Do you trust "the pill"...

Started by r0tor, February 11, 2010, 08:52:04 AM

Would/Do you trust "the pill" as the only form of birth control?

Absolutely... i'm free!!!
12 (57.1%)
I trust the pill but not her to take it...
6 (28.6%)
Hell no, that .5% of the time it doesn't work scares me
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

93JC

A vasectomy can be reversible you know...

dazzleman

Quote from: 93JC on February 12, 2010, 09:57:17 AM
A vasectomy can be reversible you know...

My understanding is that it may be reversible, but there are no guaranties.  The same is true of tubal ligation.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

NomisR

They really need to develop a man pill.. it'll be a blessing for everyone, definitely cut down the paternity suits and unwed births.  That way, women can go around poking holes into condoms and having the oops, I forgot to take pill thing to try and get pregnant.

SVT666

Quote from: dazzleman on February 12, 2010, 09:57:52 AM
My understanding is that it may be reversible, but there are no guaranties.  The same is true of tubal ligation.
Actually, it is fully reversible, but quite a bit more painful then the vasectomy was.  The doctor that did mine was pretty rough, and I had pain and discomfort for 3 weeks.  I was told the discomfort would go away after a few days by every guy I knew who had it done.

NomisR

What type of discomfort may I ask?

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Byteme

Quote from: Rupert on February 11, 2010, 09:54:06 PM
What doctor will snip a 24 year old?

We used to do them in the Navy to guys in their 20's.

Byteme

Quote from: r0tor on February 12, 2010, 10:46:28 AM
oh christ dont answer   :mask:

The one's I assisted on made me quite uncomfortable.  The doctor takes a rather large syringe of lidocaine  and makes multiple injections into the scrotum to numb up the area (numb nuts?  :lol:) and then the knife work begins.

NomisR

Quote from: EtypeJohn on February 12, 2010, 11:04:10 AM
The one's I assisted on made me quite uncomfortable.  The doctor takes a rather large syringe of lidocaine  and makes multiple injections into the scrotum to numb up the area (numb nuts?  :lol:) and then the knife work begins.

Ow.....

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Onslaught

I know they won't work on a young woman. My girlfriend wanted one at 27 and they wouldn't do it.
Now I do know a guy who's 30 that got one. But I'd think by 30 you wouldn't be thought of as young
anymore.

Byteme

Quote from: Onslaught on February 12, 2010, 11:21:07 AM
I know they won't work on a young woman. My girlfriend wanted one at 27 and they wouldn't do it.
Now I do know a guy who's 30 that got one. But I'd think by 30 you wouldn't be thought of as young
anymore.

Correct, we never did a vasectomy on a woman that I recall.      :confused:     :lol: :lol:

Onslaught

Quote from: EtypeJohn on February 12, 2010, 11:31:06 AM
Correct, we never did a vasectomy on a woman that I recall.      :confused:     :lol: :lol:
:rolleyes: You know of what I speak.    :ohyeah:

mzziaz

Quote from: SVT666 on February 12, 2010, 10:18:40 AM
Actually, it is fully reversible, but quite a bit more painful then the vasectomy was.  The doctor that did mine was pretty rough, and I had pain and discomfort for 3 weeks.  I was told the discomfort would go away after a few days by every guy I knew who had it done.

I'm snipped too!

For me it went pretty good.
Cuore Sportivo

Byteme

Quote from: Onslaught on February 12, 2010, 11:34:52 AM
:rolleyes: You know of what I speak.    :ohyeah:

Of course I do, it was just too good of an opportunity to pass up.    ;) :devil:

Onslaught

I think it's like wisdom teeth and everything else. Some people have no problems and others seem to think it hurts like hell. A good friend had it done on a Friday and by Monday he was back at work. Granted he sat at a desk all day. Said all he did all weekend was keep it iced down and it didn't hurt at all. Another guy I know made it sound like it hurt like hell.

Rupert

Quote from: NomisR on February 12, 2010, 10:06:20 AM
They really need to develop a man pill.. it'll be a blessing for everyone, definitely cut down the paternity suits and unwed births.  That way, women can go around poking holes into condoms and having the oops, I forgot to take pill thing to try and get pregnant.

There is a man pill, or there will be. I can't remember exactly...

For the rest,  :rolleyes: .
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: Raza  on February 12, 2010, 02:26:59 AM
Not the doctor's problem.  But yeah, it's a little early to be making lifelong commitments. 

Lawsuit.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

hotrodalex

Can they just knock you out fully?

sportyaccordy

According to Michael Scott, a vasectomy is reversible at least 3 times.

Minpin

Absolutely. If you're scared your girlfriend will fucking forget to take it, you need to reevaluate your relationship. Hard.

Hehe.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Raza

Quote from: Minpin on February 14, 2010, 06:11:06 PM
Absolutely. If you're scared your girlfriend will fucking forget to take it, you need to reevaluate your relationship. Hard.

I told my friend that he needs to check his condoms like Halloween candy...his girlfriend is so fucking baby crazy.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

Quote from: Minpin on February 14, 2010, 06:11:06 PM

Shit son, I was prescribed antibiotics a year ago and I know I missed 3-4 doses over a 2-week period. Unless you think I secretly wanted strep throat...
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

BimmerM3

Quote from: Onslaught on February 12, 2010, 11:21:07 AM
anymore.

If I'm not mistaken, getting a woman's tubes tied is a more serious operation with a higher risk of complications.

BimmerM3

Quote from: Tave on February 18, 2010, 09:08:28 AM
Shit son, I was prescribed antibiotics a year ago and I know I missed 3-4 doses over a 2-week period. Unless you think I secretly wanted strep throat...

+1. I forget to take my allergy medicine all the time.

CALL_911

Quote from: BimmerM3 on February 18, 2010, 10:04:53 AM
+1. I forget to take my allergy medicine all the time.

Yes, me too.

Minpin, WTF?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Submariner

Nearly three years of trouble free service for me. 

Though, I'd be lying if I didn't get just the slightest bit uneasy as the end of the month looms near...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

S204STi

I'll probably get snipped once I hit 30.  If we aren't going to have kids at that point then I don't want to be in my 50s dealing with a teenager or young adult in school.  That said, I might be in a better financial position to support a kid in college too at that point.

CALL_911

Quote from: R-inge on February 18, 2010, 01:41:36 PM
I don't want to be in my 50s dealing with a teenager or young adult in school.

?

How old would you want to be, with a teenager/college student?

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

the Teuton

Yeah, my parents had me when they were 45 and 38. I admit, that's a little old on average, but my 37-year-old sibling and his wife will most likely be doing something similar agewise.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!