Carspin Member COTY - submissions

Started by Eye of the Tiger, April 19, 2010, 07:51:44 PM

Raza

Quote from: BimmerM3 on April 22, 2010, 01:55:30 PM
Yeah, I got it about two and a half weeks after I turned 16. It's a lot better since it's been lowered and even better since I put proper shocks on it, but I still don't really love the car. It kind of lacks personality.

I'd love to get some rimz for it, but it's not worth the price, especially when you consider that the price of tires would increase too.

I'm probably going to do the Koni FSDs on my Jetta at the beginning of the summer, around the time I get new tires.  I'm hesitant because I really love driving the car, but with the FSDs, you're not supposed to lose ride quality, just gain better body control when you're pushing it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ChrisV

For me stopping at one car would be like telling a painter that oince he painted his first painting, he was done painting anything. or telling a sculptor that his first statue woudl be the only one he can/should ever sculpt. Or telling a musician that after the first song, that's it. Same song forever.

My cars are my cars. As close to family they get would be like children that are raised and sent off to the world.

My family is my family.

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on April 22, 2010, 02:29:51 PM
My family is my family.

Never much cared for my family.  Cars are like pets.  Unconditional love. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=21821.msg1312802#msg1312802 date=1271967544
It's funny; when I had the Passat, all I could think of was replacing it.  And when I was getting rid of it, I missed it like hell.  I still do.  It was like a friend.  Actually it was a better friend than most. 
I don't know if I'll get an attachment with the RX-8 or not. First of all a car must be trouble free for me to start liking it that much. Last thing I want to do after working on cars all day is come home and work on my car. If it's half as reliable as the MX-5 then I probably will. That MX-5 is 20 years old and well over 200K and has only really needed 2-3 clutch slave cylinders put on it. They go out like clock work on the NA's.

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on April 22, 2010, 02:33:17 PM
Never much cared for my family.  Cars are like pets.  Unconditional love. 

Obviously you've never owned a British or Italian car... ;)

And when I talk about Family, I talk about my wife and stepson. The rest of the people I'm related to are on the other side of the country and I don't have to interact with them.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on April 23, 2010, 08:27:28 AM

And when I talk about Family, I talk about my wife and stepson. The rest of the people I'm related to are on the other side of the country and I don't have to interact with them.

:lol:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

hotrodalex

Quote from: ChrisV on April 22, 2010, 10:33:18 AM
Comet (same basic car), and I don't count it right now as it's torn apart. :(

Dang, I said that at first but second guessed myself and edited it to say Falcon. :lol:

hotrodalex

I'll probably never get rid of my Camaro, and probably the same with my El Camino. You can bet I'll have more cars though. I might right now if I had room in the driveway.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Rupert

Quote from: ChrisV on April 23, 2010, 08:27:28 AM

x 500,000
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Speed_Racer

How did I miss this thread? You all have some nice rides!  :clap: Anyways...my turn!

1986 MR2

Mods: All original except for: front tower brace, rear rollbar retrofit, CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, and the limited edition New England weight reduction package (fender rust, and squirrels ate my soundproofing)

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Speed_Racer on April 24, 2010, 03:53:18 AM
How did I miss this thread? You all have some nice rides!  :clap: Anyways...my turn!

1986 MR2

Mods: All original except for: front tower brace, rear rollbar retrofit, CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, and the limited edition New England weight reduction package (fender rust, and squirrels ate my soundproofing)
:clap: I had a '85 with the same package!  :lol:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide