Best looking American car

Started by 2o6, August 07, 2010, 12:39:09 PM

MX793

No mention of the Zimmer? :lol:

Too hard to choose.  Love the '69 and '70 Mustangs.  Love the '66-'69 Toronados.  Love the early C3 Corvettes.  Love the '64 Continental...
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

ChrisV

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 10, 2010, 07:12:31 PM
Needs chrome bumpers.

Or no bumpers:

There are a couple running around here with the bumper delete, and they look pretty good.

And the kind of car it was patterned after usually hada crate 350 that put out about as much power as teh stock V6, and usually had an automatic:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT666

Quote from: ChrisV on August 11, 2010, 09:04:33 AM
Or no bumpers:
If I had one, I would remove the bumpers in a heartbeat.

QuoteAnd the kind of car it was patterned after usually hada crate 350 that put out about as much power as teh stock V6, and usually had an automatic:
Sure, but the V6 doesn't sound right, and I don't care what tranny those old hot rods had, I want a manual.  The manuals being made back then sucked so autos made more sense...just like most muscle cars had autos because manuals sucked ass at that time.

Payman

Quote from: SVT666 on August 11, 2010, 10:18:06 AM
If I had one, I would remove the bumpers in a heartbeat.
Sure, but the V6 doesn't sound right, and I don't care what tranny those old hot rods had, I want a manual.  The manuals being made back then sucked so autos made more sense...just like most muscle cars had autos because manuals sucked ass at that time.

Meh, the exhaust sound is an easy fix with a cherry bomb. I too would immediately ditch those awful bumpers, and I think I'd like the manumatic in this car instead of a manual. Much better for cruising around town.

SVT666

Quote from: Rockraven on August 11, 2010, 11:36:08 AM
Meh, the exhaust sound is an easy fix with a cherry bomb. I too would immediately ditch those awful bumpers, and I think I'd like the manumatic in this car instead of a manual. Much better for cruising around town.
The stock exhaust setup sounds alright, but it's not the V8 rumble that a car like that should make.  Even a cherry bomb won't be quite right.

cawimmer430

Man, you losers and your sports cars.  :facepalm:  :evildude:

THIS

IS WHERE IT'S AT.  :praise:

Plymouth time!  :rockon:

Man, I wish I went to that college in the '70s! My parents would have given me a gorgeous Plymouth Fury as a graduation present!  :thumbsup:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Laconian

Studebaker Avanti, it isn't the best, but it's still a really good looking car.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Vinsanity

that is a sweet Falcon!...but I bet that woodgrain would look pretty awesome on the side of a black Ford Flex too

shp4man

hotrodalex

Falcon wagons are tied with this for my favorite wagon.

omicron

I'll give you Falcon wagon, damnit!

Mustangfan2003

Some of you Aussies have had too much Fosters.

omicron

I cannot hear you over the Falcons!

ChrisV

I love Falcons...

Which is why that green car's nose is going on my Comet:

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Nethead

The Nethead here will try to limit it to ten twelve:

The '05 Mustang GT coupe
The '65 Shelby G.T.350 coupe
The '57 Thunderbird
The '63 Stingray coupe
The '63 Avanti coupe
The '63 Riviera
The '68 Cyclone GT coupe (and why I bought a '69 CJ 428 Cyclone)
The '68 Charger coupe
The '65 Impala Super Sport coupe
The '66 Toronado
The '61 Lincoln Continental (two-door, if they came in two-door models :huh:)
The '66 Bronco roadster

OK, that's ten twelve in more-or-less descending order.

The T-Bird, Stingray, and Avanti are essentially in a three-way tie for third place.
The Impala, Toronado, and Continental are essentially in a three-way tie for seventh place.

The Cobra 427 is excluded due to its Anglo-American heritage, as is the Ford GT from earlier in this decade for the same reason...
So many stairs...so little time...

Tave

I have to second Onslaught on the C1 Vette.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.