Next Generation Police Interceptor

Started by Catman, March 11, 2010, 05:12:45 AM

Nethead

Quote from: Raza  on March 19, 2010, 09:25:55 AM
They should be incredibly ugly.  They should be very ugly, very bright, and possibly glow in the dark. 

Camaros, then?
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza  on March 19, 2010, 09:25:55 AM
They should be incredibly ugly.  They should be very ugly, very bright, and possibly glow in the dark. 

That's not a bad idea. Maybe be trackable on google maps too?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Vinsanity

Quote from: SVT_Power on March 20, 2010, 08:25:45 PM
That's not a bad idea. Maybe be trackable on google maps too?

google maps would be useless. I want to be able to see them as a flashing red and blue dot on a navi screen

the Teuton

You know what would have been a better cop car than the 2010 Taurus? The 2009 Taurus. It was a great, but utterly boring design.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Catman

Got a first hand look at all the new police offerings today and I will make my predictions known.

Ford is going to lose a lot of market share with the Taurus.  Unless the dash is going to be redesigned for the production car its a total disaster as far as interior space and usability.  Because of the shape of the dash there is no way to effectively mount a traditional laptop.  Room and visibility are very disappointing.  Also Ford needs to stop referring to the new Interceptor as "Purpose Built", its not.  Its a beefed up Taurus.

On the other hand the new Interceptor Utility (Explorer) is fantastic in just about every area.  Plenty of room all around, good visibility too.

Chevrolet had the new Caprice PPV on hand as well and I believe its going to be the runaway favorite among police officers.  It has a tremendous amount of room, as much as the Explorer up front minus the head room.  The console shifter has been relocated as far forward and towards the driver as it can get so there's plenty of room for a laptop setup now.  Only think that will hurt it is that the 6.0 is the only engine for this coming year.

Mustangfan2003

Catman

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on March 24, 2011, 03:09:31 PM
What about the new Charger?

They did not have a Pursuit there just the civilian model with a light bar on top.  Wasn't bad.  Not a complete redesign so the new one will have the same strengths and weaknesses as the old model.

Mustangfan2003

My dads department bought as many Crown Vics as they could this year. 

Catman

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on March 24, 2011, 03:28:09 PM
My dads department bought as many Crown Vics as they could this year. 

I see that going on, not sure that is wise either but whatever.  I can see why.  Space utilization in the Taurus is so bad its ridiculous.  The car is huge and has no room in it.  Its longer than the damn Explorer!

cawimmer430

Man, doesn't anyone here miss the days when cop cars were actually beautiful, cool and had style?  :confused:

Like this:

And here's my favorite! '74 Dodge Monaco!

:wub:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Catman

I think they are cool but they are where they belong......in the history books!

cawimmer430

Quote from: Catman on March 24, 2011, 03:54:30 PM
I think they are cool but they are where they belong......in the history books!

Come on, Catman. Imagine yourself in this baby.  :praise:  :rockon:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Galaxy

What is the status with Carbon Motors?

2o6

Quote from: Galaxy on March 24, 2011, 05:18:34 PM
What is the status with Carbon Motors?

Too expensive, and Carbon can't generate any funds to make the car.

CALL_911

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 24, 2011, 04:02:19 PM
Come on, Catman. Imagine yourself in this baby.  :praise:  :rockon:

If I were a bank robber equipped with the heart rate-elevating Civic DX, I'd hope to see Catman in one of those too.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on March 24, 2011, 06:35:00 PM
If I were a bank robber equipped with the heart rate-elevating Civic DX, I'd hope to see Catman in one of those too.

The Volare would trash your Civic DX.

Why?

Because...

RWD > FWD

:thumbsup:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: 2o6 on March 24, 2011, 06:32:30 PM

Too expensive, and Carbon can't generate any funds to make the car.

They had a good idea but yeah it cost too much. 

Submariner

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 18, 2010, 01:39:07 PM
Something about the CV, TC, and GM make me tickled.  I just love them.  They're very...stately.  Simple, elegant, and fluffy.  In a good way.

Then you step foot in one, and want to hang yourself. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

2o6

the Teuton

"Panther love is a beautiful thing."
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Vinsanity

Quote from: 2o6 on March 24, 2011, 07:18:01 PM
+1.

if you bought a Crown Vic instead of the Neon, you wouldn't have sold your car 6 months later in search of another one.

2o6

Quote from: Vinsanity on March 24, 2011, 08:07:14 PM
if you bought a Crown Vic instead of the Neon, you wouldn't have sold your car 6 months later in search of another one.

Right.

I would have sold it TWO months later.

the Teuton

Quote from: 2o6 on March 24, 2011, 08:09:02 PM

Right.

I would have sold it TWO months later.

The new Grand Marquis isn't a bad car.

giant_mtb

omicron

Quote from: Catman on March 24, 2011, 03:04:43 PM
Got a first hand look at all the new police offerings today and I will make my predictions known.

Ford is going to lose a lot of market share with the Taurus.  Unless the dash is going to be redesigned for the production car its a total disaster as far as interior space and usability.  Because of the shape of the dash there is no way to effectively mount a traditional laptop.  Room and visibility are very disappointing.  Also Ford needs to stop referring to the new Interceptor as "Purpose Built", its not.  Its a beefed up Taurus.

On the other hand the new Interceptor Utility (Explorer) is fantastic in just about every area.  Plenty of room all around, good visibility too.

Chevrolet had the new Caprice PPV on hand as well and I believe its going to be the runaway favorite among police officers.  It has a tremendous amount of room, as much as the Explorer up front minus the head room.  The console shifter has been relocated as far forward and towards the driver as it can get so there's plenty of room for a laptop setup now.  Only think that will hurt it is that the 6.0 is the only engine for this coming year.

This is very good news for the Elizabeth factory. Hopefully demand is sufficient to reinstate the third shift.

Catman

Quote from: omicron on March 25, 2011, 05:34:40 AM
This is very good news for the Elizabeth factory. Hopefully demand is sufficient to reinstate the third shift.

We will see!

Xer0

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 25, 2011, 01:08:39 AM
Shutup.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  Kthx.

I mean, they are terrible cars.

cawimmer430

Why is the Grand Marquis called "Panther Love"?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MX793

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 25, 2011, 01:52:15 PM
Why is the Grand Marquis called "Panther Love"?

Ford's in-house designation/name for the platform that it is built on is "Panther".
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5