NJ teens will have to mark their vehicles with decal

Started by TurboDan, March 08, 2010, 11:32:59 AM

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on March 13, 2010, 06:48:33 AM
This sounds like a completely idiotic idea to me.  The intentions behind it may or may not be good (I suspect revenue generation, the usual government motive), but I don't see it improving safety.

A better way to improve safety might just be a harder road test, and better training.

+1.  I don't see any sense in this sticker.  It's only an inch or so wide, so it's not like the huge "Student Driver" signs.  So since it's not a big warning, what's the point?  A waste of 500,000 perfectly good stickers. 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

280Z Turbo

Quote from: dazzleman on March 13, 2010, 06:48:33 AM
This sounds like a completely idiotic idea to me.  The intentions behind it may or may not be good (I suspect revenue generation, the usual government motive), but I don't see it improving safety.

A better way to improve safety might just be a harder road test, and better training.

The fact that someone doesn't even need Driver's Ed. in Michigan after they turn 18 is unacceptable, in my opinion.

When I started to drive from CT to Philly alot, I thought Jersey drivers were the worst.  There was alot of darting in traffic and aggressive passes on the right.  But pretty soon after making that trip many times, I pretty much became among the top tier of asshole on the turnpike.

Then I came to Boston and thought they had their own brand of crazy, cutting in front of cars in ridiculously tight gaps.  Rushing to take left turns on green without yielding to oncoming traffic.  The Boston standard is that if he wasn't going to actually hit you if he maintained speed, then it was a fair left turn or merge, no matter how close of a call it was.  Now after a year and a half, I've pretty much become one of these assholes as well.

Now when I visit back to CT, I'm just am uber dickwad on the roads, terrorizing the natives.  Everyone seems to be moving and reacting in slow motion and being super cautious.   City driving has ruined me.  

I guess the next step is to learn to drive in an Asian country, that would take my driving assholeness to new heights.

J86

Quote from: 565 on March 17, 2010, 10:08:09 PM
When I started to drive from CT to Philly alot, I thought Jersey drivers are the worst.  Alot of darting in traffic and aggressive passes on the right.  But pretty soon after making that trip many times, I pretty much became among the top tier of asshole on the turnpike.

Then I came to Boston and thought they had their own brand of crazy, cutting in front of cars in ridiculously tight gaps.  Rushing to take left turns on green without yielding to oncoming traffic.  The Boston standard is that if he wasn't going to actually hit you if he maintained speed, then it was a fair left turn or merge, no matter how close of a call it was.  Now after a year and a half, I've pretty much become one of these assholes as well.

Now when I visit back to CT, I'm just am uber dickwad on the roads, terrorizing the natives.  Everyone seems to be moving and reacting in slow motion and being super cautious.   City driving has ruined me. 

I guess the next step is to learn to drive in an Asian country, that would take my driving assholeness to new heights.

One of my favorites is 128 during rush hour.  Breakdown lane wooooo-eeeeee!

My uncle's Solara may very well have been totaled this past week when some idiot on 128 spun near him and smacked right into him.  Oh Boston drivers...