Inside Line: 1998 Integra Type R Vs. 2010 Honda Civic Si

Started by Xer0, February 23, 2010, 01:52:45 AM

Vinsanity

Raza

Quote from: BimmerM3 on March 03, 2010, 08:25:45 PM
r0tor is talking about performance gain - increased lateral Gs, faster slalom speeds, better lap times. While I feel like I can corner a bit harder and I have more confidence in the corners, I have no empirical evidence that my car is statistically better.

My point is that I don't really care about lateral Gs, slalom speeds and lap times because I drive a Honda Accord, not a race car or even a proper sports car. What does matter to me is that I enjoy driving my car more. Since I installed the shocks over Christmas break (I've had the springs for a long time on stock shocks), my body roll is more controlled, the car feels way more neutral in corners, and it just generally feels more composed. Sure, it's a little rougher on bumpy roads, but it's worth the trade off, IMO.

That said, my can't isn't like "LOL SLAMMMED!!!" IIRC, H&R said the springs normally drop the car about 1.5" in the front and about 1.25" in the rear.

And the point that Sporty was making is that a set of springs can make a car the exact same as a factory special edition.  Which it can't.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza  on March 04, 2010, 08:04:46 AM
And the point that Sporty was making is that a set of springs can make a car the exact same as a factory special edition.  Which it can't.
I didn't say a set of springs would do it. I said a set of HFP springs + shocks and the Mugen exhaust would do it. If someone got all the Mugen Si parts and threw them on a regular Si I guarantee not even you, the people's purist, would be able to tell the difference.

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 04, 2010, 05:15:35 PM
I didn't say a set of springs would do it. I said a set of HFP springs + shocks and the Mugen exhaust would do it. If someone got all the Mugen Si parts and threw them on a regular Si I guarantee not even you, the people's purist, would be able to tell the difference.

Right, and I'm saying it's still not the same. 

It's a difference of values.  You're talking to a guy who owns two limited edition watches and is buying a third.  Do they do anything better than that standard models?  Nope.  But there is a difference.  However, if you don't value the difference, you won't even recognize that there is one. 

As evidenced by your reactions in this thread.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=21394.msg1283219#msg1283219 date=1267799490
Right, and I'm saying it's still not the same. 

It's a difference of values.  You're talking to a guy who owns two limited edition watches and is buying a third.  Do they do anything better than that standard models?  Nope.  But there is a difference.  However, if you don't value the difference, you won't even recognize that there is one. 

As evidenced by your reactions in this thread.

It all comes down to priorities.  I could buy a regular Mustang GT and throw on the Shelby GT showck, struts, springs, anti-roll bars, hood scoop, and stripes for a lot less then it would cost to just buy a Shelby GT...but it wouldn't be a Shelby GT.  I would rather buy the Shelby GT, but if it's not in my budget, I would still gladly modify the Mustang GT and be pretty damn happy with it.

Three special edition watches?  Really?  I can't even fathom your thought process. :ohyeah: