GM launches incentive program for current Toyota owners

Started by SVT666, January 27, 2010, 09:10:41 PM

93JC

He said "midsize, affordable sedan market", not "grossly overpriced midsize sedan market".

Raza

Quote from: 93JC on January 29, 2010, 07:52:34 AM
He said "midsize, affordable sedan market", not "grossly overpriced midsize sedan market".

27K is grossly overpriced?

But a few years back, the Passat did start at 22K. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Cheapest Passat I can get is $3000 more then a mid level Fusion with a 6 speed manual.  The Passat doesn't even come with a manual and it has leatherette.  Last summer I rode in a BMW with leatherette and I found my ass sweats a lot with that.  The cheapest CC is $6000 more.

Raza

Quote from: SVT666 on January 29, 2010, 09:58:37 AM
Cheapest Passat I can get is $3000 more then a mid level Fusion with a 6 speed manual.  The Passat doesn't even come with a manual and it has leatherette.  Last summer I rode in a BMW with leatherette and I found my ass sweats a lot with that.  The cheapest CC is $6000 more.

I forgot they scaled down options and stopped offering the manual. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

The Pirate

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=21155.msg1255467#msg1255467 date=1264785576
I forgot they scaled down options and stopped offering the manual. 

I like the Passat.  But I was going off of the price advantage of the Fusion, and that fact that it's available with a manual transmission (at this point, with that type of car, not having one is a deal-breaker for me).  I'm seeing quite a lot of the new Fusions on the road, and I really like them.  I need to go test drive one.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SVT666

BimmerM3

Are there any cars that don't have manumatics anymore?

Atomic

typical, tasteless general motors. safety is of prime concern of all cars on the road. capitalizing on the recall will bite gm on the ass someday.

r0tor

Instead of GM being a smartass, shouldnt they be recalling the Pontiac Vibe since the Matrix is on the recall list???  :confused:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

2o6

Quote from: r0tor on January 29, 2010, 05:34:45 PM
Instead of GM being a smartass, shouldnt they be recalling the Pontiac Vibe since the Matrix is on the recall list???  :confused:

It's on the list.

dlp

Quote from: r0tor on January 28, 2010, 01:16:21 PM
I believe GM's fix in the late 80's for exploding gas tanks in their trucks was sending the owners a $500 rebate for the purchase of a new GM truck...

I know someone else responded to this BS, but cmon man. If you can pull this out of your ass then you are old enough to remember 60 minutes being sued, loosing and NBC almosting going bankrupt becuase of it. 60 minutes planted expolsives in the gas tanks ( saddle tanks) and ignited them after t-boning the truck with a small car. All GM asked for was for a PUBLIC APPOLOGY. No cash, just an apology.

This spurred on the 20 years of US auto bashing by the mainstreem media. Think that has had an effect on the big 3's public perception? You bet your ass it did. Toyota's days are numbered, the US media has been cleared to air all. Dont believe me? Google " Toyota is in trouble".

You my freind are a complete fucking moron. Who is paying you to post here?   

SVT666

Quote from: dlp on January 29, 2010, 08:08:09 PM
I know someone else responded to this BS, but cmon man. If you can pull this out of your ass then you are old enough to remember 60 minutes being sued, loosing and NBC almosting going bankrupt becuase of it. 60 minutes planted expolsives in the gas tanks ( saddle tanks) and ignited them after t-boning the truck with a small car. All GM asked for was for a PUBLIC APPOLOGY. No cash, just an apology.

This spurred on the 20 years of US auto bashing by the mainstreem media. Think that has had an effect on the big 3's public perception? You bet your ass it did. Toyota's days are numbered, the US media has been cleared to air all. Dont believe me? Google " Toyota is in trouble".

Careful buddy.  r0tor is a well respected poster here.  A lot of people don't know about what really happened which is why it affected public perception so much.

S204STi

loosing... almosting... becuase... expolsives.... APPOLOGY....
mainstreem media. ...

You my freind are a complete fucking moron.

Not very literate are we?

dlp

Quote from: R-inge on January 29, 2010, 09:27:47 PM
Not very literate are we?

Correct, I'm not very literate, but the truth is the truth, spelling be damned. You know it as well as I do. I don't care how many post this guy has made on this site, he is posting biased opinions. It makes me wonder who he is working for, assuredly a Japanese auto manufacture. His post regarding GM saddle back gas tanks blowing up proves this guy is reaching to prove a point. Anyone that is over 35 years old and has been following the US automobile industry knows what happened with this FALSE supposed independent testing of a perceived engineering problem with GM trucks. Do your own research, prove me wrong.

The last site I frequented had several people that continually bashed US products and after numerous prods admitted to working for foreign manufactures. None are posting now.

I am not being paid for my opinions and am free to call out all manufactures for inferior designs and engineering. The big 3 deserve the criticism in the 80's and early to mid 90's, but Japan and Europe have been given a free pass for the last 15 years. Like I said 2 years ago on TCC, their time is up and the media now has a free pass to tear them apart. I will not go away or back down from what I am posting, just ask the posers that migrated to here from TCC. Be prepared to eat your words before calling me out, some of you know exactly what I am talking about.

dlp

Is this site dedicated to spelling correctly or automobile opinions? Facts are facts, spelling be damned dude. Go join spelling anonymous.

omicron

Correct spelling is fabulous! I cannot issue a welcome hug until this issue is rectified.

dlp

I cannot guaranty perfect spelling, but you will get an honest and well informed opinion from me with every post. Just ask the members of this site that migrated / bailed like rats from a sinking ship from TCC. They spewed opinion as fact for years, then I questioned / proved them wrong.

I will not stand for paid posts. The people that sellout their own country for a proffit need to be exposed as the sellouts / POS they are. Sorry, the guy that loves the oil leaking, high maintence rotory engines is a person that is attempting to change peoples opinions with myth. This makes me question his / her / it's/ intentions. Maybe you should do the same?
Toyota spent almost 650,000,000.00 US dollars in the last 9 months in advertising, do you think it all went to television networks?  If they spent half that amount on fixing thier well known problems they wouldnt be in the position they are in now. Exept for that nasty sexual harassment lawsuit, that my cost more.

Google it yourself, "Toyota is in trouble". It will give most naive consumers an eye opening expeirence.

the Teuton

Quote from: dlp on January 30, 2010, 01:05:24 AM
I cannot guaranty perfect spelling, but you will get an honest and well informed opinion from me with every post. Just ask the members of this site that migrated / bailed like rats from a sinking ship from TCC. They spewed opinion as fact for years, then I questioned / proved them wrong.

I will not stand for paid posts. The people that sellout their own country for a proffit need to be exposed as the sellouts / POS they are. Sorry, the guy that loves the oil leaking, high maintence rotory engines is a person that is attempting to change peoples opinions with myth. This makes me question his / her / it's/ intentions. Maybe you should do the same?
Toyota spent almost 650,000,000.00 US dollars in the last 9 months in advertising, do you think it all went to television networks?  If they spent half that amount on fixing thier well known problems they wouldnt be in the position they are in now. Exept for that nasty sexual harassment lawsuit, that my cost more.

Google it yourself, "Toyota is in trouble". It will give most naive consumers an eye opening expeirence.

Way to finally post after 2 years of membership.

Also, how do you know about this stuff? Why didn't I hear about the sexual harassment thing? Mr. Toyoda getting a little frisky, eh?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

dlp

Quote from: the Teuton on January 30, 2010, 01:17:31 AM
Way to finally post after 2 years of membership.

Also, how do you know about this stuff? Why didn't I hear about the sexual harassment thing? Mr. Toyoda getting a little frisky, eh?

Almost 40K post and you dont know anything about the sexual harrasment lawsuit against Toyota? Guess you arent really a diehard? Would you like a link?

Yea, I joined this site a couple of years ago and just now started posting. I chased a bunch of complete morons out of one site, they wound up here. With the current events regarding Toyota, I am looking for them. They polluted TCC with their paid for opinions, denied it that they were tainted, then left without a wimper for this site.

i have no patience for sellouts. Better have your facts straight before calling me out on the carpet.

GoCougs

GM apologists (who are almost always Toyota haters) are the 'Net's 4th most entertaining troll, as demonstrated here.

S204STi

It seems plain as day to me that all r0tor was talking about was GM's response to their own safety scandal.  He made no comments about the nature of the scandal or its validity.

Context context context baby!

And for the sake open disclosure, I am in fact paid to post here.  By the church of jesus christ of latter day saints.

This message brought to you by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: R-inge on January 30, 2010, 07:05:30 AM
It seems plain as day to me that all r0tor was talking about was GM's response to their own safety scandal.  He made no comments about the nature of the scandal or its validity.

And for the sake open disclosure, I am in fact paid to post here.  By the church of jesus christ of latter day saints.

:lol:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

SVT666

Hey dlp, you're barking up the wrong tree here.  r0tor is only biased toward Mazda products and I don't think he has a passionate dislike for any one manufacturer. 

This message brought to you by Mazda.

the Teuton

Wow, just wow.

This message brought to you by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation with support from viewers like you.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Everything sucks but Subaru and Saturn.

This message brought to you by Teuton

the Teuton

hotrodalex

Quote from: R-inge on January 30, 2010, 07:05:30 AM
It seems plain as day to me that all r0tor was talking about was GM's response to their own safety scandal.  He made no comments about the nature of the scandal or its validity.

I ain't payin' you nothin'! :rage:

:lol:

AutobahnSHO

Welcome Toyota hater!

This message brought to you by the resident Root Beer Troll
Will

Northlands

I'm guessing a number of us are old enough to know what went on with the gas tank incidents and yes the media likes to plow into their own country for many a reason. I'm not sure that GM is in dire straits solely on the discreditation ( is that a word? ) of the media. Or Chrysler for that matter.

However, what on earth leads you to believe that Toyota's days are numbered?

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS