Neon Forum Fail

Started by 2o6, August 06, 2010, 09:58:03 PM

2o6

I'm post name "iagei".

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=365682&sid=ba3864c038216e16ef91832b2f3fd19d

I didn't know people could be like this.......ugh. We have a pretty balanced crop here, all in all.

Mustangfan2003

Chrysler still making a 1st gen Neon, that's crazy talk.  I do think that Dodge needs a new Neon though.

2o6

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on August 06, 2010, 10:16:18 PM
Chrysler still making a 1st gen Neon, that's crazy talk.  I do think that Dodge needs a new Neon though.

The slam of the Cobalt made me laugh.

Mustangfan2003

My dad has a Cobalt, which does suck.  It's better than the crapalierI guess.

Submariner

To be honest, I've seen worse boards, but some of the fanboyism was downright comical. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

68_427

QuoteIf the Caliber wasn't so craptacular, it would be fine.

herpa herp derp
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

SVT_Power

That chipdogg guy is hilarious. What an idiot.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

cawimmer430

iagei

No offense, but in German that seriously translates into "I am horny":confused:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 07, 2010, 06:50:45 AM
iagei

Oh god. lol

AutobahnSHO

Will

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Submariner on August 06, 2010, 11:22:25 PM
To be honest, I've seen worse boards, but some of the fanboyism was downright comical. 
It's incredible.

The cavemanism is equally hilarious. "Me no want airbag or compact disc player... too complicated for caveman brain!"

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT666

Quote from: 2o6 on August 06, 2010, 09:58:03 PM
I'm post name "iagei".

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=365682&sid=ba3864c038216e16ef91832b2f3fd19d

I didn't know people could be like this.......ugh. We have a pretty balanced crop here, all in all.
You have discovered the reason why I steer clear of single model or single make forums.  The only time I go to those types of forums is when I need help with modifying or repairing.

hotrodalex

I go to an El Camino forum every once in awhile for advice. They have some pretty cool people overall and they're very helpful. Only reason I don't frequent it is because there's not enough activity and if there is it's stuff I wouldn't really comment on.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: SVT666 on August 07, 2010, 08:38:23 PM
You have discovered the reason why I steer clear of single model or single make forums.  The only time I go to those types of forums is when I need help with modifying or repairing.
Well, the Accord forums I'm on are pretty reasonable. Then again, that may just be due to the cars we drive. Fanboyism can only go so far

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: sportyaccordy on August 07, 2010, 09:59:53 PM
Well, the Accord forums I'm on are pretty reasonable. Then again, that may just be due to the cars we drive. Fanboyism can only go so far

The SHO forum was a little over the top, but not terribly. Everyone realized they were driving 10+ year old "exotic" american sedans. Sometimes the younger guys would say "THIS IS THE FASTEST CAR EVER" and replies were
guy A: "no, I own a XXX that's faster"
guy B: "yeah, I have a XXX and a XXXX that's faster, too. Stock"
guy C: "ha but the SHO's maintenance costs are through the roof!"
guy D: "no"

Will

SVT_Power

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 08, 2010, 10:36:34 AM
The SHO forum was a little over the top, but not terribly. Everyone realized they were driving 10+ year old "exotic" american sedans. Sometimes the younger guys would say "THIS IS THE FASTEST CAR EVER" and replies were
guy A: "no, I own a XXX that's faster"
guy B: "yeah, I have a XXX and a XXXX that's faster, too. Stock"
guy C: "ha but the SHO's maintenance costs are through the roof!"
guy D: "no"

There's really only one contour around, and man is it ever a hostile place. The guys that have been around for years and years and know each other are real tools to all the newbies. But in terms of the whole fanboy-ism thing, it's not that bad at least.

AutobahnSHO

The SHO forum was actually very very decent. Very helpful, like a little group of people whose goal is to keep old cars on the road would be.

THere were some toolz (usually ripping other members off) but the owner/moderator is a FEMALE enthusiast and she keeps it very nicely under control. Unfortunately it seems the center of the SHO universe is Michigan- there were always tons of members/parts/cars there.
(I'd guess they even import them from all over the country LOL.)
Will

SVT_Power

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on August 08, 2010, 03:58:25 PM
The SHO forum was actually very very decent. Very helpful, like a little group of people whose goal is to keep old cars on the road would be.

THere were some toolz (usually ripping other members off) but the owner/moderator is a FEMALE enthusiast and she keeps it very nicely under control. Unfortunately it seems the center of the SHO universe is Michigan- there were always tons of members/parts/cars there.
(I'd guess they even import them from all over the country LOL.)

I swear like half of the SVTC ever sold are in Michigan...

ifcar

Makes sense. If you wanted something reasonably practical, but wanted something fast because you like fast cars and wanted something American because you're in Michigan, what else were you going to buy but a Ford family sedan with a big engine?

omicron

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 07, 2010, 06:50:45 AM
iagei

I strongly approve of this mid-thread language enlightenment for our dear comrade Mr. 2o6.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: ifcar on August 08, 2010, 09:46:41 PM
Makes sense. If you wanted something reasonably practical, but wanted something fast because you like fast cars and wanted something American because you're in Michigan, what else were you going to buy but a Ford family sedan with a big engine?
You could get one of those V8 FWD GM cars