Thinking of selling the Durango and getting something else

Started by rohan, August 08, 2010, 10:04:15 AM

SVT_Power

So I'm assuming some people like the look, so companies offer them on trucks that don't require them.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

the Teuton

The only light duty, non-dually that requires them right now is the SVT Raptor. It's 86 inches wide without mirrors.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

hounddog

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 02, 2011, 11:51:14 AM
I have no use for such a truck, and I probably never will. That said, this thing is fucking cool, man. Do want.
Thanks. 

So far I love it.

Quote from: 68_427 on July 02, 2011, 11:53:23 AM
You would find reasons to use it, if you had access to it.  Nothing like the big diesel power.
:hesaid:

With the power this engine has it is actually more fun than driving a gasser.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

hounddog

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 02, 2011, 02:41:32 PM
So I'm assuming some people like the look, so companies offer them on trucks that don't require them.
Well, I bought them.  Not that I count for much, but, I did specifically order them.

:cheers:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Rupert

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 02, 2011, 02:40:04 PM
"Government regulations stipulate the trucks over 80-inches in width also include roof mounted marker lamps"

"There are no government regulations on non-commercial vehicle roof-mount lighting."

I can put quotes around random statements, too. :huh:

At any rate, my original question could be rephrased as, "is there any reason for those lights on these trucks, other than to look cool?". The answer is, apparently, no.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

SVT_Power

Quote from: Rupert on July 02, 2011, 03:34:13 PM
"There are no government regulations on non-commercial vehicle roof-mount lighting."

At any rate, my original question could be rephrased as, "is there any reason for those lights on these trucks, other than to look cool?". The answer is, apparently, no.

Sure be a dick without looking it up  :huh:

I pulled that quote from here http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/stories/gmctech/three2.html thus the quotation marks.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Rupert

Uncredited quotes are totally useless at best, and make it appear as if you're making shit up to support your argument at worst. ;)

(Oh god not the winky!)
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Rupert on July 02, 2011, 06:12:37 PM
Uncredited quotes are totally useless at best, and make it appear as if you're making shit up to support your argument at worst. ;)

(Oh god not the winky!)

Maybe you should've at least looked up what you were talking about before attacking people ;)

Rupert

I didn't attack people, plural; I attacked person, you, because you were dumb. :huh:

hounddog

Even I, one of the boards biggest pissing contest enablers, thinks this is a ridiculous argument.

At least get it over with and argue about something men would argue about.

:lol:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

SVT_Power

Quote from: Rupert on July 02, 2011, 07:12:35 PM
I didn't attack people, plural; I attacked person, you, because you were dumb. :huh:

Thanks for the clarification asshole  :huh:

hounddog

:lol:

For the record, "Thanks for the clarification , asshole."

:devil:

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

SVT_Power

hounddog

Not too bad, we use Shell pretty exclusively and they have diesel at almost all their locations.

Beyond that, maybe 25-50% of stations? 

I have yet to really take stock.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

CALL_911

Quote from: hounddog on July 02, 2011, 03:06:56 PM
Thanks. 

So far I love it.
:hesaid:

With the power this engine has it is actually more fun than driving a gasser.

Oh, I have no doubt about that. If I were getting a Ram, I'd do everything I could to get the Cummins motor.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Rupert

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 02, 2011, 07:36:23 PM
Thanks for the clarification asshole  :huh:

Meh, I'm a dick, you're an idiot. What else is new? ;)

Submariner

Quote from: hounddog on July 02, 2011, 03:07:37 PM
Well, I bought them.  Not that I count for much, but, I did specifically order them.

:cheers:

Maybe they become mandatory with towing mirrors?

I've always wanted a big diesel truck - I have no use for one, but I'd love to buy one none the less.  A family friend has a 6-speed diesel F250.  The transmission blows, but there is something incredibly fun about driving it.  

BTW - congrats on the truck.  It's a beast in the best possible sense of the word.  :praise:
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Rupert

Quote from: Submariner on July 04, 2011, 04:08:59 PM
Maybe they become mandatory with towing mirrors?

Nope; work truck has those and no roof lights.

hounddog

It just occured to me:

What a woman sees as a truck:

What a man sees as a Truck:
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Rupert

hounddog

My hard drive is registering several failures.

:huh:

Starting to annoy me.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

ifcar

Rupert

MrH

Quote from: Rupert on July 03, 2011, 04:08:27 AM
Meh, I'm a dick, you're an idiot. What else is new? ;)

....but Ed's actually right.

That makes you both the asshole and idiot.  What else is new? ;)

Nice truck.  I actually prefer the gray you got instead of the silver you ordered.  Still think it's strange they butchered that order so bad, but looks like you came out with a bad ass truck :rockon:.  I like the lights on the top too.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rupert

Oh, H, just put me on ignore already. ;)

I wa ;) s being a dick about his uncredited quote, which was pretty clear, not whether or not he was factually correct. I hate uncredited quotes, as explained above. Of course, his correctness is pret ;) ty irrelevant, as we were talking about light duty trucks the size of hd's, not commercial heavy ;) duty trucks.;) See my post:

Quote from: Rupert on July 02, 2011, 03:34:13 PM

;) ;) ;) ;) etc