Thinking of selling the Durango and getting something else

Started by rohan, August 08, 2010, 10:04:15 AM

hounddog

Quote from: 68_427 on July 01, 2011, 10:29:28 PM
Not sure if the wife will approve, but you should get a mural of a naked woman on the side of the truck.
Yes, that would surely go over well. 

:lol:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

S204STi

Also, naked lady mud flaps.  And the angel/demon lady stickers on the rear windows.  Oh, and a set of nuts to hang from the hitch.

68_427

Quote from: hounddog on July 01, 2011, 10:34:35 PM
Yes, that would surely go over well. 

:lol:

What if you did a naked woman on your side and a naked dude on her side?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

hounddog

Quote from: Rupert on July 01, 2011, 10:32:03 PM
Intimidating. So what are the roof lights for?
I dunno.

I like them so I ordered them.  :huh:

My grandpa always had them on his duallys, my dad always had them on his duallys (but not on his last couple 2500s) and I grew up liking them.  They just look the part, I suppose.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

hotrodalex

Quote from: hounddog on July 01, 2011, 10:36:37 PM
I dunno.

I like them so I ordered them.  :huh:

My grandpa always had them on his duallys, my dad always had them on his duallys (but not on his last couple 2500s) and I grew up liking them.  They just look the part, I suppose.

Well at least they got that option right! :lol:

S204STi

Probably some DOT thing having to do with height or size or something.

hounddog

Quote from: R-inge on July 01, 2011, 10:35:45 PM
Oh, and a set of nuts to hang from the hitch.
I happened to see a set of those today, chrome.

I lauged at the thought of them on my truck. 

Well, you have a photo of the front, what do you think about switching to something like a Silverstar?
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

68_427

Quote from: R-inge on July 01, 2011, 10:35:45 PM
Also, naked lady mud flaps.  And the angel/demon lady stickers on the rear windows.  Oh, and a set of nuts to hang from the hitch.

Us, together, would make an awesome team.
'racecar is die'
no

hounddog

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

hounddog

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

hounddog

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

TBR

Quote from: hounddog on July 01, 2011, 10:45:44 PM
Is that an actual photo, or was a shop?

It's from the movie Kill Bill Vol 1. If memory serves me correctly, in the movie it belong to a gentlemen who was having intercourse with a comatose woman mercenary who then woke up, beat the shit out of him, and stole his truck.

Rupert

Quote from: R-inge on July 01, 2011, 10:37:53 PM

They aren't on a lot of same size and larger trucks, including the 2011 2500 at work. :huh:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: hounddog on July 01, 2011, 10:38:02 PM
I happened to see a set of those today, chrome.

I lauged at the thought of them on my truck. 

Well, you have a photo of the front, what do you think about switching to something like a Silverstar?

I think Silverstars are a waste of money.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

S204STi

The Philips equivalent are better for sure.  I helped a guy at my old job install some on his Outback and the result was noticeably improved lighting, but none of this blue-headlight bullshit.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

Quote from: R-inge on July 01, 2011, 10:37:53 PM

I think i read somewhere they're a width-related requirement

hounddog

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 02, 2011, 09:43:13 AM
Well I assumed the gun didn't come with the truck
?

I am not understanding.

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 02, 2011, 09:45:15 AM
They are an option, not standard.

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

hounddog

Quote from: R-inge on July 02, 2011, 07:37:41 AM
The Philips equivalent are better for sure.  I helped a guy at my old job install some on his Outback and the result was noticeably improved lighting, but none of this blue-headlight bullshit.
I was talking about the Xtravision bulbs, just did not remember the name of them is all.

I had them in my last vehicle and really liked them. 

I think I will give the high beam bulbs an upgrade and see how they look.
~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

SVT_Power

hounddog

~Abraham Lincoln

~Edmund Burke

CALL_911

I have no use for such a truck, and I probably never will. That said, this thing is fucking cool, man. Do want.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

68_427

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 02, 2011, 11:51:14 AM
I have no use for such a truck, and I probably never will. That said, this thing is fucking cool, man. Do want.

You would find reasons to use it, if you had access to it.  Nothing like the big diesel power.
'racecar is die'
no

Rupert

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 02, 2011, 09:45:15 AM

Could be, but not for something this size. Like I said, the same-size 2500 at work doesn't have them.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Rupert on July 02, 2011, 01:03:22 PM
Could be, but not for something this size. Like I said, the same-size 2500 at work doesn't have them.

"Government regulations stipulate the trucks over 80-inches in width also include roof mounted marker lamps"