Audi A1!

Started by 2o6, February 09, 2010, 05:30:00 PM

S204STi

Yeah, MINI over this just based on character alone.

Raza

Quote from: Hachee on February 11, 2010, 09:06:12 AM
I don't dislike it, but it's really not doing anything for me.  It's not special enough - despite the fancy details like the grille (which I don't care for) and the silver trim, it's just lacking something....looks ordinary.  I think the Mini succeeds because it just looks different, so singular and purposeful, and has such broad appeal.

I think the A2 was much better. 

The A2 may have been cleverer, but it looked like the lovechild of a TT and an Aztek.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

It's just been confirmed that this car is NOT heading towards the US. It's going to be sold in Europe and parts of Asia only.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

the Teuton

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 12, 2010, 07:43:03 AM
It's just been confirmed that this car is NOT heading towards the US. It's going to be sold in Europe and parts of Asia only.

Er bringt sexy zur?ck. Funny, this commercial was filmed in LA.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

giant_mtb

Maybe it's a photoshop!  Why would they have that crazy license plate on there if it was in LA?!!?!?!

2o6

To tell the truth, I don't want it. It's FWD only.

cawimmer430

Quote from: the Teuton on February 12, 2010, 07:48:51 AM

Er bringt sexy zur?ck. Funny, this commercial was filmed in LA.

And that's clearly a European-spec Audi A1 in the photo. If it were an American version it would have those funny orange reflectors upfront. European car companies do this all the time. They bring over a Euro-spec model for filming purposes in the US.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Galaxy

Quote from: r0tor on March 02, 2010, 04:39:17 PM
its r0tary?!?!?!?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/02/geneva-2010-audi-a1-e-tron-wankels-its-way-to-the-show-floor/

I was going to start a thread "Audi goes back to rOtor", but just did not have the time. With DSU Audi does have rotary credentials.

I have wondered why GM did not use a small turbine for the generator, I suppose a wankel will work as well in terms os smoothness.

r0tor

Contrary to most knowledge, the wankle design is actually more fuel efficient at wide open throttle then a piston engine (which is how they will use this engine).  So the r0tary design makes great sense for a small generator.

The fuel efficiency is actually one of the large reasons why the 787B won at LeMans.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

280Z Turbo

Quote from: r0tor on March 02, 2010, 05:48:15 PM
Contrary to most knowledge, the wankle design is actually more fuel efficient at wide open throttle then a piston engine (which is how they will use this engine).  So the r0tary design makes great sense for a small generator.

The fuel efficiency is actually one of the large reasons why the 787B won at LeMans.

Hmm...

Our old 12A powered street port RX-7 racecar seems to disagree with that.