Quick... somebody talk me out of this

Started by Payman, June 13, 2010, 02:15:52 PM

the Teuton

Quote from: Catman on June 14, 2010, 07:16:13 PM
Leave my sig out of this you dolt. :lol:

But your sig is what I like in most women: curvy body, decently big ass, and topless. :lol:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

Quote from: SVT666 on June 14, 2010, 06:03:38 PM
No it's not.  If I have say $30K to spend on a car, but I'm looking at a 7 year old car or a brand new car and the new one is faster, better looking, more reliable, better handling, and has a warranty and better build quality...but the older car is desirable.  I'm picking the new one thanks.

SVT666

Payman

Quote from: SVT666 on June 14, 2010, 08:36:52 PM
You lost me there 2o6.

Me too. Your post made perfect sense before he mangled it.

2o6

Quote from: SVT666 on June 14, 2010, 08:36:52 PM
You lost me there 2o6.

I lost myself there, too. I can't remember what I was trying to get at.

SVT_Power

Quote from: SVT666 on June 14, 2010, 06:03:38 PM
No it's not.  If I have say $30K to spend on a car, but I'm looking at a 7 year old car or a brand new car and the new one is faster, better looking, more reliable, better handling, and has a warranty and better build quality...but the older car is desirable.  I'm picking the new one thanks.

You think this new mustang is better looking than a Cobra?  :confused:

Oh you were talking about the interior. I see what you did there.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT666

Raza

Quote from: SVT666 on June 15, 2010, 08:37:51 AM
Yes, as a matter of fact, I do.

Oh hell yes.  It's not even close.  I was of the opposite mind years ago, but the old Mustang has not aged well. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

omicron

I'm not so sure. That earlier Mustang looks very tempting indeed, especially from that angle, in that colour, and with those wheels. The awful rounded versions from '94-'98 don't bear thinking about, but in the right colour and in the right trim I'd say a late 4th-generation Mustang can still hold its own.

I did, however, see a Saleen Parnelli Jones edition the other day, and nearly died with lust. What a fabulous-looking car!

Raza

Quote from: omicron on June 15, 2010, 08:56:52 AM
I'm not so sure. That earlier Mustang looks very tempting indeed, especially from that angle, in that colour, and with those wheels. The awful rounded versions from '94-'98 don't bear thinking about, but in the right colour and in the right trim I'd say a late 4th-generation Mustang can still hold its own.

I did, however, see a Saleen Parnelli Jones edition the other day, and nearly died with lust. What a fabulous-looking car!

I saw two of those chasing each other down near my house one day.  Boy was that a sight!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

omicron

Quote from: Raza  on June 15, 2010, 08:58:57 AM
I saw two of those chasing each other down near my house one day.  Boy was that a sight!

Two PJs?

:wub: :wub:

I've decided that post-'05 Mustangs don't photograph all that well, and look much better in person.

SVT666

I've seen just two Parnelli Jones Editions.  I nearly crea......nevermind.

omicron

Quote from: SVT666 on June 15, 2010, 10:13:05 AM
I've seen just two Parnelli Jones Editions.  I nearly crea......nevermind.

Not to worry. I made a terrible mess of my trousers right on the footpath of a busy beachside shopping strip when I saw mine, so there's no need to feel embarrassed.

SVT666

Quote from: omicron on June 15, 2010, 10:18:53 AM
Not to worry. I made a terrible mess of my trousers right on the footpath of a busy beachside shopping strip when I saw mine, so there's no need to feel embarrassed.
Oh good.  I thought I was alone in this.

68_427

A Parnelli Jones Mustang rips up and down my street all the time during summer months.  Same guy has a GT500, F355, and Harley Davidson F350.  (The bright fucking orange and black one)
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Nethead

Quote from: omicron on June 15, 2010, 08:56:52 AM

Between the last '70 Mustang off the assembly line and the first '05 Mustang off the assembly line, the 2000 Cobra R stands alone as the truly desirable Mustang of those Lost Decades.  If you can't afford any pre-'71s or any post-'04s, then an '04 would be the next model to consider (Don't even think that you can afford a 2000 Cobra R unless it has a salvage title).  

An '05 Mustang GT coupe, the car that made the Mustang young again, will be the one collectors will react to like SVT666 or omicron in the decades ahead.  An FR500C with "05" in its serial number will be the topper of the toppers, but which mall-zoned commercial property are you going to sell to make the downpayment on one of those?

An '05 coupe would be the best starting point, although I think Cobra93 sold his some months ago so that golden opportunity took wings and flew away.  An oh-eleven 5.0L coupe with the manual, the Brembos, the 3.73s, and the summer tires sounds perfect for Rockraven unless the owner of the black 996 comes way, way down.  Pretty damned perfect for everyone else, too--except for BlowCougs, thanks be to God and all lesser deities!!!  
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

The 2003-04 Cobras are fucking cool.  I would love to buy one, but when you can get an '08-'10 for exactly the same price, I wouldn't be able to justify it. 

FlatBlackCaddy

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/1767035510.html

Case closed.

I'll even look at it, drive it and have a PPI done for you.

Hell I'll deliver it myself too.

Now, If you really want to step it up there is this

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/1773229663.html

Once again, I will provide my purchase, inspection and delivery services free of charge.

FlatBlackCaddy

I was Inches away from buying a Boxster S last week. I was a day late on my decision and missed it, was a killer deal IMO.

Payman

Ruf Yellow Bird!  :wub:

The '86 is too old, for too much... even though it is a nice example. Ideally, I want a 993 for 25-30K, or a post '01 996 in the same price range. Low miles, prefer triple black, no tiptronic (manual only), coupe only.

FlatBlackCaddy

That ruf is bad ass.

I've BS'ed my way into many a test drive.

That ruf would be my white whale, you'd have to be one hell of a talker to get seat time in that thing.

FlatBlackCaddy

I've been keeping a eye out for a early 80's SC for myself, no big hurry.

I've been more interested in a roadster lately, exhausted most of my options and have been down a pretty thorough list including

1st Gen miata's
Fiat Spiders
Alfa Spiders
A few Boxsters
911 Targa's(not the same really)
Etc

FlatBlackCaddy

FlatBlackCaddy

I've been getting pretty picky lately, and it cost me that boxster i was looking at.

There was nothing wrong with the car, but my feet dragging and increasing unwillingness to part with money is at a all time high.

I'll only buy a cherry low mileage car for low private party, obviously a combination that yields dozens of options on the used car market

FlatBlackCaddy

Sidenote,

Payman must be a happy camper now that futurama has been reborn.

I have the first 2 eps on my computer waiting to be viewed.

Payman

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on June 26, 2010, 09:02:17 PM
I've been getting pretty picky lately, and it cost me that boxster i was looking at.

There was nothing wrong with the car, but my feet dragging and increasing unwillingness to part with money is at a all time high.

I'll only buy a cherry low mileage car for low private party, obviously a combination that yields dozens of options on the used car market

Yeah that Targa is pretty gaudy. If it was a coupe I'd go look at it. I'm in the same boat as you... want badly but very cautious looking for a 8+ year old car for new Camaro money.

FlatBlackCaddy

This has been the most tempting item for me lately, Maybe I'll get around to looking at it.

Not my first choice in exterior color, and i'd prefer a hardtop but the price seems good and the car looks clean.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/ctd/1764583583.html