Best looking Korean car

Started by 2o6, August 16, 2010, 03:22:14 PM

Cookie Monster

Quote from: CALL_911 on September 06, 2010, 09:08:25 PM
Methinks you're letting those 4 rings skew your perceptions. That's cool.
+1

I felt the A4 to be slightly more spartan than the Genesis I sat in. The A4 probably would've been the better driver, but as for the interior I'd like to sit in, I'd take the Genesis.

As for looks, I think they both look great.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

Submariner

Quote from: CALL_911 on September 06, 2010, 09:08:25 PM
Methinks you're letting those 4 rings skew your perceptions. That's cool.

Methinks you haven't driven them both, and if you have, opinions are still opinions. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

CALL_911

Quote from: Submariner on September 07, 2010, 11:48:29 AM
Methinks you haven't driven them both, and if you have, opinions are still opinions. 

I've sat in a Genesis, and that's what we're arguing. I didn't dispute the fact that the A4 drives better.

Also, I drive an A4 everyday (at least when I'm at home, which is quite often).

I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't find an A4 to be more upscale than a Genesis sedan.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT_Power

Quote from: Submariner on September 06, 2010, 04:43:16 PM
I rode in my dad's employees Genesis 4.6 last week - aside from the great engine, the A4 drives much better, feels more upscale, and looks better.  You picked the better car by a long shot.  

The "feels more upscale" is probably due to the badge. I remember touching a lot of the Genesis's interior trim pieces and they were mostly soft plastics (along with the available leather dash). The upscale feeling in the A4's interior might be because of the actual design of the interior. The materials in the Genesis I have no question are higher quality, but I mean Audi interiors get praise for design pretty much across the board.

So in other words, objectively the Genesis definitely has the higher quality interior. But subjectively, the A4 might edge it out. But of course that differs from person to person.

As for driving better, I'm sure the A4 is much more of a driver's car than a Genesis (although the A4 is hardly a driver's car to begin with).
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

68_427

Quote from: SVT_Power on September 07, 2010, 02:52:36 PM
The "feels more upscale" is probably due to the badge. I remember touching a lot of the Genesis's interior trim pieces and they were mostly soft plastics (along with the available leather dash). But the upscale feeling might be because of the actual design of the interior. The materials in the Genesis I have no question are higher quality, but I mean Audi interiors get praise for design pretty much across the board.

The A4 really isn't any higher quality than the Passat, but the Genesis is.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

SVT_Power

Quote from: 68_427 on September 07, 2010, 02:55:49 PM
The A4 really isn't any higher quality than the Passat, but the Genesis is.

I think my post was really vague. I meant to say the Genesis's interior quality is at a higher level than the A4's
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

68_427

That's what I got from your post.  :huh:

Maybe my post was vague.  :lol:

EDIT: yeah it was mine.  I meant to say I agreed with your statement.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

hotrodalex

I like my interiors to look good, I'm not that much of a dash stroker. The Genesis has great materials but the design doesn't speak to me as much as the Audi, which has a great design and the materials are still good.