Catman

Catman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=22897.msg1772561#msg1772561 date=1346432573
62,000 miles on one set of tires!? 

I am more surprised with the brakes.

Atomic

Quote from: Catman on August 31, 2012, 03:38:39 PM

Amazing. My Maxi's ate tires and I always tried trading right before having to replace costly rotors. I often would hit 60,000 (not bad, I thnk) before hearing the squealing and whistling indicating brake likely brake or if likely, only brake pad issues.

Will you keep this quite a few more years? Sounds like it, Greg.

Catman

Quote from: Atomic on August 31, 2012, 05:41:31 PM
Amazing. My Maxi's ate tires and I always tried trading right before having to replace costly rotors. I often would hit 60,000 (not bad, I thnk) before hearing the squealing and whistling indicating brake likely brake or if likely, only brake pad issues.

Will you keep this quite a few more years? Sounds like it, Greg.

Yeah. I only owe 8k on it. Once its paid off we'll get my wife a new car. Over 90k on the Maxima. Its been great as well.

Raza

Quote from: TBR on August 31, 2012, 01:50:28 PM
At 180k the subaru is only on its second set, although they'll need to be replaced soon.

I've always liked the CX9, glad to hear it's still treating you well.

Quote from: 68_427 on August 31, 2012, 02:06:24 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure my car is on it's second set at 160K+

The Jetta was almost done its third set at 83K.  You guys must drive like little girls have tea parties!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

68_427

160hp 3800lbs car with a 4 speed auto, AWD, bad brakes, bad sway bar bushing, mystery CEL, and 20mpg...

Yes I do.  Until it snows.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Catman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=22897.msg1772971#msg1772971 date=1346502542
The Jetta was almost done its third set at 83K.  You guys must drive like little girls have tea parties!

I think the AWD helps plus I have a lot of HWY miles.

TBR

Quote from: Raza  on September 01, 2012, 06:29:02 AM

Well, the first 170k was put on my by mother in mostly highway driving. So,yeah, not driven very hard.

At the rate I'm driving, I probably won't buy another set of tires for this car after this one.

Catman

Quote from: TBR on September 01, 2012, 08:32:07 AM
Well, the first 170k was put on my by mother in mostly highway driving. So,yeah, not driven very hard.

At the rate I'm driving, I probably won't buy another set of tires for this car after this one.

My wife's Maxima is an 07, has about 93K on it and we just put on the third set.  Pretty sure the original set had a short life because two got cut and couldn't be repaired.  The Michelin Pilot's we have are on the soft side though and wear a bit faster. Grippy though.

SVT666

Quote from: Catman on August 31, 2012, 03:38:39 PM
I go through tires much faster than that...on all my vehicles.

Raza

Quote from: Catman on September 01, 2012, 08:13:03 AM
I think the AWD helps plus I have a lot of HWY miles.

Why would AWD help tire wear?

And yeah, 15-25K a year on the highway is why I got 30-35K out of my tires!  But SUV tires are different, right?  I'd wager that I had more aggressive rubber. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=22897.msg1774446#msg1774446 date=1346788713
Why would AWD help tire wear?

And yeah, 15-25K a year on the highway is why I got 30-35K out of my tires!  But SUV tires are different, right?  I'd wager that I had more aggressive rubber. 

Not as much tire spin. Even wear.

Laconian

Kind of hawt, kind of plasticky too. :S
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Secret Chimp

I really like what Mazda's doing with their designs.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Laconian

I think a matte black vinyl wrap would look pretty sweet on this hurr thang.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Raza

Quote from: Catman on September 04, 2012, 05:23:58 PM
Not as much tire spin. Even wear.

Hmm.  I didn't think of it that way. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

veeman

The first thing I notice when I start seriously contemplating new tires is less robust breaking when its raining and tireslip when on an incline starting from a standstill (like at a traffic light).  I tend to take highway onramps and offramps faster than most (not crazy fast) and when its wet if the car starts feeling less confident than i'm used to, i also know the tires gotta be replaced.

so far for me on my mainstreamers and suvs, its always been between 50 and 60 thousand miles. 

Catman

Xer0

IIRC, this is just a facelift and doesn't have any Skyactive mumbo jumbo in it.  I wonder what Mazda is going to do for a second generation CX-9 since they don't have any V6's of their own that I'm aware of, just Ford mills.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Onslaught on September 20, 2012, 09:43:09 PM

I don't like it. The nose is a little too pointy (hoping the camera lens distorted but I still don't think I'd like it,) and it looks minivan-ish. From a minivan loving guy, that hurts.

Also kinda resembles an Outback or Volvo without the good parts.
Will

CJ

I saw adults with legs in the back of a CX9 today. It startled me.

TBR

I don't like it when they make significant revisions to a front end without really making any changes to the rest of the car. A face lift is one thing, but a reconstruction is another.

ifcar

The changes are deceptively insignificant, I think. It doesn't look like the headlight shape has changed, for instance, just the internal lighting scheme within it. So it's just the grille and bumper.

TBR

Sure enough, still don't like it though. We'll see how it looks in person.