**CKED My Car Up Last Night :facepalm:

Started by Colonel Cadillac, April 12, 2010, 01:54:35 PM

Rupert

Well, shit, what else can I say? He makes my argument for me. :huh:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

GoCougs

Tave did correctly (as usual) slice it and dice it. Rupert/Psilos in his typical taunting of rich kids has a point too for a change.

However, in the end I think it is mostly as admitted By "Colonel Cadillac" - just a young guy fishing for attention in the context of a someone who never has to worry about money.

It could be worse - he could be trying to tell us he bought a European-delivery 335i and had it flown over from Germany...

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Rupert

dazzleman

Quote from: Rupert on April 16, 2010, 07:59:26 PM
Only to nonsensical people.

Very true.  Your points make sense only to nonsensical people such as yourself.... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Rupert

dazzleman

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: GoCougs on April 16, 2010, 11:13:00 AM
Tave did correctly (as usual) slice it and dice it. Rupert/Psilos in his typical taunting of rich kids has a point too for a change.

However, in the end I think it is mostly as admitted By "Colonel Cadillac" - just a young guy fishing for attention in the context of a someone who never has to worry about money.

It could be worse - he could be trying to tell us he bought a European-delivery 335i and had it flown over from Germany...

This is unbelievable, "young guy fishing for attention in the context of a someone who never has to worry about money."

You have it all wrong, yet you will never see it that way as you are THE most closed minded person I have ever come across, ever.

I was in NO WAY "fishing for attention." I was talking about my car on a car forum, and the resulting backlash and personal analyzation is very disconcerting. Why talk about cars at all, or better yet, present my opinion at all? It's just going to be dismissed as it will be "in the context of someone who has never had to worry about money."

On another note, you people talk about money and consider it in your perspectives of all situations far too much. Some people have it, some people do not. It is not necessary to constantly bring it up, it's rude and getting to be very irritating. Haven't you been taught not to talk about other how much money other people have?  

This "I'm better than God" attitude a lot of you have is starting to get extraordinarily old and turning me off from this forum. Have a good day.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 17, 2010, 12:01:00 PM

This "I'm better than God" attitude a lot of you have is starting to get extraordinarily old and turning me off from this forum. Have a good day.

+4

Cougs is a fucknut.

CJ

"On another note, you people talk about money and consider it in your perspectives of all situations far too much. "

You were frustrated when I said that I didn't want to go to my HS prom because it was too expensive.   :rolleyes:

Tave

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 17, 2010, 12:01:00 PM
I was in NO WAY "fishing for attention." I was talking about my car on a car forum, and the resulting backlash and personal analyzation is very disconcerting.

Then maybe don't post intimate emails between you and your parents on said forum?

Just a thought. :huh:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Rupert

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

GoCougs

Uh, c'mon guys - haven't yet known that one of the few Immutable Laws of Human Interaction is the more convoluted and/or angry the refutation the more likely the "harmed" agrees and/or knows what has been said is true?

You're not not necessarily lying but the veracity of the retort screams, "YES, YOU ARE CORRECT!" whether you consciously agree with it or not. Just FFT for your future Internetry and life in general.

giant_mtb

Quote from: GoCougs on April 17, 2010, 01:43:21 PM
Uh, c'mon guys - haven't yet known that one of the few Immutable Laws of Human Interaction is the more convoluted and/or angry the refutation the more likely the "harmed" agrees and/or knows what has been said is true?

That's a mindfuck of grammatical/semantic shittiness, my friend.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: GoCougs on April 17, 2010, 01:43:21 PM

You're not not necessarily lying but the veracity of the retort screams, "YES, YOU ARE CORRECT!" whether you consciously agree with it or not. Just FFT for your future Internetry and life in general.

Cougsycology Fail

TurboDan

Charlie, since we have essentially the same car, have the body shop look at the air box. It should be positioned right in the space where the car is hit. If your engine is running "funny," this could be an important reason why. That's exactly where my car got hit a couple weeks ago and one of the things that is required is a new air box.

FWIW, the damage is almost identical to my car's. The bill here is looking to be $5900, but luckily since the other driver was at fault her insurance is paying for it. On another note, turns out the lady is in a special state-sponsored "pool" of high risk, uninsurable drivers due to all her accidents and tickets. Can I get a facepalm, anyone?

TurboDan

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 14, 2010, 08:54:25 PM
So I talked to the guy at the body shop today. The estimate is $5700--about half labor half parts, so that's a solid amount less than I thought it could be.

Ha, didn't read this post before I typed the last one. My Passat has almost the identical damage and I got a $5900 quote.

TurboDan

Quote from: Rupert on April 14, 2010, 09:45:24 PM
LOL

Can I save this as an example of Spoiled Rich Kids Syndrome?

I'm pretty sure that statistically, poor people are involved in way more accidents.  :huh:

the Teuton

Quote from: TurboDan on April 17, 2010, 02:03:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that statistically, poor people are involved in way more accidents.  :huh:

I gotta call bull on this one.

1) Rich people can pay it off under the radar without insurance reporting.
2) Rich people don't drive 124 hp, 15-year-old economy cars.
3) Rich people drive BMWs and Audis, and they're typically regarded as pricks.
4) When you have to fathom the thought of how much something would cost or factor in that your parents would likely take you off their insurance if you did something stupid instead of just letting it slide, you typically care more about how you drive.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Tave

Quote from: TurboDan on April 17, 2010, 02:03:16 PM

He was talking about the S-line comments, not the accident itself.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

GoCougs

TurboDan has it correct - the very same irresponsible/lack-of-discipline mindset that prevails amongst the poor that leads to obesity, smoking, alcoholism, illicit drug use, crime, etc., also makes people bad drivers.

Also of note most insurance companies factor into your car insurance rates your level of education, your career and your credit score. After one falls below a certain (fairly low) point one's rates start to increase.

Submariner

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on April 15, 2010, 12:54:38 PM
"really thinking about..."

You're training to be a lawyer, thinking is not doing. Two entirely different actions. No reasonable doubt there.

Intent can be tried as a crime, you know...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: GoCougs on April 17, 2010, 02:18:01 PM
TurboDan has it correct - the very same irresponsible/lack-of-discipline mindset that prevails amongst the poor that leads to obesity, smoking, alcoholism, illicit drug use, crime, etc., also makes people bad drivers.

Also of note most insurance companies factor into your car insurance rates your level of education, your career and your credit score. After one falls below a certain (fairly low) point one's rates start to increase.

Quote from: Submariner on April 17, 2010, 02:21:55 PM
Intent can be tried as a crime, you know...

Well, it seems that Colonel Cadillac is just a poor person trapped in a rich boy body. :popcorn:

the Teuton

Cougs, I drive an $800 car I bought myself, don't have a college education yet, and don't really have too much credit to speak of, yet I have no accidents to my name over the span of almost 6 years of driving. Please explain your theory because I think you're full of shit. Same with Dan.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on April 17, 2010, 02:24:22 PM
Cougs, I drive an $800 car I bought myself, don't have a college education yet, and don't really have too much credit to speak of, yet I have no accidents to my name over the span of almost 6 years of driving. Please explain your theory because I think you're full of shit. Same with Dan.

College student = different kind of poor. You'll be rich, someday.

Submariner

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 17, 2010, 01:47:04 PM
That's a mindfuck of grammatical/semantic shittiness, my friend.

Seems straightforward enough to me.   :huh:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

the Teuton

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 17, 2010, 02:25:38 PM
College student = different kind of poor. You'll be rich, someday.

The social welfare/Aynd Rand diatribe doesn't apply to everything. It can't.