2 Events in one day: Goodwood and Brooklands

Started by Colin, March 10, 2010, 02:20:50 PM

Colin

Whilst Wimmerland was being reminded that it is still not yet officially yet Spring, England was bathed in the most glorious sunshine on Sunday, with barely a cloud in sight over the whole country.

Perfect weather for the first of the 2010 outdoor motoring events, then!.

The Goodwood Breakfast Club events are like the "Cars and Coffee" event that Josh posted last week, taking place on the first Sunday of the month........ you never quite what will show up, but on this occasion approximately twice as many cars turned up as usual, with everything from a Ferrari Enzo (you should have heard it!) and a Muira, An Ariel Atom, to some 1920s Austin Sevens. Full report here: http://www.themotor.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=202:goodwood-breakfast-club-march-2010&catid=3:shows&Itemid=12

At Brooklands, the theme was "Austin and Morris", and there were lots of Morris Minors, along with plenty of other vehicles from Healeys to a Vanden Plas Allegro.  You can read my report on that one here: http://www.themotor.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=203:brooklands-austin-morris-day-march-2010&catid=3:shows&Itemid=12

Next weekend is "Race Retro", up at Stoneleigh, which will have a special celebration of the 30th birthday of the Audi Quattro and a whole hall in honour of the Cententary of Alfa Romeo........... they also set up a special stage so we can see historic rally cars in action. I am so looking forward to it!

The Pirate

One of my favorite cars!  I had a chance to ride in one for a few laps (spirited) of Watkins Glen.  I don't recall the exact year, but it was the 3.8L model.

Cool pics!
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

cawimmer430

Nice pics.  :mrcool:

I hate to ask, but when are you going to get a DSLR!?! Sell your S6 if you have to!  :thumbsup:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie