Started by 2o6, August 16, 2010, 03:22:14 PM

Raza

None of you guys are even close:

The Genesis Coupe is a distant second. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=22794.msg1380209#msg1380209 date=1282069748

That is hideous.

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on August 17, 2010, 12:32:24 PM

Maybe I was a bit loopy when I said the Autobianchi Y is one of the "best" (it still looks VERY good however, in a Chic, very minimalist way) but the Spirra looks bad.

It looks as if the person who made the 3D model used too few polygons.

Now the facelifted Spirra is a pretty car.

SVT666

I like the facelifted Spirra, but not the one Raza posted.

Raza

I like them both, but the second one does look better, I think.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Original Hyundai Pony

Hyundai XG

Hyundai Genesis
Hyundai Genesis Coupe

That's about it.  :tounge:

Nothing from Kia, Daewoo or Ssangyong is attractive.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

Wimmer, the SOUL and Forte Coupe are hot vehicles.

The Optima is probably the best looking midsize car on the market.

Laconian

Nothing from Ssangyong?

Come on, Wimmer. Mercedes Benz diesel engine. Q.E. mother effin' D., it's smokin' hot!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Colin

Of course the original Hyundai Pony, and the rather later Daewoo Eleganza are both the product of Giugiaro!

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on August 17, 2010, 02:21:10 PM
Nothing from Ssangyong?

Come on, Wimmer. Mercedes Benz diesel engine. Q.E. mother effin' D., it's smokin' hot!

It's like an A-class drunk DDT while pregnant.

cawimmer430

Quote from: 2o6 on August 17, 2010, 02:18:34 PM
Wimmer, the SOUL and Forte Coupe are hot vehicles.

The Soul looks ok, but nothing cool. I find the VW CrossPolo and Fiat Panda Cross to be more cool looking.

The Forte Coupe isn't sold here and I am not a fan of its design based on the press photos.

Quote from: 2o6 on August 17, 2010, 02:18:34 PMThe Optima is probably the best looking midsize car on the market.

Decent-looking, but hardly beautiful.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

2o6

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 17, 2010, 02:24:07 PM

Decent-looking, but hardly beautiful.

The only runner up is the Mondeo. The rest either are bland or ugly.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Laconian on August 17, 2010, 02:21:10 PM
Nothing from Ssangyong?

:tounge:

It's a tragedy that Mercedes diesels are powering some of those monstrosities from Ssangyong!

This "Mercedes" is actually some Korean POS that's "legally badged" as a Mercedes' in certain Asian markets. It's powered by the same engine found in the Rodius, Musso etc. (2.9-l 5-cylinder turbodiesel). It's called "Mercedes-Benz 100".  :facepalm:

This is the real Mercedes 100.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT666

Mustangfan2003

Northlands

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=22794.msg1380209#msg1380209 date=1282069748

+1

I'll even take it in that color.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

cawimmer430

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on August 17, 2010, 06:36:16 PM
Time to rep the north side

This should actually be in the "Best-Looking Italian Car" thread.  :lol:

It's a friggin Fiat Palio!  :tounge:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Speed_Racer

The new Sonata looks great in white.

Atomic

Quote from: 2o6 on August 16, 2010, 04:39:47 PM
I don't think the Genesis coupe is attractive at all.

i agree! i do like the optima, but it is becoming the modern age "pontiac grand am"... nearly every woman in town drives one. wow. they are everywhere here in nys and south florida. have yet to see a male driver. the genesis coupe seems to appeal to men, imo, but it is less attractive than many sedans. not right.

nickdrinkwater

giant_mtb

I honestly - briefly - considered the Genesis when I was looking for a car. :mask:  It's just so gorgeous. (but the V8 model was out of my price range, sadly)

hotrodalex

They're nice cars, but too bland for me. The Audi was a much better choice. :ohyeah:

Submariner

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 01, 2010, 11:23:46 AM
I honestly - briefly - considered the Genesis when I was looking for a car. :mask:  It's just so gorgeous. (but the V8 model was out of my price range, sadly)

I rode in my dad's employees Genesis 4.6 last week - aside from the great engine, the A4 drives much better, feels more upscale, and looks better.  You picked the better car by a long shot. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

giant_mtb

Hence, I briefly considered it.  Probably before I'd brought the A4 into consideration.  In honesty, the A4 was a sudden "aha!" moment for me.  I then instantly knew it was the one. :ohyeah:

CALL_911

Quote from: Submariner on September 06, 2010, 04:43:16 PM
I rode in my dad's employees Genesis 4.6 last week - aside from the great engine, the A4 drives much better, feels more upscale, and looks better.  You picked the better car by a long shot. 

I'm a huge fan of the A4. Hell, I convinced my parents to buy one. I, too, would take it over the Genesis.

That said, what you're saying is bullshit. The A4 probably does drive better (but you rode in it....) and IMO, it does look better too. But feels more upscale? Hell fucking no. I wouldn't say the A4 is a better car, it's a car that's better for people like us. If I wanted something cushy, quick and luxurious and I was on a budget, the Genesis would probably be at the top of my list.

That said, for what I think you want in a car, you definitely made the right decision.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Submariner

Quote from: CALL_911 on September 06, 2010, 05:42:38 PM
I'm a huge fan of the A4. Hell, I convinced my parents to buy one. I, too, would take it over the Genesis.

That said, what you're saying is bullshit. The A4 probably does drive better (but you rode in it....) and IMO, it does look better too. But feels more upscale? Hell fucking no. I wouldn't say the A4 is a better car, it's a car that's better for people like us. If I wanted something cushy, quick and luxurious and I was on a budget, the Genesis would probably be at the top of my list.

That said, for what I think you want in a car, you definitely made the right decision.

No, I drove an 10' a few weeks back for fun and I can safely say from experience, not only does it drive better, but it feels more upscale too.  It didn't have the comfortable ride the Genesis had, but it comfortable enough. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

giant_mtb

The Genesis probably would have been too much of a floater for me.  I enjoy the stiff, yet highly-cruiseable ride of the A4.

Granted, I've never driven the Genesis, but I suspect it'd be a bit softer.

CALL_911

Quote from: Submariner on September 06, 2010, 06:15:42 PM
but it feels more upscale too. 

Methinks you're letting those 4 rings skew your perceptions. That's cool.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

the Teuton

Hyundai didn't make a world beater. But they made a car that generally costs far more than $40k in the marketplace, and likely a better car than some of the rivals like the Cadillac STS, Lexus GS, etc.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!