lol douche BMW driver is a douche.

Started by 565, June 07, 2010, 12:26:51 PM

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rich

Quote from: Tave on June 07, 2010, 06:22:15 PM
This feels fake as shit. Homeboy just happens to be videotaping a random drive when this goes down? Riiiiiiight........

There's tons of videos on youtube just of MINIs driving roads in the NC mountains.  There's tons of people that videotape winding road drives
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Tave on June 07, 2010, 06:44:11 PM
Sure he might really love cars and tape some of his drives for fun. But he just happens to be taping when something this weird happens?

If you believe that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you...
So everything on the internet that's weird is fake, huh?

:facepalm:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

2o6

Quote from: thecarnut on June 08, 2010, 07:57:01 PM

Tave is a lawyer, don't take it personal.

Tave

Quote from: HotRodPilot on June 08, 2010, 07:50:59 PM
There's tons of videos on youtube just of MINIs driving roads in the NC mountains.  There's tons of people that videotape winding road drives

Must I repeat myself?

Obviously people videotape their drives. Plenty of members on this forum have taped drives. I myself have taped drives.

Few (if any) manage to capture something as bizarre as this. The guy isn't even close to tailgating him. It's funny (strange/weird) because it's so incredible. 95% chance this is pure fake and the two drivers are just hamming it up for the camera (i.e. YouTube views).

Quote from: thecarnut on June 08, 2010, 07:57:01 PM

Not everything. Only fake shit as obvious as this. :facepalm:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Tave

Note also, 99% of the true "weird" camera-moments come from cameras that are constantly rolling (police cameras, security cameras, etc...). This is staged, mark my words.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Tave

Listen to it again. Notice the camera-man's demeanor. Not only is he totally calm, which rules out most normal people, but he is completely unsurprised, even when he pulls away. Think about how you would react in such a situation. Even if you didn't say something to the guy, wouldn't you have a 'WTF' moment once it was over? Anyone who experienced that would have been a) cursing the douchebag as you drove away, or b) laughing your ass off uncontrollably. Our Mazda driver doesn't say anything.

GoCougs

I don't think it was staged. If so, wouldn't the MS3 driver act a part too? Would've made for a much more interesting video if both were shouting insults at each other. I do agree he acted strangely calm, especially considering an aggressor as unimposing and non-physical as this douche. Plus, the BMW driver did not seem to be acting (most people are absolute HORRIBLE actors). Here's how I think it went down:

I noted in my first post, I think there's more to the story. I think the two tangled prior to the incident that was shown. This is where the "riding" charge comes from, or some other act the MS3 driver committed that agitated the BMW driver. Knowing that they had a prior confrontation, knowing that the he did something to upset the BMW driver, and knowing the camera was rolling, thus explains the MS3 driver's calmness.

Tave

Quote from: GoCougs on June 08, 2010, 09:17:53 PM
I don't think it was staged. If so, wouldn't the MS3 driver act a part too? Would've made for a much more interesting video if both were shouting insults at each other. I do agree he acted strangely calm, especially considering an aggressor as unimposing and non-physical as this douche. Plus, the BMW driver did not seem to be acting (most people are absolute HORRIBLE actors). Here's how I think it went down:

I noted in my first post, I think there's more to the story. I think the two tangled prior to the incident that was shown. This is where the "riding" charge comes from, or some other act the MS3 driver committed that agitated the BMW driver. Knowing that they had a prior confrontation, knowing that the he did something to upset the BMW driver, and knowing the camera was rolling, thus explains the MS3 driver's calmness.

That's the only other explanation.

hotrodalex

Actually, since the point of the video is showing how douche-y the BMW driver is, the MS3 driver wouldn't have yelled back if it was staged. He would have acted like he did to show that normal people don't act like the BMW driver.

AutobahnSHO

I would've been like the Mazda driver if it happened to me...   :huh:
Will

rohan

Quote from: GoCougs on June 08, 2010, 02:08:52 PM
IMO, you two are heavily vested in that particular side of the law. My attorney, who also is a civil defense attorney, teaches classes and covers these types of scenarios in his classes. I'll bet my interpretation based upon his classes against what rohan has stated, and that which you apparently endorse.

Had the BMW driver not done all three of those things; blocking, threatening, approaching; then yes, I'd agree had the MS3 driver responded with some sort of force, he would be in trouble. Either way, if it does ultimately turn out to be outside the law the law is immoral law as much of it is.
So you're basing your course of action in a criminal matter on what a tort lawyer tells you to do?  :facepalm: 

I think we're done here.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

Onslaught

I had something almost just like this happen to me when I was about 17 or so. Guy got out and started talking shit. I was a kid and he was way bigger so I didn't get all bad ass on him.
I also didn't have a recording device in the car at the time. I could see this happening because it did happen to me.

Minpin

Quote from: rohan on June 09, 2010, 05:30:53 PM
So you're basing your course of action in a criminal matter on what a tort lawyer tells you to do?  :facepalm: 

I think we're done here.

I'm surprised you entertained him for so long.  :lol:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

GoCougs

Quote from: rohan on June 09, 2010, 05:30:53 PM

I think we're done here.

Did I not mention one of his specialties was civil defense issues (a criminal matter)?

(Yes, I did.)

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Jon?

Quote from: Onslaught on June 09, 2010, 05:36:30 PM
I had something almost just like this happen to me when I was about 17 or so. Guy got out and started talking shit. I was a kid and he was way bigger so I didn't get all bad ass on him.
I also didn't have a recording device in the car at the time. I could see this happening because it did happen to me.

Dude, this is the internet.  I think you meant to say something cool like, "He'd have been sorry if it had been me in the Mazda."

Current Rides: 2011 VW Golf TDi, 2008 Pontiac Vibe

Tave

Quote from: GoCougs on June 09, 2010, 06:33:49 PM
Did I not mention one of his specialties was civil defense issues (a criminal matter)?

(Yes, I did.)

Civil defense attorneys defend civil defendants. Criminal defense attorneys defend criminal defendants. :ohyeah:

dazzleman

Quote from: Onslaught on June 09, 2010, 05:36:30 PM

I had something similar to me at 16 in the parking lot of a shopping mall.  Some guy cut me off, parked his car across the lane where I was driving, and then came up to my car and tried to open the door.  I threw the car in reverse, backed up at an angle hitting him slightly with the front corner of the car, and then took off around his car.  Too bad I didn't run the mother fucker over.  I'd have had no remorse for that.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

hotrodalex

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on June 09, 2010, 09:47:37 AM
I would've been like the Mazda driver if it happened to me...   :huh:

Me too. Of course there's a good chance I would be driving my BMW so the guy wouldn't have gotten out. :lol:

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

rohan

Quote from: GoCougs on June 09, 2010, 06:33:49 PM

(Yes, I did.)

You funny
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

GoCougs

Quote from: Tave on June 09, 2010, 07:09:32 PM
Civil defense attorneys defend civil defendants. Criminal defense attorneys defend criminal defendants. :ohyeah:

Okay, fair enough, but the operative point being what you do is independent if you're going to have civil or criminal fall-out from an incident.

Tave

Well the standards for negligence and criminal liability are different. Generally speaking, negligence (civil liability) is a lot broader.

Let's say you mace the guy, and let's say that in your jurisdiction, under the given facts, it wasn't a criminal act. You might still receive an adverse verdict (have to pay $Texas) if the court/jury determines that you acted negligently.

So just because an act isn't criminal, doesn't make it a smart thing to do. And in this hypothetical (assuming your conduct was tortuous), you'd be committing an intentional tort, which would expose you to punitive damages.

Rupert

Quote from: Submariner on June 09, 2010, 11:19:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS11ATrNA3A

I was hoping that he would take them to a windy sports car road, out-drive the shit out of them, and they would crash.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA