Car buyer sued by dealer over low price

Started by SVT666, January 21, 2010, 09:56:33 AM

SVT666

Quote from: Submariner on January 21, 2010, 05:16:41 PM
There are a few street legal cars that are faster, no?

Regardless, for 80k, it's a hell of a car. 
Not unless you count these as street legal production cars.  Otherwise, the Viper ACR pretty much holds the street legal production car record on virtually every track it's let loose on.

Radical SR8

Gumpert Appollo Speed

Donkervoort D8

the Teuton

Why does no one understand the idea of bad news traveling much faster than good news?

For the dealer, this couldn't be worse.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Morris Minor

Quote from: the Teuton on January 21, 2010, 05:32:18 PM
Why does no one understand the idea of bad news traveling much faster than good news?

Agreed. They should eat the $7K & turn it to their advantage, use the goof to enhance their standing with her rather than destroy their reputation.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

saxonyron

Quote from: the Teuton on January 21, 2010, 05:32:18 PM

Does he have a case?  Probably.  Did the customer take advantage of him, and is she an ass?  Probably.  But I'm just shocked that this guy thought it was a good career move to sue a customer for his own error.  I guaranty you this guy will be out of business in 6 months.  I'm sure he's reeling from the economic disaster already, and that's why he's acting so desparate and stupid, but holy crap, this stunt should just about finish him off.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

The Phantom

Sorry about yesterday.  I think I was kind of posting in hurry because I was going to be taking off to go to work really soon.

I find it hard to explain my views, because I know the Viper is an awesome value at even $80,000.  I also don't find it to be just "a Dodge," and apparently neither does Chrysler, since it's trying to sell it off as its own brand.  Same with the Ram.

I have a great respect for cars I can't afford, even Dodges, Fords, and Chevys.  Certainly, there are people who can and do buy these vehicles.  I'd love to have one of each!  But shoot...  I need to get a better job first!

Take care, fellow car lovers!  Just wanted to apologize.
"We?re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."