A BS Ticket Resolved

Started by Byteme, July 20, 2010, 07:55:13 AM

dazzleman

We have the same arguments over and over in all the sections.  Why would this one be different? :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Minpin

Quote from: dazzleman on July 23, 2010, 05:36:07 PM
We have the same arguments over and over in all the sections.  Why would this one be different? :lol:

Good point.  :lol:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Catman

Yeah, it's not liked we've ever settled on any argument ever. 

bing_oh

Quote from: Minpin on July 23, 2010, 10:04:10 AMI don't see why people still post in the Driving and the Law forum. It ALWAYS ends up in coppers vs. everyone else, and it goes nowhere. The debate isn't even engaging or intellectual. Still LOL worthy though, I guess.

Hey, I resent that! I'm always usually sometimes occasionally intellectual. Fucker.

Byteme

I was in Arkansas over the holiday weekend and stopped by the county presecutors office on Friday.  We agreed to a non-reportable civil penalty of $100; a relatively minor shakedown.  It was the path of least resistance since the fine would have been $200 + court costs and a moving violation on my record.

Far less hassle than going to court and potentially losing and paying more.   

dazzleman

Quote from: EtypeJohn on September 09, 2010, 07:16:24 AM
I was in Arkansas over the holiday weekend and stopped by the county presecutors office on Friday.  We agreed to a non-reportable civil penalty of $100; a relatively minor shakedown.  It was the path of least resistance since the fine would have been $200 + court costs and a moving violation on my record.

Far less hassle than going to court and potentially losing and paying more.   

Sometimes you have to just cut your losses.  Your time is worth something too.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Byteme

Quote from: dazzleman on September 09, 2010, 07:20:09 PM
Sometimes you have to just cut your losses.  Your time is worth something too.

Absolutely.

When I was there the lady at the desk, a really helpful, friendly preson asked what I was hoping to accomplish and asked if I just wanted something wouldn't go on my record.  It was had to resist the urge to say "yes, that and keeping the county's hands off my billfold".  But, as a professional deal maker I know when I've achieved about the best outcome possible so I just said "yes, that would be nice".    :lol: