Your nuclear fallout vehicle of choice...

Started by the Teuton, June 29, 2010, 10:41:25 PM

Vinsanity

The Mustang from the beginning of the film is much better suited for hunting, so I'd choose that.

Rupert

Quote from: GoCougs on July 02, 2010, 01:57:51 PM
But after existing fuel stocks run out and/or go bad not only will there be no oil to fill crankcases life will be so friggin' hard virtually no one will have extra time to fool around with ethanol or the like. It'll take all of one's waking hours to survive as it was before the advent of the automobile.

You overstate things. (Duh).

And not ethanol. A diesel can run on vege oil, straight up, and biodiesel isn't that hard to make. The engine oil is another problem, but there is a solution to it.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 02, 2010, 03:59:08 PM
Badass? More like drives like ass.

Not on the highway.

:lol:

I had one of those SWB versions for a field rig. Real nice for the drive up to MT, quite nice on gravel, butt on really rough stuff. They're just big Subarus. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Laconian

How about a two stroke diesel? The fuel can act as its own lubricant.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on July 02, 2010, 04:48:54 PM
How about a two stroke diesel? The fuel can act as its own lubricant.

Two stroke whale oil burner?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Guys, it's game over.  Sarah Connor drove a Wrangler Unlimited, therefore that's the best.  And Lena Headey is so hot. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rupert

I thought Teuts caused the Cougspocalypse by provoking and Subaru trolling...

the Teuton

Quote from: Rupert on July 02, 2010, 08:48:16 PM
I thought Teuts caused the Cougspocalypse by provoking and Subaru trolling...

Me provoke? Who?

And Subaru trolling? Come on, I'm a Saturn owner now!
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Rupert

If infiniti did take over the world, the answer is simple.

If you can't beat them, join them.

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Morris Minor

Quote from: 565 on July 04, 2010, 05:13:26 AM
If infiniti did take over the world, the answer is simple.

If you can't beat them, join them.
This is the type of fat ugly vehicle that the 'mentals seize on to force us all into two cylinder, organic-veggie-powered, hippiemobiles.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

MrH

X5 ///M

It may be hideous, but all the roads wouldn't disappear.  I'd want to load up the family, and race to an area like Montana before anyone else to setup my fortress.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

cawimmer430

Quote from: MrH on July 05, 2010, 10:11:50 AM

X5 ///M

It may be hideous, but all the roads wouldn't disappear.  I'd want to load up the family, and race to an area like Montana before anyone else to setup my fortress.

You'll need to tow one of these behind you if you're going to take that car.  :devil:

Take a Plymouth Volare instead!  :praise:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Rupert

Quote from: MrH on July 05, 2010, 10:11:50 AM

X5 ///M

There will only be roads for while before they all go to shit. Also, I live closer to MT than you, so you're out of luck, there. :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

I'm building my Swift fortress in Montana, so you'd better be thinking twice about building your fortresses there.

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Eye of the Tiger

I can see your butt and your legs. Nice cut off plaid shorts. FAIL. :evildude: