How low can you go?

Started by VTEC_Inside, June 14, 2010, 07:48:21 PM

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

SVT_Power

Okay does that car just look high because of the angle?

This is just about perfect:

This is the low limit:

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Rich

Quote from: SVT_Power on June 21, 2010, 01:54:48 AM
Okay does that car just look high because of the angle?

This is just about perfect:

This is the low limit:

Sorry to burst your bubble, bud, but the yellow one is lower than the red one
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

hotrodalex

ChrisV

Quote from: SVT_Power on June 14, 2010, 11:01:32 PM
I wouldn't say that's too low as is. I can see the desire to go a bit lower.

But in my books, top of fender flush with the wheel is the minimum. I like my cars low  :huh:

I'm with you on this one. I've daily driven extremely low cars with no unacceptable issues. And if it's not supposed to be a daily driver? Then throw practicality to the wind.

I know my daily isn't low enough yet... And the Comet will be slammed.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

r0tor

Lowering the spring perch on the teins its not going to change the spring rate our the damping so ride comfort should be unchanged... Well up until the point to stay bouncing off the bump stops

But anyway I'd say its pointless, even more so in a car like the nsx which has some fairly large overhangs and will more then likely scrap all over the place
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed