"Lifting" pickup trucks

Started by 280Z Turbo, August 31, 2005, 02:31:01 PM

ifcar

Quotewell that weird i did a b and a smiley came up...
I've done that.  :P  

ifcar

QuoteThis truck probably has a 4-6 inch lift:
The Bronco in the background appears to be lower and still ready to tackle the same mudpit.  

Minpin

well, you do live in the D.C. area....its pretty flat there isnt it. And you do live in the city dont you. I personally know guys who have taken there lifted trucks over boulders. off roading is huge iffy, its just as big as the performance segment. Just because YOU dont PERSONALLY know anyone who has take a lifted truck off roading doesnt mean that everyone who gets there truck lifted does it for looks only. A bit singleminded eh?
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

TBR

" The Bronco in the background appears to be lower and still ready to tackle the same mudpit."

That's a Ramcharger ;). And, he isn't in deep mud like the Bronco is.

ifcar

Minpin, not at all. I'm in the suburbs, and very close to serious pickup-driving areas of Southern Maryland. I just have more confidence in the abilities of stock pickups than everyone else seems to in handling whatever anyone will actually be using them for.

ifcar

Quote" The Bronco in the background appears to be lower and still ready to tackle the same mudpit."

That's a Ramcharger ;). And, he isn't in deep mud like the Bronco is.
You may be right, it's hard to tell with the entire front end invisible.

And it's not in deep mud yet, but it looks like it's preparing to follow the same route as the Bronco (that one is definitely a Bronco). No reason it shouldn't manage.  

Minpin

well, im done arguing about this heh, ill end it with people put turbos on there car for a reason and people lift there trucks for a reason as well. Now not everyone is gonna agree with those reasons (thats a given) but there is a reason i promise. Hasta Luego Senor
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

GMPenguin

We put a 4 inch lift kit on our '92 F150.  Along with 33" tires, whole new front end basically, new tie rods and pitman arm and steering box and all, and we're getting it regeared for the bigger tires too. ^_^

Raghavan

QuoteWe put a 4 inch lift kit on our '92 F150.  Along with 33" tires, whole new front end basically, new tie rods and pitman arm and steering box and all, and we're getting it regeared for the bigger tires too. ^_^
awesome. :praise:  

thewizard16

QuoteWe put a 4 inch lift kit on our '92 F150.  Along with 33" tires, whole new front end basically, new tie rods and pitman arm and steering box and all, and we're getting it regeared for the bigger tires too. ^_^
That's small town Missouri, Kevin. I've lived in an import only area of Arkansas, so it's not as common here (most people are from Chicago, where you only lift a truck if you want to drive over people when you're stuck on the Interstate), but I've noticed people who live here don't need a reason to lift their trucks, they just do it for the hell of it. If you use it for off-roading frequently, or it's a play truck, I can understand, but otherwise, it just makes normal people worry what would happen if they got into a wreck with you.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

crv16

A guy in my neighborhood has a lifted F350 CC, and he has tractor trailer wheels on it.  Honest.  Something like 22" wheels.  Looks pretty badass.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed