Citroen Metropolis Concept!

Started by 2o6, April 18, 2010, 06:44:50 PM

2o6

Drool.  :wub:

It's supposed to debut at the Shanghai Auto Show next week.

MX793

Very nice.  Almost looks like a Fisker or Callum design.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

mzziaz

Promising.

Possible replacement for the C6?
Cuore Sportivo

Raza

With a little production car cleanup, this thing could look really, really good.  It's a bit fussy now, but that's to be expected with a concept. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

AltinD

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

cawimmer430

Friggin hot.  :rockon:

Citroen is on a roll.  :clap:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

According to autoblog, this car is almost 18 feet long and 6.5 feet wide.  :mask:

Submariner

Quote from: 2o6 on April 19, 2010, 09:48:03 AM
According to autoblog, this car is almost 18 feet long and 6.5 feet wide.  :mask:

It should do just fine on European roads, then.

I see this not so much as a production ready design, as an indicator for future cars from Citroen.

It looks great - a radical departure from the C6 (which looks bland, and quite honestly (frankly, for Greg) poorly executed)
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

omicron

Hello - that looks very promising indeed. I look forward to seeing the real thing.

Hachee

Raza said it well - looks great, just needs to ditch the fussy detailing.  I would love to see just one modern concept, especially from Citroen, which uses rear fender skirts, or something close.  While old fashioned because these used to be common, I still think they're futuristic looking, especially since they cut down on drag.  For SM fans, check out this feature from JalopnikL

http://jalopnik.com/5516042/citron-sm-the-history-of-the-140+mph-french-supersled

Not that Citroen should do a retro version of this, but so much of it is so modern that I have no doubt a new car can recall some of this look and just look unbelievably great.

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Submariner on April 19, 2010, 09:54:08 AM
It should do just fine on European roads, then.

I see this not so much as a production ready design, as an indicator for future cars from Citroen.

It looks great - a radical departure from the C6 (which looks bland, and quite honestly (frankly, for Greg) poorly executed)

C6?  Bland?  :facepalm:

2o6

Quote from: Hachee on April 19, 2010, 10:35:33 AM
Raza said it well - looks great, just needs to ditch the fussy detailing.  I would love to see just one modern concept, especially from Citroen, which uses rear fender skirts, or something close.  While old fashioned because these used to be common, I still think they're futuristic looking, especially since they cut down on drag.  For SM fans, check out this feature from JalopnikL

http://jalopnik.com/5516042/citron-sm-the-history-of-the-140+mph-french-supersled

Not that Citroen should do a retro version of this, but so much of it is so modern that I have no doubt a new car can recall some of this look and just look unbelievably great.

Retro is so un-french.

2o6

omicron

Yes. Very BMW Concept CS, and that's a good thing.

MrH

A little busy.  Those wheels are hideous too.

Besides that, I like it.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV