More on Toyota. How to save your company $100, the heck with the customer

Started by Byteme, February 22, 2010, 08:00:08 AM

SVT666

Quote from: 565 on February 22, 2010, 10:30:01 PM
Those are some fighting words from both Cougs and Hemi.  Here's what we need, the first official Carspin street race!

Seriously that would be awesome.
Cougs refuses to meet me in person because he really thinks I would beat him up.  Personally I think it's because he isn't who he says he is and doesn't want to get found out.  I mean shit, how many times do people have to offer to meet him for a beer before he quits finding excuses?

GoCougs

Quote from: TBR on February 22, 2010, 10:25:55 PM
Reading comprehension fail: he was asking what your excuse was for buying a boring ass family sedan when you have no family.

Context, vesting, allegation and reading comprehension fail: shall we degrade things further by exploring exactly where your ride falls on the 'SPIN performance scale? (HINT: not even in the ballpark for the cars under discussion). And I guess you missed that part whereby SVT666 got called out on recent Sunbird ownership.

CALL_911

Those are some fighting words from both Cougs and Hemi.  Here's what we need, the first official Carspin street race!

Completely unrelated, but please check your PMs.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

TBR

Quote from: GoCougs on February 22, 2010, 10:34:52 PM
Context, vesting, allegation and reading comprehension fail: shall we degrade things further by exploring exactly where your ride falls on the 'SPIN performance scale? (HINT: not even in the ballpark for the cars under discussion). And I guess you missed that part whereby SVT666 got called out on recent Sunbird ownership.

Nope, all the fail is on you, a judgment which you have only helped confirm.

GoCougs

It would be something else. Not far from Seattle is Pacific Raceways (Kent, WA) with a 2.25 mile road course. A regional grudge match would indeed be interesting. The practicalities are however a day of laps will eat the tires and brakes, and risk crashing the car.

GoCougs

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 22, 2010, 10:28:23 PM
You honestly think an Accord V6 could own an SVT Focus on a track?

What makes you think it's more reliable?

No offense, but his car looks a million times better than yours does. Yours is one of the ugliest Accords ever made, second to this current generation. His car is also more unique and less, well, dull.

Yes. The stats.

Yes. The history.

That's subjective. I'm not a huge fan of the 7th gen Accord either butthe power train was absolutely top notch, and extended up beyond its class let alone owning its class (e.g., check out all the Youtube vids of Accord V6 6MT coupes besting G35 coupes).

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on February 22, 2010, 10:32:56 PM
Cougs refuses to meet me in person because he really thinks I would beat him up.  Personally I think it's because he isn't who he says he is and doesn't want to get found out.  I mean shit, how many times do people have to offer to meet him for a beer before he quits finding excuses?

Unless you've got some mad fighting skills or mega substantial strength I don't think you could. The point however was to avoid physical confrontation as it never ends well, even if you beat the other guy (meaning, civil and criminal repercussions).

There are no excuses. The first I think I was out of town in Japan. The second I told you "no" because since then you creeped me out a bit. I know all this goodness seems like a fairy tale but I guess I'll just keep you wondering.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on February 22, 2010, 11:00:18 PM
Unless you've got some mad fighting skills or mega substantial strength I don't think you could. The point however was to avoid physical confrontation as it never ends well, even if you beat the other guy (meaning, civil and criminal repercussions).
Mega substantial strength?  :lol: Oh you kill me Cougs :lol:

QuoteThere are no excuses. The first I think I was out of town in Japan. The second I told you "no" because since then you creeped me out a bit. I know all this goodness seems like a fairy tale but I guess I'll just keep you wondering.
:lol: you keep getting funnier.  You were nowhere near Japan the first time I came down.  Apparently you were bike riding.  You also won't meet others, not just me.

GoCougs

Quote from: TBR on February 22, 2010, 10:38:31 PM
Nope, all the fail is on you, a judgment which you have only helped confirm.

Sunbird is your obvious-to-all FAIL (and SVT666's too).

TBR

Quote from: GoCougs on February 22, 2010, 11:28:13 PM
Sunbird is your obvious-to-all FAIL (and SVT666's too).

I don't have a Sunbird nor does SVT666. Move along, you're making a fool of yourself with these juvenile antics.

CALL_911

I do believe that Cougs is an engineer and not some kid who's bored.

On the other hand, his megalomania is somewhat disconcerting. A while ago, he did claim that he could realistically afford a 599 GTB. I mean, if you could, then surely any enthusiast would get something cooler than an Accord DX V6 or whatever it is that he has.

His religious allegiance to Ayn Rand makes me think that he may be something of a simpleton as well...

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

GoCougs

Quote from: TBR on February 22, 2010, 11:32:00 PM
I don't have a Sunbird nor does SVT666. Move along, you're making a fool of yourself with these juvenile antics.

Deflection fail x 2.

GoCougs

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 22, 2010, 11:36:17 PM
I do believe that Cougs is an engineer and not some kid who's bored.

On the other hand, his megalomania is somewhat disconcerting. A while ago, he did claim that he could realistically afford a 599 GTB. I mean, if you could, then surely any enthusiast would get something cooler than an Accord DX V6 or whatever it is that he has.

His religious allegiance to Ayn Rand makes me think that he may be something of a simpleton as well...

Wow, I'd have to be board to some up with this persona. And I'd l like to think I could do better.

Enthusiast hint: most Ferraris are not in the hands of enthusiasts, and you'll find the most ardent of enthusiasts aren't buying expensive stuff.

I have no religious allegiance to anyone or anything but myself (how's that for megalomania?).

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 22, 2010, 10:35:10 PM
Completely unrelated, but please check your PMs.

Alright I just responded, in classic 565 rambling fashion.

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on February 22, 2010, 11:21:48 PM
Mega substantial strength?  :lol: Oh you kill me Cougs :lol:
:lol: you keep getting funnier.  You were nowhere near Japan the first time I came down.  Apparently you were bike riding.  You also won't meet others, not just me.

Um, I was trying to be nice...

Bike riding or Japan, it doesn't really matter. I'm not going to meet you anytime soon. Does this help?

Byteme

Quote from: SVT666 on February 22, 2010, 10:32:56 PM
Cougs refuses to meet me in person because he really thinks I would beat him up.  Personally I think it's because he isn't who he says he is and doesn't want to get found out.  I mean shit, how many times do people have to offer to meet him for a beer before he quits finding excuses?

Well, there is this on:  http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14016

Gocougs

Washington state speeding ticket
Hi,

I was in Seattle for the long weekend with a friend, and drove back to the east side on Monday evening. On the I-90 around Ritzville, I was behind a couple cars that were stuck behind a truck, so I got into the left lane (it was two lanes in my direction) to pass the truck. I sped up, and just as I was ready to get in front of the truck, I noticed a cop car parked on the side of the road. I got back into the right lane, in front of the truck, and returned my speed to the limit, hoping that it wouldn't be a big deal because I had finished passing and was at the appropriate speed again, but I ended up getting pulled over and being given a ticket. I was clocked going 82 (the speed limit was 70) in that stretch in the left lane.

This is my first ticket of any kind, ever, and I have very little experience with the law as I've never been in any kind of trouble before, so I am coming to you for help. I am a college student with very strict parents, and if they find out that I got this ticket, they will stop helping to pay for my tuition. As an out of state student with out of state tuition fees (I'm from CA), that would be the worst thing that could happen to me. I've read about deferrment as a possibility and some people have told me in WA it is legal to exceed the speed limit to pass and that I shouldn't have been given a ticket, but I keep getting conflicting information, so I'm hoping perhaps someone here can shed some light on this. I am under my parents' car insurance, so if this goes on my record and the rates get raised...well...I just can't think about what will happen.

If anyone has any suggestions about what to do regarding this ticket, I'd really appreciate any of your help!!

WookieOnRitalin

1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

Jon?

You fuckers don't get it.  This is GoPubes' message board.  You're just typing on it!

Current Rides: 2011 VW Golf TDi, 2008 Pontiac Vibe

Byteme

Quote from: WookieOnRitalin on February 23, 2010, 07:01:04 AM
I am glad we stayed on topic.

Good job team. :ohyeah:

By the third page topics here generally turn away from the original topic. This should be no surprise.

Galaxy

So the hearing on capitol hill is tomorrow? Are those broadcast online? I guess there is a pretty good chance that CNN International will broadcast live.

Jon?

Quote from: Galaxy on February 23, 2010, 07:28:08 AM
So the hearing on capitol hill is tomorrow? Are those broadcast online? I guess there is a pretty good chance that CNN International will broadcast live.

GM is sponsoring 24/7 coverage.

Current Rides: 2011 VW Golf TDi, 2008 Pontiac Vibe

omicron

It should be pointed out that the only Toyota recalled in Australia has been the the Prius, and even that is due to 'reports of inconsistent brake feel during slow and steady braking on certain road conditions such as a pot hole, bumpy or slippery road surfaces when the ABS is activated. The brake pedal feel may not be consistent, but the brakes will continue to operate. There have been a total of 111 cases reported globally, two in Australia''.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2010/small-passenger/toyota/prius/prius-brake-recall-made-official-18240

Repeat: two in Australia. That smacks to me of a face-saving recall rather than any sort based in truth.

In respect to the other cars, I remain unconvinced that there is such a fundamental difference in pedal or floormat design between the various markets. Questions arise - why are LHD floor mats different to RHD ones (or pedals, for that matter)? Why do recalled RHD UK pedals differ in design to non-recalled RHD Australian pedals (assuming there is in fact a difference, ignoring what has been said by Toyota employees)? Are floormats bought from third-party retailers subject to any recalls, because if not, that would suggest that every single third-party retailer in the world sells floormats for Toyotas that are fundamentally different to OE-Toyota floormats, which I find to be hilariously illogical? Why are LHD American Toyotas/Lexuses able to be the only cars in the world in which the brakes are unable to override the engine?

And so on. Not convinced, I'm afraid.

Raza

Quote from: GoCougs on February 22, 2010, 09:38:38 PM
Um, safety issues being a floor mat and some BS shim...

Like I keep saying, nothing points to this more than likely being a witch hunt than the absolutely ridiculous floor mat "cause."

So you're completely ignoring the issues that came about when there was no floormat in place?

You should have been a lawyer.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

Raza

Quote from: GoCougs on February 22, 2010, 10:21:12 PM
Save for something pretty tight and twisty I would own you just about everywhere else; on just about any track, on the open road, and on any acceleration measure whatsoever (LOL - like you were stuck in reverse) and be more reliable and comfortable doing it. And LOLets not forget recent Sunbird ownership.

My overall "excuse" is that you threw down once again and once again ran headlong into some ownage. I'd never criticize someone else's ride unless s/he explicitly needed it done, as you did.

Very few of us would take an automatic Accord over an SVT Focus, mag racing be damned.

And I do think that's all you do. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: omicron on February 23, 2010, 07:39:41 AM
Repeat: two in Australia. That smacks to me of a face-saving recall rather than any sort based in truth.

And so on. Not convinced, I'm afraid.

Your pedals are on the other side, remember; there may be differences significant enough to circumvent the issue.

Regardless, this has moved beyond a simple mea culpa recall.  If the goal were to save face, they've lost more by recalling millions of vehicles, causing mass panic (the media certainly helped here), and having their underhanded tactics (which, admittedly, most companies also do engage in) outed in public. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TBR

Quote from: GoCougs on February 22, 2010, 11:51:02 PM
Deflection fail x 2.

:wtf:

Now explain to me what a Sunbird has to do with anything seeing how no one on this board owns one. (btw, if I was as anal and obnoxious as you I would have ridiculed you for saying Sunbird when what you meant was Sunfire)

Quote from: Raza  on February 23, 2010, 08:15:36 AM
Very few of us would take an automatic Accord over an SVT Focus, mag racing be damned.

And I do think that's all you do. 

I thought he had a 6 speed?