Bought a car (finally)

Started by MX793, July 10, 2010, 08:45:03 PM

Payman

I'll give you a hint. You just bought a cunt-blue Mustang.  :rockon:

68_427

Quote from: Rockraven on July 13, 2010, 09:28:30 PM
Excellent choice, just one thing... ask a Portuguese woman what "Kona" means.  :lol:

:huh:
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Payman

68_427

I ride it pretty hard.  The chain cam off though when I was pounding it.

Edit:  OH YOU MEANT DO I RIDE A VAGINA MUCH
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

2o6

Quote from: 68_427 on July 13, 2010, 09:39:52 PM
I ride it pretty hard.  The chain cam off though when I was pounding it.

That's called rape, sir.

Payman

Quote from: 2o6 on July 13, 2010, 09:41:38 PM

That's called rape, sir.

Only if she doesn't want to be ridden.

Rupert

Quote from: 2o6 on July 13, 2010, 09:41:38 PM

That's called rape, sir.

No, that's when the seat flips up when you go over a jump.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

mzziaz

Quote from: Rockraven on July 13, 2010, 09:29:47 PM
I'll give you a hint. You just bought a cunt-blue Mustang.  :rockon:

So "kona" in Portugese = cunt
"kona" in Norwegian = the wife

Coincidence? I think not.  :lol:
Cuore Sportivo

MX793

Quote from: Onslaught on July 13, 2010, 08:44:44 PM
If you think the RX-8's trunk is small then the Genesis is even smaller. It was one of the reasons I didn't look at them. Couldn't put my golf clubs in the back in it but could in the 8.

The trunk in the Genesis is quite a bit larger, though still not particularly big (10 cubic ft vs 7.6 in the RX).  The small trunk in and of itself isn't a problem so long as the rear seats fold down to expand cargo capacity.  Seats in the Genesis fold down (though the pass-through isn't very tall).  The seats in the RX do not.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

Quote from: mzziaz on July 14, 2010, 02:59:06 AM

:lol:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Laconian

Quote from: mzziaz on July 14, 2010, 02:59:06 AM

Fart in English=flatulence
Fart in Norwegian=speed

Are Norwegians propelled forward by gas?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Cobra93

Quote from: MX793 on July 10, 2010, 08:45:03 PM
So last week I put a deposit down on a new car after what seemed like an eternity of looking.  The dealer was unable to locate one spec'ed as I wanted (actually, they did find one at another dealership but it was already sold) so I had to have it ordered.  From what I've been told, it'll take 6-8 weeks.  I should have a better ETA in the coming weeks.

And the winner is:

2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium.
6MT
Kona blue, black leather
3.31 final drive (the only option I spec'ed on it)
Congratulations.  :ohyeah: I'm  :praise: sure  :ohyeah: Nethead  :rockon: is  :mrcool: bursting  :rastaman: with  :winkguy: pride.  ;)

Onslaught

Quote from: MX793 on July 14, 2010, 04:17:28 AM
The trunk in the Genesis is quite a bit larger, though still not particularly big (10 cubic ft vs 7.6 in the RX).  The small trunk in and of itself isn't a problem so long as the rear seats fold down to expand cargo capacity.  Seats in the Genesis fold down (though the pass-through isn't very tall).  The seats in the RX do not.
It's longer but not deep at all. I looked into both and you can fit more in the back of an RX-8. Now if you put the seats down then you can. But I don't think that's really fair to say that the truck has more room when you do that.

MX793

Quote from: Onslaught on July 15, 2010, 04:48:16 PM
It's longer but not deep at all. I looked into both and you can fit more in the back of an RX-8. Now if you put the seats down then you can. But I don't think that's really fair to say that the truck has more room when you do that.

Like I said, neither car's trunk is particularly large.  But a small trunk in and of itself isn't a big deal so long as the seats fold so that I can carry longer items when I need to (something I've had to do several times in the past year alone).  My 240SX had a smaller trunk than either of them, but drop the seats (plus the fact that it was a liftback) and it could carry a ton of stuff.  Which begs the question:  Why have companies almost completely stopped making liftback fastbacks/coupes?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Onslaught

Quote from: MX793 on July 15, 2010, 05:02:46 PM
Like I said, neither car's trunk is particularly large.  But a small trunk in and of itself isn't a big deal so long as the seats fold so that I can carry longer items when I need to (something I've had to do several times in the past year alone).  My 240SX had a smaller trunk than either of them, but drop the seats (plus the fact that it was a liftback) and it could carry a ton of stuff.  Which begs the question:  Why have companies almost completely stopped making liftback fastbacks/coupes?
I don't know. Perhaps they didn't sell all that well.  I know why the seats in the RX-8 don't come down. I've used the little opening to put long things in the back before. But you can't put big stuff in.

mzziaz

Quote from: Laconian on July 15, 2010, 12:23:30 PM
Fart in English=flatulence
Fart in Norwegian=speed

Are Norwegians propelled forward by gas?

:lol: You are quickly reaching bilingual (or trilingual?) potential, I see  :cheers:

Cuore Sportivo

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on July 15, 2010, 05:02:46 PM

Rigidity?  Isn't that why Mazda said they could only make the Speed6 in sedan form and not wagon or hatch?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Nethead

Quote from: Cobra93 on July 15, 2010, 01:40:52 PM
Congratulations.  :ohyeah: I'm  :praise: sure  :ohyeah: Nethead  :rockon: is  :mrcool: bursting  :rastaman: with  :winkguy: pride.  ;)

BANG!!!  Yup, Cobra93's right again! ;)

How 'na Hell does everyone know whenever I'm gonna approve??? :huh:  

What is this--a website for psychic automobile enthusiasts??? :confused:
So many stairs...so little time...

Nethead

MX793:  The Nethead here said this to Hot Rod Pilot, and now I say it to you:

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S, MXDude!  You deserve a great car and now you've got it!
H O T    D A M N!!!   Go out, raise Hell, describe same in the thread after you've taken delivery!

Months of due deliberation has paid off!  Great work, Dude! :rockon:
So many stairs...so little time...

MX793

Quote from: Raza  on July 16, 2010, 05:24:17 AM
Rigidity?  Isn't that why Mazda said they could only make the Speed6 in sedan form and not wagon or hatch?

That's the most likely reason.  You're going to take a rigidity hit unless you put a brace in there (like on the 350/370Z), and once you put the brace in you're throwing away a lot of trunk space/versatility.  And that's exactly why the RX-8, and a handful of other performance cars (IIRC, the Lancer Evo) don't even have folding rear seats.  They put a ton of bracing structure in behind the rear seats.
Needs more Jiggawatts

MX793

And it finally arrived!!  Picked it up last night.  Put nearly 200 miles on it between last night and today.  Here's one shot I took this evening.  I'll try to get some better shots in the near future.

Some remarks:
-The shorter, 3.31 gears make a huge difference.  This car is much livelier than the 2.73 equipped car I test drove.  Whereas the 2.73 gears make the car fairly easy to stall, with the 3.31s you can take off without even touching the throttle unless you're on an uphill and 2nd gear starts are possible without totally abusing the clutch (I prefer to take off in 2nd when I'm on a downhill).  Yet, it still will loaf along at 70 mph at 2K RPM.  In fact, even around town the car is happy running a gear high and just lugging along at 1600 RPM, even when pulling a decent grade hill.  I've burned about half a tank and the computer is telling me I'm averaging 22 mpg (which I expect will continue to rise, it was in the single digits when I picked the car up and it only had 10 miles on it).  I don't think I'll have too much trouble getting 25 mpg in mixed driving.

-For a V6, the exhaust note is quite burly/burbley.  Particularly in the sub-4000 RPM range.  And when you let off the gas from middle to high RPMs, it'll kind of "pop" like an old musclecar (search youtube for some vids on the stock V6 exhaust to hear what I mean).

-I had mixed opinions of the spot mirrors when I test drove, but after spending some real time in the car, I've grown to really like them.

-The "backwards" steering wheel controls are going to take some getting used to.  I much prefer the layout in my Mazda (which is standard fare for pretty much any Asian brand car) where the radio controls are on the left and the cruise controls are on the right.

-A nit, but I've discovered that when you turn the cruise on, there is no light on the instrument cluster to indicate that it is on.  The light only turns on when you press the "Set" button so that the cruise is actually active/engaged.  If it's on but dormant (like if you were on cruise but had to hit the brakes), there's no light.  But there's a separate "On" button for the cruise that you have to press before you can Set your speed.  My Mazda has one light to indicate that cruise is on, and a second to indicate that it is engaged/active which I think does a better job of preventing confusion.  I also wish there was a cancel button on the wheel like on my Mazda which disengages the cruise but doesn't turn it off (basically the same as hitting the brakes, but you don't have to hit the brakes).  The only way to cancel the cruise without completely shutting it off is to touch the brakes.
Needs more Jiggawatts

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: MX793 on September 10, 2010, 05:45:47 PM
-A nit, but I've discovered that when you turn the cruise on, there is no light on the instrument cluster to indicate that it is on.  The light only turns on when you press the "Set" button so that the cruise is actually active/engaged.  If it's on but dormant (like if you were on cruise but had to hit the brakes), there's no light.  But there's a separate "On" button for the cruise that you have to press before you can Set your speed.  My Mazda has one light to indicate that cruise is on, and a second to indicate that it is engaged/active which I think does a better job of preventing confusion.  I also wish there was a cancel button on the wheel like on my Mazda which disengages the cruise but doesn't turn it off (basically the same as hitting the brakes, but you don't have to hit the brakes).  The only way to cancel the cruise without completely shutting it off is to touch the brakes.

Congrats-

And that is a BIG nit. All cruises I've used had one light, to indicate it was "on"- then I have to guess if it's "engaged" or not. I too like the cancel button....
Will

TBR

You could probably also tap the clutch to cancel the cruise; that's what I usually do (I don't have a cancel button either). My cruise never turns off (it has a button, but stays on even when you turn off and restart the car). This really throws me when I drive other cars.

very nice car btw.

Cookie Monster

Nice car! I love the color.

And quit complaining, my car doesn't even have cruise control (which is probably going to kill my leg) :devil:
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

SVT666

This is the first V6 powered Stang I wouldn't be embarrassed to own.  It's a runner.  Nice car man.  Between HotRodPilot, Cobra93, and you, I'm engulfed in jealousy.  All I can hope is that when it's time for me to buy a used one, one of you guys will be looking to sell.

the Teuton

The Mustang club is making a comeback to do battle against the girly man Miata group.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Rich

Quote from: the Teuton on September 11, 2010, 12:00:53 AM
The Mustang club is making a comeback to do battle against the girly man Miata group.

:huh:

:lol:
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

AutobahnSHO

hehe I was gonna say- why not joing both? :)
Will

Atomic

Quote from: Xer0 on July 10, 2010, 09:14:52 PM
Great color choice.  Congrats, hope it gives you years of joy.

yes. new color for 2011! saw it in early "dealer brochures" for initial ordering - leaked to me by a ford dealer friend. the nice thing about a fresh color is marking it brand new for the current model year. that makes ownership even more fun and your vehicle a greater standout! congratulations, dude  :clap: !