I will park in a handicap spot but not use the handicap toilet
0 (0%)
I will not park in a handicap spot but will use the handicap toilet
43 (91.5%)
I will not park in a handicap spot or use the handicap toilet
3 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

r0tor

I came to the conclusion today while sitting in the nice big handicap stall that I am, have always been, and will always be #3....
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Lebowski

I frequently use handicapped toilets and when in need of a public toilet for a #2 I will go out of my way to seek them out.

I don't park in handicapped spaces, though mainly for fear of social and legal repercussions.  IMO there are FAR too many handicap spaces at most buildings (such that every handicapped person in town would have to go to the same place at the same time to need them all) and FAR too many lazy/obese or otherwise pathetic people who abuse the system and have handicapped decals who should not have them.  That's not to say I don't think people with real handicaps should get better parking, I'm perfectly fine with that.

r0tor

so far we will all let a handicap person park easy, but give them the shaft in the privacy of the bathroom if they need to take a shit  :lol:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

the Teuton

Handicap restrooms are often cleaner and are used less frequently. I have no problem using them. The only time I park in handicap spots, I'm usually by my car with the blinkers on. I don't think that really counts.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Is there any place where you need to hang a handicapped tag on your ass to use a handicapped toilet? Oh hell. I've done both, and I don't give a shit if you think it's morally wrong. Handicapped facilities exist even where there are no handicapped people, and it is a great example of government waste. I take pride in combating government waste by utilizing these luxurious facilities for myself when it makes sense to do so.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FoMoJo

Quote from: the Teuton on January 19, 2010, 05:51:43 PM
Handicap restrooms are often cleaner and are used less frequently. I have no problem using them. The only time I park in handicap spots, I'm usually by my car with the blinkers on. I don't think that really counts.
I'm trying to understand why you would park in a handicap spot and then stand there with your blinkers on :confused:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

the Teuton

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 19, 2010, 06:17:01 PM
I'm trying to understand why you would park in a handicap spot and then stand there with your blinkers on :confused:.

I'll give you an example. My brother went with me in PlastiCar to go pick up a rather large present for my dad before Christmas. It wouldn't fit in the car, so we had to take it out of the box and put it into the car, piece by piece.

I was in the handicap spot. I don't have the moral badassery to be able to pull off doing such a thing without using the blinkers.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Payman

I like to park
In handicap spaces
While handicapped people
Make handicapped faces...

-Denis Leary I'm an Asshole.

93JC

#3 here, too: I don't park in handicap spaces, but I will drop a deuce on a handicap toilet.

Although really it depends on how you define "handicap toilet". If by "handicap toilet" you mean a dedicated, unisex, handicapped-people-only washroom, probably not. If you mean the handicap stall in a washroom that is otherwise filled with urinals and regular stalls, absolutely, even if one of the regular stalls is open.

Onslaught

Quote from: Payman on January 19, 2010, 06:45:57 PM
I like to park
In handicap spaces
While handicapped people
Make handicapped faces...

-Denis Leary I'm an Asshole.

Great song

What the hell is a handicapped bathroom? I've never even seen one. Perhaps I just never look because I'm not handicapped.

MX793

Definitely won't park in a handicap parking space and generally try not to use the handicap toilet if I don't have to, but if nature calls and my options are to use the handicap toilet or soil myself, I'm using the handicap toilet.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

dazzleman

Quote from: Lebowski on January 19, 2010, 05:38:42 PM
I frequently use handicapped toilets and when in need of a public toilet for a #2 I will go out of my way to seek them out.

I don't park in handicapped spaces, though mainly for fear of social and legal repercussions.  IMO there are FAR too many handicap spaces at most buildings (such that every handicapped person in town would have to go to the same place at the same time to need them all) and FAR too many lazy/obese or otherwise pathetic people who abuse the system and have handicapped decals who should not have them.  That's not to say I don't think people with real handicaps should get better parking, I'm perfectly fine with that.

I am in favor of the concept of handicapped spaces, but there are usually too many, and most of them sit there empty.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

giant_mtb

Quote from: Onslaught on January 19, 2010, 07:12:20 PM
Great song

What the hell is a handicapped bathroom? I've never even seen one. Perhaps I just never look because I'm not handicapped.

The giant stall.

MexicoCityM3

Handicap toilet rules. I'd "rush" things if an actual handicapped person wanted to use it.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

TBR

Quote from: Lebowski on January 19, 2010, 05:38:42 PM

Oh definitely. In fact, I go a step further. I only use regular stalls if I am in a desperate situation, otherwise I'll find a bathroom with an open handicap stall. If I heard a wheel chair or what not I'd wrap things up asap, but I have never been in that situation. Of course I also generally go at "off-times" (not between classes).

Tave

In my almost-26 years on this planet, I have never, ever, EVER crossed paths with a wheel chair in a bathroom. Therefore I have no qualms about using the handicapped stall, and do so at every available opportunity. :mrcool:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

93JC

Quote from: Tave on January 19, 2010, 08:04:04 PM
In my almost-26 years on this planet, I have never, ever, EVER crossed paths with a wheel chair in a bathroom.

I've never thought about it but now that you mention it, me neither.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 93JC on January 19, 2010, 08:18:22 PM
I've never thought about it but now that you mention it, me neither.

+1

Maybe wheel chairs don't use bathrooms.  :mask:

Rupert

Quote from: Tave on January 19, 2010, 08:04:04 PM
In my almost-26 years on this planet, I have never, ever, EVER crossed paths with a wheel chair in a bathroom. Therefore I have no qualms about using the handicapped stall, and do so at every available opportunity. :mrcool:

I have, more than once.

The poll needs another option, of at least some clarification. I'll use the handicap stall if the other stalls are taken or disgusting (it's got to be pretty damn bad; I do poop in the woods when I need to), but not otherwise. It's not like you really need that much room to take a dump.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Minpin

" Colonel, your moral compass is so fucked up, I'll be shocked if you manage to find your way back to the parking lot. "
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

you don't get tickets for using handicapped toliets

SVT666

Won't park in one, but I will shit in one.

Onslaught

Quote from: MX793 on January 19, 2010, 07:40:05 PM
With hand rails.
Oh, those things. Don't see many of them around town. But then again I go to bars and strip clubs so the bathrooms aren't very nice.

Colonel Cadillac

Looks like we're pretty homogenous.

1) 0  
2) 0  
3) 24  
4) 0

:lol:

280Z Turbo

The handicap stall is like a luxury suite for pooping.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on January 19, 2010, 10:34:58 PM
Looks like we're pretty homogenous.

1) 0 
2) 0 
3) 24 
4) 0

:lol:

Screw you, man. I voted #1.

the Teuton

There are handicaps at some places with full doors, sinks, and everything. They're like Maybachs in a Hyundai world.

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo