Marijuana

Started by Colonel Cadillac, August 03, 2010, 08:47:30 AM

hotrodalex

So why did Columbus try? His common sense sure said it wasn't flat.

Rupert

He didn't have any common sense.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

hotrodalex

Why does common sense say the earth is flat?

Rupert

Because it looks flat, duh.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Rupert

Huh? That's some nice supposition, there, I suppose.

(Haha, supposition, suppose, get it)?

BimmerM3

Quote from: Rupert on August 12, 2010, 04:01:46 PM
Huh? That's some nice supposition, there, I suppose.

(Haha, supposition, suppose, get it)?

You're so punny.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

NomisR

Quote from: bing_oh on August 11, 2010, 06:57:51 PM
Prohibition isn't an effective argument in the case of marijuana because Prohibition turned a formerly-legal (and widely-used) substance into an illegal one. It is far harder to remove a right already given than it is to keep something illegal that has long been that way.

Well, if that's the case, than Marijuana would definitely apply then.  You have to remember that prior to 1937, Marijuana is legal in most State of the country.  It only became illegal after the Marijuana tax Act of 1937. 

Also throughout early American history, growing the plant was encouraged as well.  It has only became illegal after the prohibition period so obviously, people never learned.  And it was demonized through similar methods that was used today in regards to cigarettes. 

MexicoCityM3

Beyond Raza?s argument in favor of the rights of the individual (I agree completely), there is also the very large benefit of taking away more than 50% of the revenue of the drug cartels that are ruining my country simply by legalizing marijuana.

I am all for it.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

BENZ BOY15

I don't know about that. More and more, marijuana is being grown in California and the Pacific NW because of increased seizures at the border.

Furthermore, the cartels have long since moved on to bigger and better things that are more lucrative....like heroin, cocaine, meth...etc. Legalizing marijuana won't change those.