Baggy
0 (0%)
Oversized
0 (0%)
Other
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Laconian

34x32, because 32 is ever so slightly too small and 34 fits with a belt.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CJ

Nobody makes a 26x30, so I get a 28x30 and I'm good.  Sometimes 28x32.

68_427

26in waist.  wtf mang you need more Hot Pockets.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Minpin

Is everyone in this thread a giant or do y'all wear your jeans really really long? I'm 6'4 and wear 36X34, but I think I may have to pick up some 34X34's here shortly.  :rockon:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Tave

I wear between a 34" and 36" inseam depending on the cut. Some 34"-ers fit just right, and some look like highwaters.

My natural size is right around a 35X36, but good luck finding that.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Minpin

Quote from: Tave on July 21, 2010, 08:35:16 AM
I wear between a 34" and 36" inseam depending on the cut. Some 34"-ers fit just right, and some look like highwaters.

My natural size is right around a 35X36, but good luck finding that.

So, how tall are you if you wear 36 long? At 76 inches a 34 is almost too baggy for me. WTF GiantSpin.

BimmerM3

omicron

I've had a quick look, and my Levi's are a 30x32. Mind you, jeans manufacturers would do well to look at how much fabric they put in the seat - how big a behind do they think I have?

Tave

Quote from: Minpin on July 21, 2010, 08:59:23 AM
So, how tall are you if you wear 36 long? At 76 inches a 34 is almost too baggy for me. WTF GiantSpin.

6'4"

For pants, I don't mind a 34" inseam (as long as it is a true 34"). For jeans, I would rather error on the side of caution and go too long rather than too short. Don't get me wrong though--I own a lot of 34" jeans. It's just that some are obviously not a true 34".

Damn sweatshop owners need to start busting skulls again to get some consistency out of their overworked, underpaid, malnourished workers. :heated:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Minpin

Quote from: Tave on July 21, 2010, 09:06:56 AM
6'4"

For pants, I don't mind a 34" inseam (as long as it is a true 34"). For jeans, I would rather error on the side of caution and go too long rather than too short. Don't get me wrong though--I own a lot of 34" jeans. It's just that some are obviously not a true 34".

Damn sweatshop owners need to start busting skulls again to get some consistency out of their overworked, underpaid, malnourished workers. :heated:

Ah, ok. I thought about that and I think most of my jeans are gap, so maybe they run long.

BimmerM3

6'4"

I'm pretty sure they account for the style of pants when they size them with jeans. In other words, most people have jeans that are a bit longer than their slacks, so 34" jeans are designed to fit the same people that would wear 34" slacks, even if they aren't truly 34" inseam.

Or I could be full of shit. I don't really know. That's my theory though.

Tave

Quote from: BimmerM3 on July 21, 2010, 11:34:37 AM
I'm pretty sure they account for the style of pants when they size them with jeans. In other words, most people have jeans that are a bit longer than their slacks, so 34" jeans are designed to fit the same people that would wear 34" slacks, even if they aren't truly 34" inseam.

Or I could be full of shit. I don't really know. That's my theory though.

Quality control on these types of product just isn't that good. Even the same size, same style jean made by the same company might be a little longer/shorter/wider/narrower between one and the other. I've tried on a 34x34 Levi bootcut that fit perfect, and then the next pair on the shelf was too tight and too short.

Try it yourself sometime. Pick two pairs of the same jean and lay them flat on the floor, one on top of the other. I bet you'll notice a little difference. Sometimes the difference can be quite astounding.

Another reason I buy jeans a little large is that, in my experience, they tend to shrink in the wash, even when they're supposed to be pre-shrunk.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Tave on July 21, 2010, 11:42:00 AM
Quality control on these types of product just isn't that good. Even the same size, same style jean made by the same company might be a little longer/shorter/wider/narrower between one and the other. I've tried on a 34x34 Levi bootcut that fit perfect, and then the next pair on the shelf was too tight and too short.

Try it yourself sometime. Pick two pairs of the same jean and lay them flat on the floor, one on top of the other. I bet you'll notice a little difference. Sometimes the difference can be quite astounding.

Another reason I buy jeans a little large is that, in my experience, they tend to shrink in the wash, even when they're supposed to be pre-shrunk.

I have to buy new jeans all the time because they shrink up.

Byteme

6'4"

I always buy my jeans a couple of inches shorter than my slacks.  I like lots of white sock showing between the bottom of the jean's leg the wingtips.   ;)

2o6

It honestly depends on the manufacturer. My mother (who is a seamstress) told me not to get stuck on particular sizes, but try clothes on and make sure they fit.

I'm usually a 34 or 36 waist......but 32 or 34 length, depending on how the jeans are cut.

sportyaccordy

I am trying to get down to a 32x32, 33 is hard to find

L. ed foote

38x34 loose/baggy cuts.  I've worn carpenter pants on occasion.
Member, Self Preservation Society

TBR

Quote from: EtypeJohn on July 21, 2010, 11:54:49 AM
I always buy my jeans a couple of inches shorter than my slacks.  I like lots of white sock showing between the bottom of the jean's leg the wingtips.   ;)

Is this sarcastic? I know you're a bit 'more mature' than the rest of us so I am not sure...

Also, the last jeans that I purchased, which fit very well (and were cheap too, like $15, I was uber-pumped when I found them), are 30x32. Yeah, I am skinny.

BimmerM3

Quote from: hotrodalex on July 21, 2010, 11:43:43 AM
I have to buy new jeans all the time because they shrink up.

:facepalm:

Let them air dry and they'll be fine.

Minpin

Quote from: BimmerM3 on July 21, 2010, 11:10:48 PM

He's just buying low quality clothes. Never had a pair of jeans shrink. They are the most durable clothing out there and should last for years and years, assuming you don't buy shit gear.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Minpin on July 21, 2010, 11:20:39 PM
He's just buying low quality clothes. Never had a pair of jeans shrink. They are the most durable clothing out there and should last for years and years, assuming you don't buy shit gear.
Hell even my $15 Costco jeans don't shrink.

Of course, Costco is the shit, so I'm not surprised.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

hotrodalex

Quote from: BimmerM3 on July 21, 2010, 11:10:48 PM

Don't usually have time.

And I'm not talking they shrink up after 3 months and I can't wear them anymore. I'm talking about the pair I have that I'll probably replace because it shrunk up a little and is now a bit snug compared to my other pairs. It was already the smallest pair and now it's just a bit too small. This isn't surprising after it's gone through the washer over 100 times.

Tave

Quote from: Minpin on July 21, 2010, 11:20:39 PM

Jeans are made out of cotton, Cotton shrinks when it drys. It's not as bad as a new cotton t-shirt sent through the wash on hot and then dried on high, obviously. Still, they can shrink a little, "quality" or not.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on July 22, 2010, 09:32:33 AM
Jeans are made out of cotton, Cotton shrinks when it drys. It's not as bad as a new cotton t-shirt sent through the wash on hot and then dried on high, obviously. Still, they can shrink a little, "quality" or not.

Yeah, but we're talking a little.  You can always feel how jeans are tighter after a wash, but to the point that they no longer fit?  I haven't seen that.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=22536.msg1365570#msg1365570 date=1279814787
Yeah, but we're talking a little.  You can always feel how jeans are tighter after a wash, but to the point that they no longer fit?  I haven't seen that.

If they fit just perfectly before, a little bit of shrink could make them uncomfortable to wear.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Tave on July 22, 2010, 10:08:59 AM
If they fit just perfectly before, a little bit of shrink could make them uncomfortable to wear.

That's usually the case.

Raza

Quote from: Tave on July 22, 2010, 10:08:59 AM

By the end of the day, they usually feel fine.  Do you guys wash your jeans every time you wear them?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=22536.msg1365585#msg1365585 date=1279817170
By the end of the day, they usually feel fine.

Operative word there is "usually."

I never said it happens to every pair of jeans I own. I just said that, given the choice between slightly too small or slightly too large, I'd pick large, and I mentioned the possibility that they might shrink as one of the factors in my decision.

QuoteDo you guys wash your jeans every time you wear them?

Depends on how dirty they get. Usually no.

hotrodalex

If they don't get dirty I'll wear them twice before I wash them.

Raza

Quote from: hotrodalex on July 22, 2010, 11:10:00 AM
If they don't get dirty I'll wear them twice before I wash them.

Twice?  Although jeans have gotten to be "dressier" in the past few years, at heart, they're still durable "work" clothes.  I wash my shirts after wearing them twice.  

EDIT:  Also, be advised, I only wear jeans 1-2 hours a day after work, so that may be skewing my perception.  I wash my jeans like every three weeks at that rate. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i