A Special Corvette Week *now w/ a bazillion pics*

Started by Eye of the Tiger, March 16, 2010, 12:49:37 AM

SVT666

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 18, 2010, 12:12:43 PM
That's it for 7 days. Not bad; not cheap for a poor college guy, but totally worth it. Oh yeah.
That's a helluva deal.  I pay that much for a minivan for 7 days.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: The Pirate on March 18, 2010, 12:10:27 PM
Pics?

This is the only one I took with my crappy ifone. The rest are on my good camera.
This is at some gas station/restaurant/motel/? on CA-1, somewhere between San Francisco and Cambria.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

NomisR

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: NomisR on March 18, 2010, 12:27:49 PM
Coming down to LA?

Ugh...no. We cut across through Bakersfield last night and got back to Vegas around 4am.

NomisR

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 18, 2010, 12:30:43 PM
Ugh...no. We cut across through Bakersfield last night and got back to Vegas around 4am.

That's sooooo, not fun.  You could've driven all the way down the one, and could even go through some canyon roads in the Vette... 

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: NomisR on March 18, 2010, 01:23:39 PM
That's sooooo, not fun.  You could've driven all the way down the one, and could even go through some canyon roads in the Vette... 

yeah, the drive back was boring, but it was all at night

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Rupert

:clap:                                              :clap:
        :clap:                                :clap:
               :clap:                  :clap:
                      :clap:    :clap:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

hmmm... how much hp does that have?

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: r0tor on March 19, 2010, 05:45:02 AM
is it swift?

It is extraordinarily swift. However, I have come to the conclusion that the 6-speed automatic does the car a great injustice. It may be a very good transmission, but it does not belong here.

Eye of the Tiger

I just got back from the Super Chevy show, drag, and autox.
I didn't get up early enough to enter the V3tt3, but it was a fun show. Pics later.

the Teuton

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 18, 2010, 12:21:28 PM
This is the only one I took with my crappy ifone. The rest are on my good camera.
This is at some gas station/restaurant/motel/? on CA-1, somewhere between San Francisco and Cambria.

That's pretty. Did you store the top in the car?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on March 21, 2010, 05:58:29 PM

Quote from: the Teuton on March 21, 2010, 05:58:29 PM

The top pops right off and sits in the trunk, leaving plenty of room for two backpacks and a cooler, and more.

AutobahnSHO

Want.

After I totalled my van last summer my insurance paid Mr. Enterprise to borrow an F-150. I was 5minutes late from getting an orange Eclipse, w/ stick. 

I do think I need to rent an awesome car this year.
Will

the Teuton

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 21, 2010, 06:15:35 PM
Want.

After I totalled my van last summer my insurance paid Mr. Enterprise to borrow an F-150. I was 5minutes late from getting an orange Eclipse, w/ stick. 

I do think I need to rent an awesome car this year.

Enterprise would never carry a stick car.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

sportyaccordy

Damn, this is an awesome thread. Wish you had more pics though

SVT666

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 21, 2010, 06:15:35 PM
Want.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have a stick.

QuoteI do think I need to rent an awesome car this year.
Lucky you then for not getting the Eclipse.  It's a POS.

the Teuton

Want to know a surprisingly underrated rental car? Hyundai Tiburon.

Eye of the Tiger

LAME, get ur Hyunday out of my V3tt3 thread!

the Teuton

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 21, 2010, 09:45:14 PM
LAME, get ur Hyunday out of my V3tt3 thread!

Your Vette has less pedals than my car, and it weighs almost 900 pounds more.

Rupert

And his Swift weighs even less. I don't think I see your point.

Eye of the Tiger

It's fun to let other people drive this thing. It does bring me joy to spread the good word of the V3tt3.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on March 21, 2010, 10:23:48 PM
And his Swift weighs even less. I don't think I see your point.

Im not sure whete I stand on this issue.

the Teuton

Will this thread get to 60 pages?

giant_mtb