Pics: 06 Yaris

Started by ifcar, August 29, 2005, 05:25:28 PM

ifcar

Tom

Well, it's ugly :)   Any chance we'll get it?

Raghavan

not bad, interior looks alright.

BMWDave

I've actually seen multiple Yari that are in from Canada...the current Yaris looks a lot better, I dont like this at all.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

QuoteWell, it's ugly :)   Any chance we'll get it?
It's a possibility for 07 as the Echo replacement.

ifcar

QuoteI've actually seen multiple Yari that are in from Canada...the current Yaris looks a lot better, I dont like this at all.
In Canada it's badged as the Echo hatchback, not the Yaris.  

BMWDave

QuoteI've actually seen multiple Yari that are in from Canada...the current Yaris looks a lot better, I dont like this at all.
I know, I didnt want to have to explain that all in my post.

(Damn, youre on the ball, I knew you'd say that :D )

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

So you planned this, that you'd make a vague/inaccurate statement that I could clarify/correct, so you could respond to it. That's where your post count comes from, it's not just all the new threads.  <_<

And you'll be able to respond to this, too, and it'll probably just be a smilie. You have that post count thing down, don't you?

Raghavan

So you planned this, that you'd make a vague/inaccurate statement that I could clarify/correct, so you could respond to it. That's where your post count comes from, it's not just all the new threads.  <_<

And you'll be able to respond to this, too, and it'll probably just be a smilie. You have that post count thing down, don't you?
Holy shit! Iffy's got Bob's whoring method uncovered! Goddamn!
Nice job iffy. :praise:
And you were blaming me, bob. :rolleyes:  

BMWDave

I cant tell if youre serious or not.  If you are serious, I think thats asinine of you, and if you arent, I apologize for my above statement.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

I cant tell if youre serious or not.  If you are serious, I think thats asinine of you, and if you arent, I apologize for my above statement.
Not entirely serious, let's leave it at that.  ;)

Possible pics of the Yaris sedan, which would be our 07 Echo if it comes:

BMWDave

I see a lot of Avensis styling in this car, but it somehow looks bloated,a lthough it is certainly better than the current Echo.

2007 Honda S2000

Catman

Time to refill the prescription.  ;)  

Catman

Damn, when will these manufacturers stop playing around with the gauge location!  Having them in the middle of the dash does not work! <_<  

ifcar

QuoteDamn, when will these manufacturers stop playing around with the gauge location!  Having them in the middle of the dash does not work! <_<
Except for people afraid to get used to them, they work fine. If they're done right (they aren't here, not angled and missing a tach and fuel gauge). And they are very common in Japan, and increasingly so in Europe.  

Catman

QuoteDamn, when will these manufacturers stop playing around with the gauge location!  Having them in the middle of the dash does not work! <_<
Except for people afraid to get used to them, they work fine. If they're done right (they aren't here, not angled and missing a tach and fuel gauge). And they are very common in Japan, and increasingly so in Europe.
Seems like they just changed it to be different and it's certainly not an improvement.

bobwill

QuoteDamn, when will these manufacturers stop playing around with the gauge location!  Having them in the middle of the dash does not work! <_<
eh hehm
According to this autoweek article, Toyota's studies have shown that center mounted gauges are better. :)
QuoteToyota favoring center-mounted controls, argues ease of use for drivers
JAMES B. TREECE | Automotive News
Posted Date: 10/4/04
TOYOTA CITY, Japan -- Attention Toyota dealers: You soon may have to sell skeptical shoppers on the benefits of looking for the speedometer atop the center of the instrument panel, rather than behind the steering wheel.

Toyota Motor Corp. argues that the high, center location for the instrument cluster is easier to use for a wider range of drivers.

Moving the gauges is just one of a number of changes that Toyota is introducing as part of a push to incorporate so-called "universal design" principles.

Toyota insists that it will be flexible in locating the gauges according to universal design. In other words, it won't repeat BMW AG's insistence that drivers adjust to its iDrive instrument controls.

But already, the cluster of gauges are on the center of the instrument panel in one-half of Toyota's vehicles sold in Japan.

"We don't think there is only one approach" to improving the driver's visual perception of instrument gauges, says Tadao Okumura, a project manager in the design development department. Toyota could use center-mounted gauges, head-up displays or just make the gauges larger, depending on the target buyer, he says.

But older drivers have more difficulty seeing objects that are close, Okumura says.

Research is mixed on the value of high, center-mounted gauges. It takes "a couple of months, maybe" for the average driver to become fully accustomed to center-mounted displays, says Toshiyasu Asai, general manager of Denso Corp.'s body electronics components engineering department. He cites in-house studies as evidence.

Okumura counters that it is "rather easy" for drivers to become accustomed to center-mounted gauges. He says Toyota has not had any negative customer feedback regarding its center-mounted displays.

Suppliers such as Visteon Corp. have promoted center-mounted displays as a cost-saving measure. Such instrument panels do not need to be redesigned for right- vs. left-hand drive markets.

Toyota says it has other motivations. Its universal design efforts are aimed at making cars easier for everyone to use. Much of the effort is clearly aimed at Japan's aging population.

An estimated 19.5 percent of Japan's population is over age 65.
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=100953

Catman

Sorry, I don't buy their reasoning.  Look at that dash.  I think it has more to do with changing the configuration from right to left hand drive.  They could use the same upper dash and save some cash. ;)  

ifcar

But most of the center-mounted gauge clusters now are off-center swoops, the dash has to be changed anyway.

Minpin

QuoteDamn, when will these manufacturers stop playing around with the gauge location!? Having them in the middle of the dash does not work! <_<
Seems like they just changed it to be different and it's certainly not an improvement.
Actually in my sisters ION its actually quite good once you get used to it. I will admit at first I was like WTF but now it is nice, i dont know why but I like it.  B)  :rockon:  
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

bobwill

QuoteBut most of the center-mounted gauge clusters now are off-center swoops, the dash has to be changed anyway.
Not to mention passenger side airbags, steering gear, and all that assorted junk that is running under the plastic.

ifcar

Right. A center-mounted gauge cluster will not give much savings, if any.

CaseyNPham

Hehe, it's like a cute little mini car. The ones Ifcar posted look a lot nicer though. The headlights look GS-y and the grille is Mazda-ish. The first one could do with a longer hood.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Colonel Cadillac

I saw a really cool episode of Top Gear when they played soccer with a giant soccer ball with about 14 Yari and 12 different drivers (who I don't remember, but seemed important) in addition to the young guy and the older fatter guy driving. That looked like SOO much fun!

thewizard16

QuoteI saw a really cool episode of Top Gear when they played soccer with a giant soccer ball with about 14 Yari and 12 different drivers (who I don't remember, but seemed important) in addition to the young guy and the older fatter guy driving. That looked like SOO much fun!
That would be fun. A lot of fun. If I'm ever inexplicably wealthy, I'll have a car soccer field and do that kind of thing.  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

CaseyNPham

QuoteI saw a really cool episode of Top Gear when they played soccer with a giant soccer ball with about 14 Yari and 12 different drivers (who I don't remember, but seemed important) in addition to the young guy and the older fatter guy driving. That looked like SOO much fun!
That would be fun. A lot of fun. If I'm ever inexplicably wealthy, I'll have a car soccer field and do that kind of thing.
If I were that wealthy, I'd use that space for a little showroom for my Maseratis ^_^
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

thewizard16

If I were that wealthy, I'd use that space for a little showroom for my Maseratis ^_^
Nice cars, but they don't do a whole lot for me.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

cawimmer430

I "liked" the previous version better: and that one was no beauty either.  :o  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie