"Vomit or diarrhea?"
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

ifcar

Quote from: Submariner on June 06, 2010, 07:30:40 PM
*Elantra? 

There's an "Elantra Touring" wagon, but haven't had a hatchback since 06.

2o6

Quote from: ifcar on June 06, 2010, 07:33:22 PM
There's an "Elantra Touring" wagon, but haven't had a hatchback since 06.

Maybe it wasn't all that recent, then.

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on June 06, 2010, 09:19:18 PM
Maybe it wasn't all that recent, then.

His accident was just a few months ago.

2o6

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on June 06, 2010, 09:27:18 PM

Rent-A-Wreck?

Do you really thing Submariner is someone who would use Rent-A-Wreck, especially on the dime of another driver's insurance?

Submariner

I Guess I fail.

It was a 5 door (I think) Korean snoozebox.  Everything that people on these forums hate about the Corolla was amplified ten fold on it.  Just the fact that I cannot remember it's exact make and model should tell you what a nightmare it was.  Imagine driving a pudding snack pack on wheels - it just kind of went in a direction at and when presented with another, would slowly jiggle over until it got to where I wanted it - truly dreadful. 

It could have been a Kia for all I know.  I only had it for a little while until I decided to borrow my dads/girlfriends car for the duration. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

BimmerM3

2o6

The Elantra is a nice vehicle, especially in 5-door GT trim.

GoCougs

For practical purposes? PT Cruiser - with a better drive train (especially engine) it would have been a world class car.

For fun? Cadillac DTS.

2o6

I've always thought that the base 2.4L was too small and inefficient for that car. At least the 2.4L Turbo solves the power problem.

Laconian

My favorite rental car for looks alone is the Dodge Challenger. Too bad it was the secretary spec.

The Mazda 3i surprised me with its combination of build quality, agility and economy. The car felt rock solid.

Quote from: GoCougs on June 07, 2010, 11:07:55 AM
For fun? Cadillac DTS.
What kind of "fun" were you having in that DTS?

GoCougs

Quote from: Laconian on June 07, 2010, 11:11:46 AM

The kind of "fun" that can't be had in a Toyota Tacoma (that struggled to do 85 mph).

Had loads of torque steer though.

Raza

Quote from: GoCougs on June 07, 2010, 11:07:55 AM
For fun? Cadillac DTS.

Fun?  Is it that big pimpin' Cadillac feeling?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Quote from: Laconian on June 07, 2010, 11:11:46 AM
My favorite rental car for looks alone is the Dodge Challenger. Too bad it was the secretary spec.

The Mazda 3i surprised me with its combination of build quality, agility and economy. The car felt rock solid.

I kinda took you for a Caliber kind of person.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Laconian

Quote from: the Teuton on June 07, 2010, 11:41:58 AM
I kinda took you for a Caliber kind of person.
You know I gots to get my ChillZone on!

thewizard16

2010 Tahoe LTZ I had in February. Decked out. It'd been years since I'd driven a full-size SUV (particularly a nice one) and I remembered why I used to love the suburbans back when we had a mini-fleet of them. As far as regular cars go, the Altima or the 2010 Fusion were my favorite overall rental cars.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

the Teuton

Quote from: Laconian on June 07, 2010, 11:42:50 AM
You know I gots to get my ChillZone on!

I drove an Avenger R/T with leather in it -- an unusually high spec car for that class at Enterprise. I'm pretty sure you'd faint in excitement if you got your mitts on one of those.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on June 07, 2010, 11:21:26 AM
Fun?  Is it that big pimpin' Cadillac feeling?

Actually, yes. You just don't get that in the CTS. At least not the old one.

The CTS may still be the hot model for Cadillac, but it doesn't have that classic Cadillac charm the DTS has. One major complaint I have with that car, though, is the archaic 4-speed autobox. 1st gear is quite literally a drag when you're trying to make haste on a freeway onramp.

the Teuton

I think you have a 5-speed auto in your CTS.

And I drove a DTS today, too. I think I like it more than the CTS to some degree. It's a much more comfortable car...and we don't have any 3.6 DIs on the lot, so the slowness isn't helping the CTS right now.

Vinsanity

Quote from: the Teuton on June 07, 2010, 12:04:22 PM
I think you have a 5-speed auto in your CTS.

Correct. The same ratios in the DTS would make for quite an interesting car.

QuoteAnd I drove a DTS today, too. I think I like it more than the CTS to some degree. It's a much more comfortable car...and we don't have any 3.6 DIs on the lot, so the slowness isn't helping the CTS right now.

There's definitely a lot of things to like more in the DTS compared to the CTS. IMO, all it needs is a mild styling refresh, an updated transmission, and interior to keep soldiering on in the lineup.

the Teuton

Quote from: Vinsanity on June 07, 2010, 12:39:06 PM
Correct. The same ratios in the DTS would make for quite an interesting car.

There's definitely a lot of things to like more in the DTS compared to the CTS. IMO, all it needs is a mild styling refresh, an updated transmission, and interior to keep soldiering on in the lineup.

Well, no. The XTS will replace it with thick-ass A-pillars and a high beltline that impede visibility, a tiny trunk, and no V8 engines. I don't think GM knows what it's doing right now.

Colin

Easy question to answer:

The rental car that was so good that I went and bought one of my own:

This is the rental one. Mine is also Pasadoble red, but has a sunroof and the 5 petal 17" alloys.

If I have to select a US rental car, the most fun one recently was the yellow Camaro SS. It was hard to give that one back, too.

Plenty of other good rental cars and more than a few turkeys over the years...... too many to list.

But it was only the Abarth that persuaded me to part with my own money and buy one!

hotrodalex

Raza

What model did you get?  The 1.4?  Or the Abarth?  Or the SS?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=22153.msg1336984#msg1336984 date=1275940554
What model did you get?  The 1.4?  Or the Abarth?  Or the SS?

That's an Abarth.

Eye of the Tiger

I bet I would have liked a rental Abarth better than the C6 Vette. When I am back in the work force in about two years, I fully intend to buy my own Cinquecento, and an Essessee if I can get one.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Colin

It is indeed an Abarth, and it is quite wonderful.

The Essesse can be added later..... the upgrade comes in a wooden crate, quite literally, and is a dealer fit, within 12 months or 12,000 miles. Meeting with a whole load of Abarthisti yesterday, it would seem that there are plenty of other mods if you want them, though only a few of the 40+ cars present had them fitted.