2011 Ford Mustang V6: The Power & the Fuel-Sipping Glory

Started by Morris Minor, April 04, 2010, 03:39:10 PM

the Teuton

This is all about marketing, and no one cares about hp:lbs. except for enthusiasts.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

GoCougs

Power/weight ratio ain't the be-all and end-all by any means. Even if it is presumed there are no practical problems with poor traction or nanny TC systems, there are a whole host of other issues at play, most notably gearing and engine power band, and to a lesser extent, anything from wheel size to aerodynamics. In short, power/weight ratio is only a very loose approximation.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on April 07, 2010, 08:25:40 PM
I'm sure you're a nice guy and all but not only are you fraudulent you are a coward.
Fraudulent and cowardly?  I love how you throw words around without backing them up in any way at all like everyone is just supposed to take your word for it.  Care to explain these comments?

BTW, the coward here is you.  You refuse to meet anyone from the Spin and you refuse to test drive any cars that you talk about with such conviction.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on April 08, 2010, 10:37:17 AM
Power/weight ratio ain't the be-all and end-all by any means. Even if it is presumed there are no practical problems with poor traction or nanny TC systems, there are a whole host of other issues at play, most notably gearing and engine power band, and to a lesser extent, anything from wheel size to aerodynamics. In short, power/weight ratio is only a very loose approximation.
It's a very good indicator.  It's very seldom that the car that has to lug around more weight per horsepower is the faster car.  It does happen, but it's very few and far between.

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on April 08, 2010, 12:47:59 PM
Fraudulent and cowardly?  I love how you throw words around without backing them up in any way at all like everyone is just supposed to take your word for it.  Care to explain these comments?

BTW, the coward here is you.  You refuse to meet anyone from the Spin and you refuse to test drive any cars that you talk about with such conviction.

Yes, the whole 350Z 'vert issue; you were fraudulent in the source of your anger and your unrepentant use of straw man tactics, and too cowardly to admit that it all boils down to the different sides that we fall on in Mustang vs. Camaro.

The only person I've ever refused to meet is you, and it's because I think you're hostile. And my opinions need absolutely no justification. Don't like 'em, ignore 'em. 

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on April 08, 2010, 12:49:21 PM
It's a very good indicator.  It's very seldom that the car that has to lug around more weight per horsepower is the faster car.  It does happen, but it's very few and far between.

Not at all "very" few and far between. To use a vehicle noted in the article, the Hemi Ram and 5.7L Tundra are virtually identical in (peak) power/weight ratio yet the Tundra simply walks on the Ram - more than full second 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Careful review shows two primary issues: the Ram is hamstrung with an obscenely tall second gear and the Tundra 5.7L has a broader power band.

Another example is the GTR - 480 hp and 3,800 lbs. It utterly walks on cars with similar or better (peak) power/weight ratios - for example, the GT500. But as we know the advantage boils down to AWD, DSG, and killer launch control sequence.

Yet another example are VQ powered vehicles. Despite having 330 hp and 7sp AT, the G37 sedan either struggles and/or can't keep up with the 300hp/6sp IS350 or 335i. And per the recent test in the "Luxury" forum, the new M56 needed 40 more hp to run with the identically weight E550.

Yet another example is the pre-face lift S197 Mustang GT and the '11 Mustang V6. Virtually identical power/weight ratios yet the Mustang GT is the plainly quicker vehicle. This is attributable to at least a broader power band of the 4.6L V8.

There are probably more example than not of it being a good predictor of which would be the quicker vehicle, but it is far from being an authority. There are many, many, many exceptions.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on April 08, 2010, 01:02:27 PM
Yes, the whole 350Z 'vert issue; you were fraudulent in the source of your anger and your unrepentant use of straw man tactics, and too cowardly to admit that it all boils down to the different sides that we fall on in Mustang vs. Camaro.
No.  It started with that.  Other things, like your BS steadfast opinion on the 350Z's torsional rigidity add to it.  I've never claimed otherwise.

QuoteThe only person I've ever refused to meet is you, and it's because I think you're hostile. And my opinions need absolutely no justification. Don't like 'em, ignore 'em. 
Yeah?  The last real fight I was in was in Grade 6 and it was over a girl.  The last time I hit anyone was in Grade 11 when I had finally had enough of the bully in my school physically assaulting me everyday and I hit him...once.  Beyond that, I've never been hostile.  It's all in your head...cause damn, there's nothing else in there.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on April 08, 2010, 01:14:21 PM
Not at all "very" few and far between. To use a vehicle noted in the article, the Hemi Ram and 5.7L Tundra are virtually identical in (peak) power/weight ratio yet the Tundra simply walks on the Ram - more than full second 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Careful review shows two primary issues: the Ram is hamstrung with an obscenely tall second gear and the Tundra 5.7L has a broader power band.

Another example is the GTR - 480 hp and 3,800 lbs. It utterly walks on cars with similar or better (peak) power/weight ratios - for example, the GT500. But as we know the advantage boils down to AWD, DSG, and killer launch control sequence.

Yet another example are VQ powered vehicles. Despite having 330 hp and 7sp AT, the G37 sedan either struggles and/or can't keep up with the 300hp/6sp IS350 or 335i. And per the recent test in the "Luxury" forum, the new M56 needed 40 more hp to run with the identically weight E550.

Yet another example is the pre-face lift S197 Mustang GT and the '11 Mustang V6. Virtually identical power/weight ratios yet the Mustang GT is the plainly quicker vehicle. This is attributable to at least a broader power band of the 4.6L V8.

There are probably more example than not of it being a good predictor of which would be the quicker vehicle, but it is far from being an authority. There are many, many, many exceptions.
And when you consider how many cars are on the market, it is few and far between.  Gearing is a big deal, of course it is, and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.  But, weight/power ratio is a very good indicator 90% of the time.  By the way the 2011 Mustang V6 acceleration times have been pretty much on par with the 2005 Mustang GT with 300 hp.  Times for the 2005 GT range from 5.1-5.4 to 60 mph in different tests, and the V6 has been timed at 5.1-5.4 for the same feat in different tests.

SVT666

Chverolet announces more powerful Camaro V6 for 2011
04/08/2010, 12:10 PM
BY DREW JOHNSON

With the 2011 Ford Mustang V6 squarely in its aim, General Motors has announced a new and improved version of its Chevrolet Camaro V6 for the 2011 model year. The 2011 model features more horsepower and torque than the 2010 Camaro but, more important, also trumps the 305 horsepower 2011 Mustang V6.

For the 2011 model year, the V6 Chevy Camaro comes packing 312 horsepower and 278 lb-ft of torque. That?s up from the current car?s 304 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque.

?The 304 horsepower in the 2010 Camaro was actually a conservative rating on our end,? said Tom Sutter, GM V6 chief engineer. ?But we knew already that this award-winning engine produced at least the amount of power we stated, but now we?ve gone the extra step in certifying the engine for this application and have verified an additional 8 horsepower.?

The 2011 Mustang V6 currently holds a fuel economy advantage of the 2010 Camaro V6 ? 31mpg versus 29mpg, respectively ? but GM failed to mention if the updated Camaro will leapfrog the Mustang in efficiency. However, with fuel economy tops on buyers? minds, we suspect at least some improvement.

Other changes for the 2011 model year include the availability the Synergy Green exterior color on any Camaro model ? for $395 ? and the addition of a Head-Up Display system to the Camaro?s option list. Production of the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro will begin on June 7.

SVT666

Schadenfreude

Quote from: SVT666 on April 08, 2010, 05:05:17 PM
That just reeks of desperation.

I want to see what the fuel economy numbers before I make any conclusions.  If they managed to improve them, good for them.

SVT666

Quote from: Schadenfreude on April 08, 2010, 05:17:03 PM
I want to see what the fuel economy numbers before I make any conclusions.  If they managed to improve them, good for them.
There were no changes made to the engine.  They just gave it a new rating.

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on April 08, 2010, 02:20:20 PM
And when you consider how many cars are on the market, it is few and far between.  Gearing is a big deal, of course it is, and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.  But, weight/power ratio is a very good indicator 90% of the time.  By the way the 2011 Mustang V6 acceleration times have been pretty much on par with the 2005 Mustang GT with 300 hp.  Times for the 2005 GT range from 5.1-5.4 to 60 mph in different tests, and the V6 has been timed at 5.1-5.4 for the same feat in different tests.

Not at all, I could go on and and on just beyond those three examples. Just from my current edition of C&D as I thumb through the pages:

599 GTB: Same power/weight ratio as Z06 yet it is much quicker; DSG tranny, launch mode IIRC and a broader power band.

The TL; the base A/T 280 hp and M/T AWD 305 hp car have identical power/weight ratios, yet the latter has a full 1 second advantage 0-60 and 1/4 mile (Honda makes a terrible A/T when it comes to performance).

The 911 GT3: virtually identical power/weight ratio as the C6 yet has 0.5-0.7 second advantage 0-60 and 1/4 mile (which is HUGE with cars running in the 12s). Point to broader power band and better traction (rear engine).

Northlands

V6 , V8.. meh.. for 2011, I'll be test driving or renting both versions of this Mustang and I expect I will be quite pleased with both iterations. This sounds like a pretty badass 6.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

S204STi

I'll still take a turbo-four over a comparable 6 (I just love the surge of a turbo, but YMMV), but there aren't many turbo-fours any longer that can keep up.  I think that at sea-level I'd be outrun by a V6 mustang.  It would be about even at my current altitude.  Even an STI or EVO, costing more than 33k out the door in most cases, wouldn't be much quicker if at all in everyday driving at sea level. 

Northlands

People will be finding ways to boost output of these 'stang and 'maro V6's before you know it. The 4 cyl modder crowd won't be laughing at the entry level pony cars anymore. ( at least not in a straight line..  :lol: )

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.

S204STi

Yeah, anymore we will soon be getting to the point that people sort of just give the WRX/STI and Evo a token nod of respect and then blow your doors off. :(

Hell, I had a hard time keeping up with a fuckin' Maxima the other day. :cry:

Meh, it's still fun to drive anyhow, and in traffic I never get to really max it out anyway so it's all wasted potential.

Schadenfreude

Quote from: SVT666 on April 08, 2010, 05:25:08 PM
There were no changes made to the engine.  They just gave it a new rating.

Are you sure?  I mean, they could've changed the tune or something along those lines.  Besides, aren't the HP ratings SAE certified now?  They had to do something to increase the number, no?

MX793

Quote from: Schadenfreude on April 08, 2010, 09:44:15 PM
Are you sure?  I mean, they could've changed the tune or something along those lines.  Besides, aren't the HP ratings SAE certified now?  They had to do something to increase the number, no?

SAE Certified doesn't mean you can't slightly under-rate the engine.  They went back and convinced themselves, and the SAE, that they could justify rating it slightly higher than they did originally.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Rich

Quote from: MX793 on April 09, 2010, 04:13:51 AM
SAE Certified doesn't mean you can't slightly under-rate the engine.  They went back and convinced themselves, and the SAE, that they could justify rating it slightly higher than they did originally.

Was the 2010 rating SAE certified?  I just read on car and driver that "Chevrolet says its original numbers were conservative and that these new ones are SAE-certified."
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Nethead

Quote from: HotRodPilot on April 09, 2010, 04:22:03 AM
Was the 2010 rating SAE certified?  I just read on car and driver that "Chevrolet says its original numbers were conservative and that these new ones are SAE-certified."

And now they want the SAE to certify 17 ounces as a Camaro pound so they can reduce the weight of the Camaro without having to do anything more than they did to the V6 that they now want the SAE to certify at 312 HP :praise:.
So many stairs...so little time...

MX793

Quote from: HotRodPilot on April 09, 2010, 04:22:03 AM
Was the 2010 rating SAE certified?  I just read on car and driver that "Chevrolet says its original numbers were conservative and that these new ones are SAE-certified."

IIRC, GM was one of the first automakers to fully adopt the "SAE Certified" process for their power ratings when it first came out a few years back with the revision to standard J1349.  I suppose it's possible that one wasn't "certified".  I do know that there is a 1% tolerance range that manufacturer's are given that allow them to stray from what the engine that is actually tested produces.  So if the motor puts out 305 hp during the test in front of the 3rd party certification witness, the manufacturer may rate that engine anywhere between 302 and 308 hp and still claim "SAE Certified".
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Morris Minor

I would like to see this measure in every road test & review. It makes a lot of sense.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Nethead

www.autoblog.com has this brief V6 brief & audio--that V6 is LOUD:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/03/video-2011-ford-mustang-with-305-hp-v6-gets-seen-and-heard-in-m/#continued

Here's the full www.autoblog.com article (sans pics) on the 2011 Mustang:

Revealed: 2011 Ford MustangNew V-6 Engine Pumps 305 HP, Gets 30 MPG
Posted: Nov, 30 2009  |  By: Chris Paukert

It would be reasonable to expect that Ford might pass over the Mustang and instead devote more attention to its other models since it's fresh off a comprehensive revamp for the 2010 model year. However, that's not what is shaping up in the House That Henry Built.

For 2011, the Blue Oval is introducing a new 3.7-liter V6 Mustang that should give it the firepower and refinement needed to take on Chevrolet's six-cylinder Camaro and Hyundai's upstart Genesis Coupe. But it isn't just the spanking all-aluminum powerplant and its 305 horsepower and 280 foot-pounds of torque that's making the scene for the forthcoming model year. In addition to the Cleveland-sourced mill, there are a pair of fresh gearboxes, a new V6 performance package, and a host of nip/tucks to the interior and elsewhere.

Now, we could grouse on behalf of 2010 MY 'Stang owners everywhere that these upgrades weren't part of last year's mid-life updo, but instead, we'll just be happy that these advancements are arriving at all.

Despite being smaller than the outgoing 4.0-liter V6, the dual-overhead cam 3.7-liter's horsepower and torque ratings represent massive improvements over the 2010 model (305 HP dismisses 210 HP and 280 lb-ft. plays 240 torques). In fact, that's more horsepower than the 4.6-liter V8 Mustang made just a few years ago. While the 305-horse figure only allows the Mustang to pip the crosstown Camaro by a single all-important stallion in the pony car bragging wars, Ford says the powertrain will be good for 30 miles-per-gallon on the highway when paired with its new six-speed automatic, also one notch better than the Chevy.

That impressive fuel economy figure isn't just the result of the new engine -- a suite of new pieces have been developed in order to maximize performance, including a revised air intake, a pair of new six-speed transmissions (both automatic and manual), electric power steering, and even some aerodynamic tidying, including a revised front fascia, deeper front air dam, rear-wheel tire spats, different underbody shields, and a new rear decklid seal.

The Heart Transplant

Despite those incremental improvements, the centerpiece of the 2011 Mustang is obviously the 24-valve Duratec V6, and it includes Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) and polished buckets and roller finger followers in the direct-acting mechanical bucket valvetrain, among other features. Ford officials promise that V6 buyers won't miss the roar of the V8's extra cylinders thanks to a retuned air intake and throaty standard dual exhaust. At the sneak-peek event for this new Mustang motor, Autoblog had the chance to hear the new engine fire up and rev -- and it indeed sounds sporty and purposeful. To be fair, however, we only heard the powertrain briefly in an enclosed space (a large development garage on Ford's Dearborn campus), so we'll have to wait until it's out in the open and we're behind the wheel to really get a feel for the 3.7's aural character. Other noteworthy features of the drivetrain include a deep-sump aluminum oil pan that enables less-frequent 10,000-mile oil change intervals and a 7,000-RPM redline.

On the transmission front, Ford has fitted a new six-speed 6R60 automatic with hill-start assist that allows for the 30 MPG highway bogey, as well as 19 MPG in the urban cycle (a 25 percent improvement over the 2010's 16 mpg city / 24 mpg highway figures). Prefer to shift for yourself? Expect fuel economy to suffer an iota for your enjoyment, with numbers for the six-speed manual falling to 18/29 (2010 MY: 18/26).

Naturally, with an all-new powertrain and its differing weight properties, Ford's engineers also had to turn their attention to the suspension. To that end, the 2011 V6 gets new damper and spring rates, a different rear lower control arm, and stiffer stabilizer bar bushings.

A More Electrifying Steer?

We always get a bit nervous when vehicles move to electronic power steering. Such systems may improve performance by lowering parasitic drag on the engine, but they rarely do any favors for steering feel. Ford assures us that they've worked hard to build a robust "feedback loop" into the system, but again, we'll have to wait and see for ourselves. In the meantime, we'll remain curious about how effective Ford's so-called Pull-Drift Compensation system is at accounting for road crowns and crosswinds, not to mention the amusingly named Active Nibble Control, which apparently helps to exorcise high-speed vibrations caused by wheel balance issues and warped brake rotors. And about those brakes -- they're bigger. 12.5-inches in front and 11.8-inchers out back have been borrowed from the GT's parts bin, and there's also a standard limited-slip differential to help get the V6 model's newfound power to the ground.

What V6 Mustang are we most eager to drive? The new Performance Package model, which is scheduled to go on sale next August, as it promises to provide increased grip and go. For starters, the Perf Pack borrows the uprated front struts and rear shocks/springs from the V8 GT model, along with its thicker front and rear anti-roll bars and the rear lower control arms from the Shelby GT500. Also included is a 3.31 axle ratio for better acceleration, model-specific 19-inch alloys wrapped in Pirelli summer rubber, more lenient stability control programming with a dedicated sport mode, as well as a strut tower brace and the usual assortment of badges.

How will street spotters identify the new V6 Mustang? If the dual exhaust isn't enough of a tip-off, you'll probably have to check the glass. For 2011, all Mustangs get nifty integrated blind-spot mirrors -- and if you peek inside the driver's side window, you might catch a glimpse of the new-look instrument cluster which features a 160 MPH speedo and an 8,000-RPM tach.

How Much -- and What's Next?

Ford has yet to release any performance estimates or pricing, but despite the big jump in power and content, we don't expect pricing to increase dramatically. Given that the augmented V6 nearly shades the current 4.6-liter V8's horsepower figure (and the fact that the latter engine is comprehensively outgunned by the Camaro SS' 6.2-liter engine's 426 hp and 420 pound-feet of torque, it's no surprise that a new V8 engine is rumored, and we fully expect to see it before this domestic auto show season is out.

The takeaway from all of this? For those who thought that the rekindled pony car wars reached a fever pitch this year with the advent of the refreshed Mustang, long-awaited Camaro and still-warm Dodge Challenger, well ... we ain't seen nothin' yet.

Nethead

From www.autoblog.com, a first for the new Mustang V6:

2011 Ford Mustang V6 rated 31 mpg highway, most efficient 300+ HP car ever
by John Neff (RSS feed) on Mar 4th 2010 at 12:01 AM

The pony car wars are about one-upsmanship if nothing else. The Ford Mustang held court for years while Chevrolet and Dodge had their horses on hiatus, but times have changed. The new Camaro has been whaling on the Mustang ever since its return, beating the Ford in sales for nine months straight and offering a range engines that are at once more powerful and efficient than the Blue Oval's aging mills. Advantage: Camaro.  But that was then.

The Mustang, however, received a nicely executed redesign for its 2010 model year and, as is Ford's way, the automaker waited another model year to introduce its new range of engines. You already know all about the return of the storied 5.0 moniker on this year's new Mustang GT. You also know that the V6 model is replacing its Civil War era 4.0-liter engine with a more powerful and efficient 3.7-liter. Powerful as in 305 horsepower, but how efficient? We didn't know before but we do now. The 2011 Ford Mustang V6 will achieve 19 miles per gallon in the city and, more noteworthy, 31 mpg on the highway.

The V6 model's rating of 31 mpg highway (when paired with the six-speed auto mind you, the manual version achieves 30 mpg) is noteworthy because, well, it's 2 mpg more than the slightly less powerful 304-hp Camaro V6. Also, it's a record for being the first 300+ hp vehicle to be officially rated at 30 mpg or more. Wow, think about that. It's never been done before. Sure, the new Mustang V6 is only marginally more powerful and efficient than its Camaro counterpart, but clawing above that 30 mpg mark will no doubt get Ford's thoroughbred some extra ink in the press.

Follow the jump for Ford's official press release on the matter, in which it explains a little more how those magic numbers were achieved (Spoiler: aerodynamics, super smart six-speed auto and electric power assisted steering).

[Source: Ford]
NEW MUSTANG WITH 305 HP CERTIFIED AT 31 MPG HIGHWAY; MAKES HISTORY AS FIRST CAR WITH 300+ HP AND 30+ MPG
New 2011 Ford Mustang V-6 final fuel economy certified by EPA this week at 31 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city
On sale this spring, Mustang with new 3.7-liter V-6 achieves 305 hp with available six-speed automatic transmission; first car ever to achieve 300-plus horsepower and 30-plus mpg
The new Mustang already has more than 11,000 orders, half for the new V-6

DEARBORN, Mich., March 4, 2010 ? The 2011 Ford Mustang today breaks new ground, cracking the record books as not only the most fuel-efficient Mustang ever, but also the first production car in history to produce more than 300 horsepower and more than 30 mpg highway.

The Mustang's official EPA ratings ? completed this week ? certify that models equipped with the 305-hp 3.7-liter V-6 and available six-speed automatic transmission achieve 31 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city. The standard six-speed manual transmission is rated at 30 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city.

Mustang is powered by a lightweight, all-aluminum 3.7-liter dual-overhead-cam (DOHC) V-6 engine that uses advanced engineering to deliver its combination of power and economy. Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) adjusts the valvetrain in microseconds depending on driver inputs, further contributing to the engine's overall efficiency.

The fact that Mustang achieves its top fuel economy rating with the convenience of an automatic transmission also marks a shift in conventional wisdom. Ford engineered a modern six-speed automatic transmission with carefully calibrated gear ratios and shift programs to maximize economy, while still delivering high-horsepower driving fun.

"Advanced powertrains like our Ti-VCT V-6 and six-speed automatic really speak to the future of Mustang," says Barb Samardzich, Ford vice president of Global Powertrain Engineering. "We've proven that, using technology, Ford can deliver both power and fuel economy."

In addition to engine improvements, upgrades to Mustang's body, powertrain and chassis design contribute to the higher fuel economy numbers for 2011. Examples include:
New Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS) system eliminates the drag of an engine-operated hydraulic power steering pump
Six-speed manual and automatic transmissions allow lower cruising revs without sacrificing off-the-line performance
Aerodynamic changes include improvements like a new front fascia, tire spats on the rear wheels, modified underbody shields, a taller air dam and an added rear decklid seal

The new 2011 Mustang already has more than 11,000 orders. Half of all the nationwide orders are for the car's fuel-efficient 3.7-liter V-6 engine. The 2011 Mustangs are also being equipped with record levels of technology, giving customers the option of choosing navigation, high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps and rearview cameras.

The new 2011 Mustang goes on sale this spring and will be built at the AutoAlliance International Plant in Flat Rock, Mich.

SVT666

WTF was the point in posting those two articles?  There is absolutely nothing new there.

Laconian

The V6 sounds like nothing special in that video clip. Vreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Northlands

Maybe he's just excited.  :huh: :lol:

That engine sounds better than I expected it to. Still doesn't match what those lovely Nissans sound like though.

Nethead

Quote from: SVT666 on April 09, 2010, 11:49:56 AM
WTF was the point in posting those two articles?  There is absolutely nothing new there.

Mannnnnn, no matter where you go the Royal Canadian Hemi Police tracks you down... :pullover:

Northlands

Quote from: Laconian on April 09, 2010, 12:21:11 PM
The V6 sounds like nothing special in that video clip. Vreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........

Listen to the older models. Yikes. :facepalm: