Quick... somebody talk me out of this

Started by Payman, June 13, 2010, 02:15:52 PM

Payman

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on June 26, 2010, 09:44:08 PM
This has been the most tempting item for me lately, Maybe I'll get around to looking at it.

Not my first choice in exterior color, and i'd prefer a hardtop but the price seems good and the car looks clean.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/ctd/1764583583.html

Nice find. Not a fan of Targas, but I'd definitely consider that one at that price.

FlatBlackCaddy

I'd paint the roll bar and targa complete body color, and try to pretend. :lol:

sportyaccordy

Wow, a car forum that talked someone out of purchasing a Porsche

I'm proud of us guys. Usually car forum people recommend a rattle trap Civic/E30 shell/drag ready Mustang for everyone no matter what the requirements

Payman

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 12, 2010, 01:52:48 PM
Wow, a car forum that talked someone out of purchasing a Porsche

I'm proud of us guys. Usually car forum people recommend a rattle trap Civic/E30 shell/drag ready Mustang for everyone no matter what the requirements

We have a lot of financially wise (and sane) people on here. I really needed to be talked out of it.

Laconian

Quote from: Rockraven on July 12, 2010, 06:33:06 PM
We have a lot of financially wise (and sane) people on here. I really needed to be talked out of it.

Ha ha ha. You need to save room in your garage for an E39 M3. It has four seats and is very fast. It also has a trunk. You can not go wrong with an E39 M3. It is the best all around car because it does not have fail wheel drive. There is enough room in the back for the children. You do not want an automatic. The automatic is a total fail, you will fall out of the power band.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Those cars, when driven right, practically say "Please, sir, may I have another?"

Want. Drool.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Payman

I'd still want an E30 over anything that followed.

Raza

Quote from: Rockraven on July 13, 2010, 11:38:32 AM
I'd still want an E30 over anything that followed.

Then get one, fuckface. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

Raza

Quote from: Rockraven on July 13, 2010, 11:45:27 AM
911, you cunt.

Well, ghost, go fucking get it and stop whining.  You have a wife.  You have kids.  Sell them!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

The Phantom

"We?re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."

sportyaccordy

*dry cough*
*throat clearing*
*silence resuming*

J86

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Rupert

That's the scene where Jake offers to buy the guy's women. Philistines.

:lol:

J86

Quote from: Rupert on July 14, 2010, 01:37:29 AM
That's the scene where Jake offers to buy the guy's women. Philistines.

How much for your women?  How much for the little girl!!!

LOVE that movie!

The Phantom

Quote from: Rockraven on June 13, 2010, 06:58:08 PM
Also, the new Mustang 5.0 made the Camaro a little less attractive. (I do still like 'em though).  :lol:

Plus one!
"We?re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."

Rupert

Quote from: J86 on July 14, 2010, 08:54:30 PM
How much for your women?  How much for the little girl!!!

LOVE that movie!

Your women! I want to buy your women!

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550