Lottery Car

Started by SVT666, August 08, 2010, 05:54:10 PM

Payman

Quote from: 93JC on August 09, 2010, 11:13:35 AM
If I have $50,000,000 I'm already the envy of men and desire of women wherever I go.

Hey, hold on a sec... when did YOU get back?

93JC

I have no idea what you're talkeing aboot.

Raza

Quote from: 93JC on August 09, 2010, 11:13:35 AM
If I have $50,000,000 I'm already the envy of men and desire of women wherever I go.

Not driving around in a smiley face Mazda3 automatic hatchback. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

hotrodalex

I wouldn't buy a car to be the envy of anyone. I would buy it because I want it. I thought everyone else on this forum would be the same way, considering it's called CARspin.

Vinsanity

I may be lacking in creativity at the moment, but it would be because I'd be too busy interviewing in-house financial advisors to make sure I don't pull an MC Hammer with my money

I'd eventually get around to getting a satin black paint job for it. This would be my daily driver.

Payman

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 09, 2010, 11:31:46 AM
I wouldn't buy a car to be the envy of anyone. I would buy it because I want it. I thought everyone else on this forum would be the same way, considering it's called CARspin.

Yup. I'd have a garage FULL of all the cars I've lusted after, and if no human being ever saw me driving any of them, even better.

Northlands

My initial lottery car would have to be some quick 4 door.

CTS-V or M3 , S4.

Then a whole slew of older vehicles I'd either want to mod or just collect as is. I'm not going to worry about people wanting my money. Just won't answer the phone.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Vinsanity

Quote from: Rockraven on August 09, 2010, 11:43:59 AM
Yup. I'd have a garage FULL of all the cars I've lusted after, and if no human being ever saw me driving any of them, even better.

Quote from: Northlands on August 09, 2010, 11:45:05 AM
Then a whole slew of older vehicles I'd either want to mod or just collect as is. I'm not going to worry about people wanting my money. Just won't answer the phone.

I'm with you guys. All the cars I'd end up buying are those that I'd buy because I enjoy driving them. Sure, I'd probably end up with a Ferrari California at some point, but I'd also have a classic Mercedes 280SE convertible, a Rolls Corniche, and a 1960's Lincoln Continental 4-door convertible

MrH

E92 M3.  Quickly behind I'd order a 997 GT3 rs. Then I'd get some luxury boat. probably a new seven series or panamera, and that's it.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Raza

Quote from: hotrodalex on August 09, 2010, 11:31:46 AM

Well, of course.  I wouldn't buy a car just to impress people.  But it's a nice feeling when you catch people looking at your car or come up to you and tell you how cool your car is.  I miss that. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Rich

Quote from: Raza  on August 09, 2010, 12:09:26 PM
Well, of course.  I wouldn't buy a car just to impress people.  But it's a nice feeling when you catch people looking at your car or come up to you and tell you how cool your car is.  I miss that. 

It is an interesting feeling.  In the Mustang I get a lot of looks from girls.  In the Miata, I've gotten a fat old guy coming up to me asking me how I like the car.  I think girls are repulsed at the Miata :lol:
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Vinsanity

me too. and I enjoyed it more when I was sitting in my car, waiting to pick up my (ex) gf from the train station in the S2000 when an octegenerian couple complimented my car, than that time at the car wash when a guy my age in a 350Z struck a conversation with me about my car. both moments were pretty cool, but the best was when I got a thumbs-up from a guy in a classic E-type roadster taking a cruise with his woman :ohyeah:

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on August 09, 2010, 12:21:46 PM
me too. and I enjoyed it more when I was sitting in my car, waiting to pick up my (ex) gf from the train station in the S2000 when an octegenerian couple complimented my car, than that time at the car wash when a guy my age in a 350Z struck a conversation with me about my car. both moments were pretty cool, but the best was when I got a thumbs-up from a guy in a classic E-type roadster taking a cruise with his woman :ohyeah:

Yup.  I once had a guy in a Taurus/Sable wagon open his window and yell over how awesome he thought my car was.  And of course, there's the Porsche wave, which is also a great feeling.  I love my car, but I get more compliments about my watches in a week than I've gotten about my car in the entire time I've owned it.   :(

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza  on August 09, 2010, 11:00:23 AM
Anything.  You don't like a single car that's on sale today?  You know with that kind of money, you could import a Geely Slitty-Eyed Panda Happy Fun Time Edition if you really wanted. 
:lol:

Federalized too

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on August 09, 2010, 12:34:56 PM
Yup.  I once had a guy in a Taurus/Sable wagon open his window and yell over how awesome he thought my car was.  And of course, there's the Porsche wave, which is also a great feeling.  I love my car, but I get more compliments about my watches in a week than I've gotten about my car in the entire time I've owned it.   :(

I think the best compliment about my car is from people who also had CTS's, and liked my rims. Two instances of that happening: one from an early-20's "urban" type of guy, and one from a late-40's "real housewife" type of woman.

93JC

You'd be surprised how many girls check out the Mazda 3. Of course it's surely more of a "That car's so cute, tee-hee!" reaction than a "Oh my god that car is so cool and so is that guy driving it I want him inside me!" reaction.

But I take what I can get. :lol:

Raza

Quote from: 93JC on August 09, 2010, 01:19:00 PM
You'd be surprised how many girls check out the Mazda 3. Of course it's surely more of a "That car's so cute, tee-hee!" reaction than a "Oh my god that car is so cool and so is that guy driving it I want him inside me!" reaction.

But I take what I can get. :lol:

Yeah, I've gotten the "Hey nice car, I'm going to go fuck my boyfriend/husband's brains out until he buys me one" before. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

2o6

Quote from: SVT666 on August 09, 2010, 10:48:32 AM
Really?  There is nothing on the market today that you want?  No Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Geely, Brilliance, or Tata on the market today that you would want?  I find that incredibly hard to believe.

Marussia B2. I have decided. I don't care how it drives, it looks excellent.

Onslaught

Quote from: HotRodPilot on August 09, 2010, 12:17:41 PM
It is an interesting feeling.  In the Mustang I get a lot of looks from girls.  In the Miata, I've gotten a fat old guy coming up to me asking me how I like the car.  I think girls are repulsed at the Miata :lol:
Strange, must be a NB thing. Girls love my Miata.

Have you had a strange number of people ask you "what kind of car is that?" I can't get over how many people don't know what a fucking MX-5 is.

ChrisV

In that color.

then I'd find some classics that I also like ('67 jag E type convertible, for example)
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: ifcar on August 08, 2010, 06:00:27 PM
If I won the lottery, I'd want it to be a secret. So I'd want something comfortable and safe, but not something that draws any sort of attention either from strangers or from people who know me.

Maybe after a while I'd move up the automotive ladder, but what's the big hurry? This is a good route to take:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/04/AR2009050402008.html

What the hell is wrong with you?

Colonel Cadillac

I'm really liking the DB7 GT right now. But I could also use a V12 Vantage.

or

SVT666

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on August 09, 2010, 03:10:47 PM
I'm really liking the DB7 GT right now. But I could also use a V12 Vantage.

The worst thing about the V12 Vantage is you can't get it here which would really upset me if I ever won the lottery.   :frown:

SVT666

Quote from: 2o6 on August 09, 2010, 02:33:29 PM

Marussia B2. I have decided. I don't care how it drives, it looks excellent.

Good for you man.  I knew there was something out there you liked.  This has worse visibility out of the windshield than the Camaro does out...well...anywhere, but it does look pretty wild.  Not my cup of tea, but it is wild.

ifcar

Quote from: SVT666 on August 09, 2010, 03:45:21 PM
The worst thing about the V12 Vantage is you can't get it here which would really upset me if I ever won the lottery.   :frown:

With $50 million to play with, I'm sure you could make it happen if you really wanted to.

Northlands

Quote from: SVT666 on August 09, 2010, 03:45:21 PM

Buy a container and stick it on some boat. For that car, there's a lot I'd do to get one over here.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

SVT666

Quote from: Northlands on August 09, 2010, 03:50:15 PM
Buy a container and stick it on some boat. For that car, there's a lot I'd do to get one over here.
Oh yeah.  Definitely.

Gotta-Qik-C7

With 50 million Imma have a damn good time. No Econo Box for me. Next would be a slew of numbers matching Muscle cars.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

BimmerM3

Quote from: SVT666 on August 09, 2010, 10:48:32 AM
Really?  There is nothing on the market today that you want?  No Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, Geely, Brilliance, or Tata on the market today that you would want?  I find that incredibly hard to believe.

While I agree with you there, the "current cars only" is a pretty stupid requirement for the "Lottery Car" thread.