1997 Mazda Miata I'm thinking of buying, need a Carfax ?

Started by Byteme, August 02, 2010, 02:20:41 PM

Onslaught

Well, apparently if you park your MX-5 for almost 6 months and take it to work the brake master cylinder starts leaking. And eats all the paint off your firewall and right rail.

AutobahnSHO

My new boss drives a red older Miata, convertible.    :rockon:  He says it's his wife's, he usually doesn't drive it.  :popcorn:

He got rear-ended yesterday  :rage:  but says it just muffed the paint up without other damage.  :huh:
Will

Byteme

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 06, 2010, 07:46:31 PM
My new boss drives a red older Miata, convertible.    :rockon:  He says it's his wife's, he usually doesn't drive it.  :popcorn:

He got rear-ended yesterday  :rage:  but says it just muffed the paint up without other damage.  :huh:
I bought it yesterday.  61,500 documented miles,  1995 M-Edition, with a custom painted hardtop, car cover, new tires - Michelins.  I got the service receipts from 2001 to now.  Car fax was perfect.   This thing looks good for even that low mileage.  I'll post some pics.

Onslaught

Very good. Nice car too. Oh, and the rims kick ass too.  And to get  a hardtop is a BIG plus. I didn't have one for years and when I got it I fell in love. It cures that damn blind spot on the drivers side when the soft top is up.

I'd like to get a car like that sometime. I've done things to my MX-5 and it's made it a "better" car in some ways. And yet in other ways it's ruined what an MX-5 was supposed to be. I'd like to have it and a stock NA so I could have the best of both worlds.

In the next year or so my MX-5 is going to be pulled apart and restored from the ground up. Perhaps I'll start a "project Miata" thread in the garage section.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Onslaught on August 08, 2010, 08:10:55 PM
Very good. Nice car too. Oh, and the rims kick ass too.  And to get  a hardtop is a BIG plus. I didn't have one for years and when I got it I fell in love. It cures that damn blind spot on the drivers side when the soft top is up.

I'd like to get a car like that sometime. I've done things to my MX-5 and it's made it a "better" car in some ways. And yet in other ways it's ruined what an MX-5 was supposed to be. I'd like to have it and a stock NA so I could have the best of both worlds.

In the next year or so my MX-5 is going to be pulled apart and restored from the ground up. Perhaps I'll start a "project Miata" thread in the garage section.
Yes. Do it.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R