Next Generation Police Interceptor

Started by Catman, March 11, 2010, 05:12:45 AM

sportyaccordy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on March 25, 2011, 01:52:15 PM
Why is the Grand Marquis called "Panther Love"?
It is built on the Panther chassis that underpinned the first Crown Vics in the 70s

cawimmer430

Quote from: MX793 on March 25, 2011, 01:55:37 PM
Ford's in-house designation/name for the platform that it is built on is "Panther".

Got it.  :ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 25, 2011, 01:57:58 PM
It is built on the Panther chassis that underpinned the first Crown Vics in the 70s

Panther + 1970s...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panthers

:lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Atomic

i am seeing a lot of 2010 ford explorer police vehicles in nys (opposed to any 2011 ones) all of a sudden (as in just obtained)... thinking they must have been sold at cut throat rates. also, new york state police barracks seem to have a lot of 2010 dodge charger police cars (not 2011 yet) coming in... also wondering if there was a blowout "sale" on the older model of this squad car. the nys chargers have no light-bars on top... rather flashers in the grille and on the dashboard. they are blue/gold like the former crown vics and chevy suv's.

MX793

Quote from: Atomic on March 30, 2011, 07:30:00 AM
i am seeing a lot of 2010 ford explorer police vehicles in nys (opposed to any 2011 ones) all of a sudden (as in just obtained)... thinking they must have been sold at cut throat rates. also, new york state police barracks seem to have a lot of 2010 dodge charger police cars (not 2011 yet) coming in... also wondering if there was a blowout "sale" on the older model of this squad car. the nys chargers have no light-bars on top... rather flashers in the grille and on the dashboard. they are blue/gold like the former crown vics and chevy suv's.

I've noticed a number of otherwise fully marked NYST Crown Vics without light bars on the roof.  I have to wonder if they aren't forgoing the use of the roof-mounted light bar for better aerodynamics and improved fuel economy.  They still have rear and forward facing lights inside the car behind the front and rear windshields.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Catman

NY seems to be buying a shitload of Tahoes.

Mustangfan2003

Actually saw an unmarked Tahoe the other day with a Helping Schools tag on it.  Guess he was doing his part by writing some tickets. 

68_427

Quote from: Catman on April 01, 2011, 07:54:33 AM

Yup.  A state Trooper hides behind my school's giant electronic sign at night now.  So stealth.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

The Pirate

Quote from: Catman on April 01, 2011, 07:54:33 AM

More than half of the state trooper vehicles I see now are Tahoes. 
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

hounddog

Quote from: Galaxy on March 24, 2011, 05:18:34 PM
What is the status with Carbon Motors?
It was more or less a scam, and cost some investors hundreds of thousands of dollars even millions.

Nothing will ever come of it.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

Laconian

I kind of figured. I don't know how you can produce a modern car that is reasonably priced without economies of scale to draw upon.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Atomic

Quote from: The Pirate on April 03, 2011, 08:53:39 PM
More than half of the state trooper vehicles I see now are Tahoes. 
especially down state, where winter's can be even rougher.

seeing a lot of the blue and gold chargers is new at the trooper's barracks.