Why some people shouldn't own cars

Started by Mustangfan2003, July 08, 2010, 03:29:37 PM

CJ

Mustangfan2003

So someone can afford a new Audi R8 but couldn't pay the $40 or whatever for Best Buy to deliver? 

Eye of the Tiger

Hey, when you wipe your ass with $100 bills, you tend not to give a shit what is strapped to the roof of your winter beater.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

heelntoe

I don't see that problem with that.
If that thing fell off because he failed to secure it properly, then yes, that is a problem, but as long as he got it home safely, it's okay.
@heelntoe

Onslaught

Dumb. They have no idea how much that can fuck up the car or tv. But just because you have money doesn't mean you have brains.

I'd like to see someone try this with a Mercedes SLS.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: Onslaught on July 08, 2010, 04:07:37 PM
Dumb. They have no idea how much that can fuck up the car or tv. But just because you have money doesn't mean you have brains.

Might be able to hold it well if you kept the doors open

heelntoe

fucking up the TV, I can understand. How would he fuck up the car?
The SLS has the double hump roof, right? nevermind. :facepalm:
@heelntoe

Gotta-Qik-C7

:hesaid:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Onslaught

Quote from: heelntoe on July 08, 2010, 04:13:26 PM
fucking up the TV, I can understand. How would he fuck up the car?
The SLS has the double hump roof, right? nevermind. :facepalm:
Dent the roof when the tv moves or bounces up and down. And with the way that thing is put up there it will do that. Actually, it will probably fall off and fuck up the back end of the car too. That is unless he stops too fast and it hits the front of the car.  And I'd think an R8's roof would be aluminum, you can't fart on that stuff without fucking it up. And even if it's not aluminum you can't put that kind of weight on it and not do something.

Scratch the paint with the rope. Mess up the roof liner with the rope. Mess up the rubbers for the windows with the rope.

68_427

Supercars with roof racks are sexy and badass.... and useful.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

giant_mtb

Quote from: heelntoe on July 08, 2010, 04:00:14 PM
I don't see that problem with that.
If that thing fell off because he failed to secure it properly, then yes, that is a problem, but as long as he got it home safely, it's okay.

He just completely fucked his paint up the ass and around the corner by doing that. ;)

MX793

Yeah, jerks that park in the fire lane piss me off too.  They should have towed the car.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

J86

fuckit, i wouldha done the exact same thing.

SVT666

The R8 is my dream car right now.  I would punch him in the nose.

Tave

Quote from: Onslaught on July 08, 2010, 06:36:14 PM
And even if it's not aluminum you can't put that kind of weight on it and not do something.

I've driven 10 miles of mountain two-track with two fully grown men on the roof of my 4runner, and it didn't do a thing. :huh:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

sportyaccordy

I don't see the big deal. If anything this car's roof is stronger than the average car's roof.

heelntoe

Quote from: Onslaught on July 08, 2010, 06:36:14 PM
Dent the roof when the tv moves or bounces up and down. And with the way that thing is put up there it will do that. Actually, it will probably fall off and fuck up the back end of the car too. That is unless he stops too fast and it hits the front of the car.  And I'd think an R8's roof would be aluminum, you can't fart on that stuff without fucking it up. And even if it's not aluminum you can't put that kind of weight on it and not do something.

Scratch the paint with the rope. Mess up the roof liner with the rope. Mess up the rubbers for the windows with the rope.
I guess I severely underestimate the weight of a TV, then.
Mind you, we still have a good old CRT TV, so I'm imagining a flat screen TV would weight little more than than that box it's in. :lol:
@heelntoe

sportyaccordy

Quote from: heelntoe on July 09, 2010, 05:43:22 AM
I guess I severely underestimate the weight of a TV, then.
Mind you, we still have a good old CRT TV, so I'm imagining a flat screen TV would weight little more than than that box it's in. :lol:
My 46" is about 50 lbs or so

Prob not much heavier than a nice mound of snow, or the amount of downforce an R8 sees at speed

Cobra93

I don't know what size that TV is, but my 60" weighs about 140. I'm with Onslaught on this one. The guy's an idiot.

Mustangfan2003

I know whey i got my 32 inch tv it barely fit inside of my Mustang. 

Minpin

I can't imagine a TV did any real damage.

That said, this is so dumb. Pay a little extra money and rent a truck or have it delivered, or borrow a friends truck. Sheesh what kind of dumbass actually thought this was a good idea?
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

BimmerM3

I'm much more worried about the TV than the car. Not only could the box pretty easily slide forward or backward, but you're supposed to transport TVs standing up to minimize the risk of cracking the screen. When my dad got his 42" a few years back, the store wouldn't even load it into a car unless the TV could stand upright. I had to borrow my step-dad's truck just to get it home.

Tave

Well I for one think this guy is the shit, and I would give him a honk and three thumbs-up if I passed him on the street.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

MrH

I :facepalm: everyone who thinks this is awesome and runs no risk of damaging the car.

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Minpin

:facepalm: everyone who still uses the  :facepalm: .
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Mustangfan2003

Vinsanity

I agree that this guy is an idiot. It's easy to find a reputable vendor that will do free delivery as well as a good price on a TV.

:facepalm:

68_427

This :facepalm: guy :facepalm: is :facepalm: awesome :facepalm: and :facepalm: has :facepalm: big :facepalm: bawlz :facepalm: .
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Mustangfan2003