my friend's V70R.  We don't know what's wrong with it, but it's got a horrid knock.

Which engine is it?

CJ

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on February 01, 2010, 02:41:37 PM

Which engine is it?

The one in the R is the same block as the T5, but with variable valve timing.  Everything is swappable, but the T5 head can't be used.  The R head is fine, so we're swapping it over.

SVT_Power

I should've taken moar pictures when I was doing mah swap
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna