VW Sharan

Started by 2o6, March 01, 2010, 06:41:15 AM

SVT666

Quote from: Catman on March 01, 2010, 11:48:15 AM
Yup, massive overhangs also.
Why does everything have to be longer then 142.46"?  There's no reason for it.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: The Pirate on March 02, 2010, 01:43:41 PM
Isn't that pretty standard nowadays?  

YES.
Only the cheapest of vans (Dodge/Chrysler) can still be bought with benches. The Odyssey now has a nifty hidden 2nd row center seat (folds into the floor).

My 2004 Sienna has seating for 8. Unfortuately that means the 2nd row buckets have No Armrests. (the 7seat model DOES have armrests.) BUT, all the seats in the 2nd row are individually removable. They also slide forward and back individually. Even all the way back, little kids still have ample legroom, but you have so much room in the 2nd row it's not even funny.
Will

The Pirate

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 02, 2010, 03:35:15 PM
YES.
Only the cheapest of vans (Dodge/Chrysler) can still be bought with benches. The Odyssey now has a nifty hidden 2nd row center seat (folds into the floor).

My 2004 Sienna has seating for 8. Unfortuately that means the 2nd row buckets have No Armrests. (the 7seat model DOES have armrests.) BUT, all the seats in the 2nd row are individually removable. They also slide forward and back individually. Even all the way back, little kids still have ample legroom, but you have so much room in the 2nd row it's not even funny.

I don't remember what year my parents' van is (06 or 07, I think), but it's definitely the 7 passenger version.  Toyota steering aside, it's a great highway vehicle, with a hell of an engine.  It feels faster than my Proteg?.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.